Test Discussion Episode 28: Update to Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

From AF3 to AoJ we get a 70% increase in marks earned per week. Vendor gear cost went up by 70% also. So no problems there. And if there was a math error in AF3 then how do the increase in reward/cost line up perfectly from AF3 to AoJ?

Those 3 helmets went up by 246% compared to the mino head in AF3. So ok great those have been reduced.
    But OP items cost went up by 200% compared to AF3. The cost of those wasnt reduced. The effort/time needed to get the OP items in AoJ is not justified. Especially when compared to what it took to get the OP items in AF3 and the starro event. So OP items are only for die hard enthusiats? Then why do so many people have the AF3 and starro ones?

Lets do some math. AF3 we got 84 marks per week. AoJ we get 143 marks per week, 70% increase. AF3 OP items cost 500 marks. AoJ OP items cost 1730. 200% increase in cost. So how can it be said that is the same as AF3? 70% and 200% are not the same where i come from. So im a little confused here. And there was a math error in ep27? How come this wasnt communicated to the players then? Why not say this at any point over the last 6 months or when the ep28 gear was put on test? Or fix it? Not trying to be rude or critical here but im really having a hard time understanding this. Is the math error only for the mod cost or for everything?

Being able to pull out a full intact mod is a great change. Love it. Is that staying that way after the cost adjustment for the mods?

Edit: Gonna echo what others have said too. If OP items are only for die hard enthusiasts then they should not be tied to/required for max CR. This is not going to make me stick around longer to do the grind. I will sub for 3 months, get OP items on 1 toon and vendor gear on another and then im gone til the episode 29.
    • Like x 13
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for the explanations!

However:
    This is a little disengenuous, or at least missing the point.
    The number of hours necessary to play to obtain the comparable reward will go up significantly. Possibly 70% up. Maybe only 50%. Maybe "only" 30%. It's still going to be a significantly larger number of hours.

Obviously that's a good thing from your POV insofar as you see more active players and any resulting additional micro-transactions.

From the player's POV, however, it's a mixed affair at best, and for some, a pure negative: "more time to enjoy the game" quickly becomes "far more time stuck in an endless grind that becomes boring and aggravating and makes one stop playing entirely."

It becomes stress, not reward. You want players to want to keep coming back; you can't force that very far by drawing out the rewards to require more player hours to get those rewards. That ultimately just pisses people off.

People have only so many hours in a week they can allot for game-playing or for playing a specific game.

I'm just saying. Focusing on the fact that it won't "take more days" as limited by turnover of loot locks is not at all the most relevant point from the player's point of view.
    • Like x 9
  3. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

'Diehard enthusiasts' = Reply Badge enthusiasts
    • Like x 9
  4. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

Daybreak are killing this game and don't care about his community. This is my "perception"!!!! DCUO was a cool game now is a full time job and we paid for it???!!! GREED is the first rule of Daybreak! I'm really sad to see that, I'm thinking of the devs are fans of this game and be players too. I was wrong, my bad and sorry to think some humans are behind this game. This is only a business!
    • Like x 1
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

The thing about this is that it also devalues Replay Badges. If something costs 100 Marks, that would be 10 raid resets and so 870 RBs. If they now increase the cost to let's say 250 Marks without changing the Marks given out of individual pieces of content or the cost of resetting it, it now becomes 25 raid resets and therefore 2,175 RBs to get it. That is essentially what has happened with the jump from AF3 to AoJ. This means that players are now less rewarded for replaying content. That can either be a good or bad thing depending on someone's perception.
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Very curious question, that relates to this one and AF3's mark acquisition count. Why did you choose to make duos and alerts have a lower number of marks acquired, but kept the raids at a higher amount? (2, 5, 10 vs 1, 3, 10) Would it have hurt the cost that much to increase the duos and alert BACK to 2 and 5?

Anyways, I've resigned myself. I'll see how it goes. I've not tested this at all, because I know the grind will be great and don't want to early burn myself out.

Thank you for the consideration.

PS, I agree with what brit said above. About the OP items are necessary right now due to CR and until that changes, having such a high cost is ridiculous. 250 was fine, but what screwed that up was your silly Time Capsule sales. You know what that did and you now are making us reap your mistake. #thankyou
    • Like x 6
  7. Perdition Committed Player

And everything we said fell on deaf ears. But no problem. Do as u like. Now atleast this will save me alot of replays.
    • Like x 1
  8. cooking Level 30

I would like the gear in raid to be best again. But make the op gear cost high to keep the grind if u want it! And make few incredibly hard feats with one raid been hard in normal and elite to be elite! And make a raid like oly gom for the casual players! When dwf dropped I remember there been a long member q with every log in not seen as much since!
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

no man, best gear in raids is nonsense, it's something we had for many years and most of players hated. Best gear in vendor is the best but the vendor gear shouldn't cost as much as it costs now.I agree with the rest things you wrote.
    • Like x 1
  10. cooking Level 30

That's why I said best gear in raid I personally thought af3 gear cost was to much when i came back I wasted a ton on money resetting compair to any other Dlc. That's probably cause of the op gear farm xD
  11. Maxwill Committed Player

And are you guys sure stats matter will come live before next episode/dlc?
  12. Maxwill Committed Player

By saying best gear in raid you're not helping much.You just make them think about putting best gear in raid for next dlc which we would hate !
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Incredibly disappointing.

It almost feels like you reduced the "helmet styles" as a token to appease the complaints.

As a few others pointed out this whole game here is driven by CR presently and you're pushing people to get them and they'll have to significantly replay to do so if they want them for the likes of SM.

It's a bit rich to say "they're only for diehard enthusiasts" and then within the next month drop a time limited SM.

It's basically saying you can be a die hard enthusiast but only if you have $750USD.

I don't know what to say it this point other than this is incredibly disappointing and this along the ongoing push of time capsules with zero redundancy system in place just really begs belief.
    • Like x 9
  14. mexmex Dedicated Player

I think the only math they understand, is the counting cash.
    I cant believe they dont understand what you just pointed out, they do very well. For the replayers that same gun will cost e times more replays, that is all they see in this lol
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would be a good solution if the devs postponed SM and had HH SM go live late July/early August (as supposed to early July like normal). Give people more time to gear and more testing time for Stats Revamp, maybe even get Stats Revamp live too beforehand.

But probably won't happen.
  16. IamINC Dedicated Player

No it won't , because that would make to much sense.
    • Like x 2
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

it is awful, really bad bad bad
    • Like x 1
  18. mexmex Dedicated Player

you shoudnt be replying in the first place, people doing so is what il lead the game toward this.
  19. Perdition Committed Player

Then quote to everyone not to reply... i can say what i like. Its not our saying that leads the game to how it is going now. We all know who is leading it.
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

They want people to replay and spend on it, they are counting on this behavior, more $$$$ for them. Sure the whales will keep spending, the rest of us, ready to walk away now.

This is unacceptable. But in the end, is the players fault for replying anyway, what replayers were expecting, if they keep doing it over and over and over.

Replays as TC will keep going as people keep spending, all league leaders should take a stand on this matters and encourage their tribe to stop doing such practices, because the devs are not going to fix this
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.