Stats Revamp 1.7 - Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

Hey everyone, we’re back with another set of Stats Revamp updates! This thread is for feedback specific to Quantum powers. Before testing, please read the notes for our general changes here.

The biggest concern from Quantum players was the role of Time Bomb. We expect Time Bomb to be a powerful damage ability, but optional, not mandatory, so that players who want more immediate damage have that option. Since feedback was mixed and conflicting, no significant changes have been made.

Patch Notes
    • General:
      • General pass for new balance values.
      • Increased the potency of the group weapon buff on Controller burst power heals, and slightly reduced power healing.
      • Channels now always allow retargeting
      • Executes and Supercharges should generally no longer benefit from PIs.
      • Supercharge costs and throughput have been increased.
    • Temporal Extortion:
      • Increased power cost to 300 and increased group buff.
    • Timeshift:
      • Cone attacks now have a wider angle.
    • Like x 1
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont understand the time bomb thing. Some wanted it changed and others didnt. So by not changing it half the feedback is being dismissed. A compromise would be to tweak it. Its really frustrating to see your own feedback dismissed while at the same time other players feedback is fully listened to. By not making any change means the people who wanted it to stay the same got their wish :rolleyes:

But i will go test with the new changes and see how it goes. But my wish for quantum is for it to be closer to what it was when it 1st went live, like back in 2013. It was mainly burst. Waiting for time bomb to float out there and explode is simply too slow.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sometimes people disagree. We're happy with where it is at right now, and do not have further good player suggestions. If you have some, that's what this thread is for.
    • Like x 1
  4. prometeo82 New Player

I agree.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Well i did post feedback in the last thread about it and others did too and agreed. And said here that id rather see it be more burst like it was when it 1st went live. That time bomb is too slow. Its like that on live atm. On adds in raids and alerts a lot of time they are dead before time bomb goes off. Plus the dmg cap, cant even remember if the cap is still there cause its been awhile since i tested it and dont recall if anything was previously done about this. And not to sound rude, but i dont feel like any suggestion i post is gonna mean anything because people gave the feedback before and u guys decided to keep it the same. But like i said i will go test it and report back. Maybe im wrong and its ok.
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So i jumped on test and its actually not that bad. I just will never be a fan of time bomb and the way it works. Mainly because of all the past issues, not going into them cause we all know what they are, and because of its speed.

But guessing its not gonna be changed. Oh well. Guess i will have to make it work. Really hope when this is all said and done quantum is improved because its been below average for far too long. It had its FOTM phase but id rather never see that happen. I just want it to be solid and competitive. And i take special interest in it cause its my main toon and only shadow powers would make me switch away from quantum :D
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

too slow fix - removes the ability to use weapon combos for quantum which is designed into time bomb usage now, other loadouts not involving time bomb exist for faster burst that provide close to equal damage (I posted this in another thread). other idea of having time bomb explode after reaching the damage cap was nullified by the concept of exploitation (have to check how supercharges are to know if it still exists) and possibility in coding difficulty seeing as there's no other power that's coded in a live reaction type of cooldown.

adds in raids and alerts - that complaint has been voiced repeatedly but has no ground on test server where AM's don't exist. If you disagree, provide footage of killing a set of adds without being able to get off 2 time bombs assuming no supercharges or extreme orbital use exists (not getting time bomb off when 2-3 orbitals and henchman are used in the first group of OLY adds would be an example of not a good argument).

cap - maxed at a % of might if remember right, Absolix I think it was mentioned crit bias scaling which got it buffed to compensate for, and the only other complaint that I can remember was that it didn't scales as hard with % damage modifiers like supply drop or something along those lines. that problem I did not have a response for as that requires increasing the cap, which leads to other issues and pushes for time bomb for the only competitive loadout.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

when time bomb was not the AM, i was not yet playing quantum. however: what i heard it was like, is sounding better to me than what i see on live and also on the revamp test server... maybe you could take a look at how it was before, meaning no stacking, no capping, just a bomb exploding after some time... THAT would give you more options to let it fit with the oveall balancing for the revamp, wouldm't it? say: for the time it needs to explode, you get a dammage bonus similar to channeled attacks or something like that... just an idea to make constructive critique ^^
  9. Duck X Active Player

Timebomb is good from what i tested the only thing is that the damage cap should be increase to around 20k average instead or 14 and 15k average and 25k crit.
  10. Microwave Well-Known Player

I'm not sure I'll play my quantum after this rolls out. I'll try to get used to it but I don't know if I can. Seems heavily nerfed. The access to having all powers on the power tray is nice. The ui changes are nice. But I fear play-style changes and balance changes are possibly the death of my character. Gameplay seems less high octane too and that's sad. The removal of am actually makes crossing between powers and weapons more clumsy and less refined and reduces strategic use of the two.

