Super speed isn't fast enough

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iAquamanJLA, May 30, 2017.

1. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I recently tried calculating the amount of mph speedsters on game go. I assumed that the average stride of my character while not in movement mode was 3 feet, and using that I got the approximate length of the side of one of he buildings, which was 84 feet. I timed myself in super speed mode running along the side and each time was around 5 seconds when in regular super speed and 2.8 in fast movement. Since the side of the building was 84 feet, I multiplied 2.8 by 62.8571 and got around 175 mph. This nowhere near compares to ANY of the speedsters in the comics. This is barely faster than the full speed of a car, much less faster than the speed of sound, which Barry Allen was able to run faster than after only a couple weeks in the flash tv show, which doesn't even compare to how fast the comic flash is. If the devs want to make super speed accurate, they'll at least double the speed. It might be slightly harder to control but it would be way more accurate to the comics and way more fun to use.
    • Like x 5
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well they should consult those guy that make Infamous First Light.. that really feel like super speed.
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

And Supersonic flight isn't Supersonic. We aren't that fast in game for balancing reasons and gameplay feel. I wish we were faster though but its not something I see them ever changing.
    • Like x 4
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If Barry wasn't fast enough in the Actual TV Series, then how can you expect super-speed to be faster?
    • Like x 4
  5. Backblock Well-Known Player

lol? Still the best PvE movement mode for me.
    • Like x 1
  6. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

And the HL doesn't give you flight.

I'd like a small boost but as said above its just for gameplay reasons. Luckily the difference between SS and flight is pretty significant IMO. Though could be a tad faster.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And even when going at Super Fast Speed, mobs can still not only see you, but hit you resulting in you slowing down
    • Like x 7
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Someone needs a hobby :p I stopped reading at the i tried figuring out how fast a fictional character in a video game was moving lol. No offense, just sounds kind of funny to me. To each their own i guess.

Imo superspeed is the best movement mode. When it comes to reviving someone across the room i pretty much beat everyone there. Add in quantum tunneling to that and its very rare for me not to reach a downed player :cool:
    • Like x 4
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The thing is, all three movement modes need to be balanced.

I'd be very happy to see and would like to see, three speeds for each mode, the third speed being double or triple our current top speed.
  11. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Do you see what you are doing to this game devs? People are so bored, they are resorting to This.
    • Like x 5
  12. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

tell that to Matpat, Death Battle and thier audience.. =D
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well they could give us the super speed from anti monitor like we been asking for :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. Saami Loyal Player

What kind of cars op drives if 175mph/280kph is barely faster?
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

They could just have uped all the movement's speed.For me Flight is The number uno that needs to be faster.Superspeed is okish at best.
  16. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Acro and tumbling master ftw!!!! lol ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

players trying to rush through content with no regards to the rest of the group is annoying enough as it is.
    • Like x 5
  18. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i want to do backflips with acrobats
    • Like x 1
  19. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

You have to take into considering the rendering of graphics as you are moving - There needs to be a balance between the landscape and movement power. You don't want the world loading around you whilst travelling to fast.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Back in the day, on my terrible laptop, I used to fall through the world using fast movement for Super Speed or Flight. #goodtimes

@OP, they balanced the speed between the 3. They are supposed to be about the same travel speed. (Yes yes, I know that Acro is the fastest in gliding, then SS, then Flight, but that's not what I'm pointing out.) Thematically, you are getting your powers from a digitized power that is not as good as the original. We would never go as fast as the real flash, but more like how Quicksilver from Marvel runs. (Yes, sick burn, he's slow af.)