The Minotaur fight

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RAbram, May 22, 2017.

1. RAbram Level 30

I am writing this because I am tired of running through the trials of the underworld mission. With a bunch of people that have NO clue how to get through the Minotaur fight and how kick me when I try to help them.

So here is the strategy that works the best.
    Step 1. 3 of the four man team Get the Minotaur in the MIDDLE OF THE ROOM
    Step 2. ONE PERSON goes and stands by a chain until he charges and breaks the chain.
    Step 3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all four chains are broken.
    Step 4. Repeat step 1
    Step 5. ONE PERSON goes and stands just inside the archway in front of the wooden beams holding the door open when charges and breaks the wooden beans the fight is over.

Here is why this works the Minotaur WILL ALWAYS charge the person the FARTHEST AWAY.
    If the all 4 members of the group are too close together and close to the Minotaur he WONT CHARGE.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

With that strategy who's to say the person at the chain gets charged at? I've been in groups doing that and it took 7 charges before he broke the chains. Best way is for everyone to group at a chain in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Ummm....no

He does not always charge the person who is the furthest away & he will charge the group even if you are close to him. Sounds like you need to play it more and see how some of the other groups are doing it
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ive always run it the opposite.

I solo tank him in the middle, while the rest of the group stands at a chain.

It increases the chance he will run at 1 out of the 3 people farthest away.
    • Like x 4
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

If you have everyone right at the chain you risk glitching him. It's not a fatal glitch but it does waste a Minotaur charge. What happens is the Minotaur gives the tell he's going to charge, gets down to charge...and then just stands back up as if he charged. This is probably what the OP means by "not charging." It's better to have the Minotaur at least a little distance away so he actually gets a running start at the chain.

As for him charging the furthest one away, yeah, he usually does. The few exceptions I've seen to that usually involve a tank/sidekick/pet out. I despise it when Sorcery users pull the Grand Summoning for this fight, since they seem to forget one of the pets is a tank and are always surprised that the Minotaur goes off in a random directions.

The way I usually run it is everyone near a chain but not right on top of it. Since, I'm usually one of the DPS in a 2-1-1 run I try and keep him focused on me by doing damage (unless the healer is really terrible, roleless buff + mechanics renders tanks redundant here). If I'm in the zone I usually get some counters in so he's off his feet a bit. When he gives his tell I race to the chain and block. Repeat four times for the chains. For the final one I try and keep him occupied just inside where the final gate opened. The others should be behind me. When he gives his tell I block and roll out of the way when he charges. Generally no one needs to die if they do it right.
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

As I understand it, the target for the charge is not simply the person furthest away, but the person furthest away who has done damage within a set number of seconds of the charge. So I have to disagree with both the facts, and the wisdom, of the original post.

When I'm tanking it we pick a chain. The other players stand on top of it and I hold the Minotaur about two body lengths away. That way he's in good damage range and won't glitch out. Same with the last part. Tank him a body length outside the opening and the rest of the group stands just inside.
    • Like x 1
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

opposed to having 2, 3, or 4 tanks in a UT run? :p

only kidding btw
    • Like x 3
  8. RAbram Level 30

The point is he charges when he has room. It is easier to make him charge where you want him to. When he is in the MIDDLE of the room.

Also a 177cr healer in healer roll and full healer gear is standing in the middle of the room and the rest of the group with 180cr to 190cr is in the corner. He will charge the healer in the middle 95% of the time.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    I found this method to be the best. Since it makes it harder for him to try to get behind you because you are using the wall on one side. I like to go in counter clockwise or clockwise order. Depending on who is with me and wants to eff with me. (Leaguemates, amirite?)

The middle option "works" only if the minotaur doesn't act stupid and go towards someone who isn't the farthest away. You want to group, but don't be directly on the chain. If you do, and he skulls, he will stop moving until the cycle is over. It's not the end of the world as when you start moving again, there is a grace window of him still destroying the chains by walking through it. Just kite him around.
  10. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Ours is kinda similar but we usually split and go to 2 chains, so in your diagram we would have ppl at both chains on the right, and then we rotate from there based on which chain he decided to "pop"
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I dont think there is a wrong answer as long as it works. Keeping him in the middle is legitimate too, but I find it too risky.
  12. IamINC Dedicated Player

welcome to the casual player base that DBG want and cater for , with all the long term players and vets quittting get used to it.
    • Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

The minotaur does charge the farthest person away. Not sure why someone would say he doesnt. That is the mechanic of the fight. Its pretty clear and easy to spot.

Yea^ its getting quite....frustrating these days. End game players that cannot figure out a simple mechanic that has been used in multiple other boss fights throughout the game :confused: This UT fight is very basic and simple. I see people saying do it this way and that way. Obviously people can do it how they want. But its not very tough. All 4 players dps em about 15 meters in front of a chain and when he gets to half health to charge everyone backs up to the chain. Easy peezy.
    • Like x 2
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Four tanks is the best way imo.....lol jk.
    Worded it wrong, but ya know I meant I am solo in middle.
    As fire, 90% of the time I'll get the aggro as dps. So I usually just run with it. Im not big on everyone in the corner with him it gets crowded, hard to maneuver. ..and then he can glitch easily or run the wrong way.
  15. BrandonB Well-Known Player

My preferred method is to yell at everyone in the group until I rage quit.
    • Like x 2
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

In that situation, the Minotaur would've followed the person with the most aggro, which would've been someone in the group of 3. When he gets down to charge, the person farthest from the Minotaur would be the healer in the center. He's still hitting the person farthest from him.
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Works well if tank at middle or close/mid. But if all four at corner with bull, there's a small trick to avoid the bull getting confused. If 3 teammates by chain corner and on the ground, you go UP the chain. Ex Speedsters run up, acro climb up the chain, it'll help register to A.I. that you are the furtherest and provides enough gap (by height) that will have him charge to the chain.
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I know I was only teasing :p

I would however like to see a all support run once revamp happens, of any alert or raid that is considered T8.
  19. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

And this is why I wouldn't want you in my group. Minotaur charges farthest person in range of him. If all 4 people are too close, then he won't, and your stuck till someone gets a brain cell to figure it out.
  20. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Nope, op got it right. Minotaur goes to person with aggro, and when he gets to skull, he will charge farthest person in range. This means the people next to him won't be charged and the person farther away will be who is by the chain.

Oh and your remark to play it more, I quit playing that easy a** Alert because of people like you. It's sooo frkn simple mechanics. If all 4 ppl stay by Minotaur by chain, doesn't charge,hmmm what's wrong? all 4 by Minotaur and doesn't charge till someone runs out of group hmmm a mechanic of person farther away gets charged at? Reread op post and do that.