I think it's strange my character seems more nerfed having more sp on test than my current character trying to catch up with almost 80 less.
    I feel that it would seem more normal to have a stronger character of matching builds that has more skill points on the test server than that of a character with almost 80 less on live.

Overall my initial impression of the revamp for quantum is that it's less fun. I'm not optimistic that my character on the revamp will ever have the potential to reach my current characters level of fun no matter how many skill points I earn. And that doesn't make sense. More skill points should mean a stronger character. I will continue to try and get used to it between now and when this goes live. I hope I do and find the fun in playing the power set again on the new revamp.

As a side note and a purely material concern compared to the above, the new animation for quantum tunneling gets in the way of the abilities purpose. As part of it's purpose is meant to be used to evade, why add an intrusive animation that gets in the way of evading? I can't see where I'm going half the time!

Quite a bit nervous here.
  11. L T Devoted Player

My impressions of Quantum are totally opposite. I find it much more exciting to play as opposed to the mind-numbing 1-2-3-4 that live has become. Burst damage is very good with quantum and you have DOT options as well as the bomb's semi-dot/ delayed burst. The power set works really well with or without weapons... And effectiveness improves with the number of skill points you spend.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

the problems with time bomb are that it is not how it was pre AM and that players think they need it in theyr PFTT loadouts.
    mee too
  13. ChaoticDemise New Player

What is "PFTT"?
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Play from the Tray.
    • Like x 1
  15. L T Devoted Player

Gravity bomb is doing the same damage as inspiral waves, despite a higher power cost and a much longer cool down.

Alcubierre Wave seems to be doing roughly 50% more damage than Inspiral, but it seems like, given it's high power cost and long cool down, that it should be doing even more.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Tachyon blast seems to be doing slightly less damage than Inspiral waves. Time Shift seems about right. Warp Barrage seems slightly low-- it's a fractured burst and it doesn't apply a PI, but it's doing roughly the same damage as Time Shift.

Distortion Wave is broken. It's doing the damage of a 100 cost power.

Anomaly is also weak, especially given that its damage is spread over time. It applies a PI and generates supercharge, but should it really be doing less damage than either of the spammers?

Singularity is doing slightly less damage than Time Shift. They both have the same power cost, cool down, and seem to have about the same animation time. But Singularity's damage is spread out over time. Seems like it should do more.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

SC Generators do less damage. That's the take back.
  18. AshenVoid Level 30

So is the time tree still going to be dominant for both trolling and dps or are both going to be equal for both roles?
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I got to play around with Quantum much more this weekend.

For Trolling, Time tree is the best because Anomaly is still your health debuff, stun and SC generator. The debuffs are also cheaper cost.

If you want a PftT loadout, it will be a mix of abilities from Time and Gravity. For solo/duo I was using Oblivion, Gravity Well, Time Bomb, Anomaly, Tachyon Blast and Inspiral Waves. I'm tempted to try Singularity in place of GWell to set up the PI because it is lower power and has a shorter cool down than GWell.

I have not tested this loadout in raids/alerts. It parses well but is heavy on power: Oblivion, Gravity Well, Time Bomb, Lift, Alc Wave and Inspiral Waves. This is a good trash mob loadout or for boss with adds. Again, Singularity might be better for moving through hallways because of cooldown/power. It will depend a lot if you have 1 or 2 trolls.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Actually, Timebomb, Time Shift, Distortion Wave, Warp Barrage and Tachyon Blast parses pretty good too. Will definitely need a troller for that loadout.

Quantum IMO has some of the best flexibility in loadouts right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.