Stats Revamp 1.6: Power!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In today's update for the public test server, we have made two changes to address your feedback related to Power, Power-healing, and playstyles.

Now, you may be saying to yourselves, wait, this has nothing to do with Munitions or Fire. And you would be correct! This is moving into the territory of the refinement phase, but we wanted to show you these changes immediately to gauge your interest.

Controller Power Over Time

One of the earliest parts of the revamp was converting the controller's active Power over Time (PoT) into a Passive Power over Time (PPoT). Your feedback was split (some of you liked doing PoT and some of you liked being free to do other things), and PPoT introduced some complications. We like freedom and dislike complication, so we have simplified PoT in this way:
    • Power over Time is no longer triggered passively.
    • Power over Time is now triggered by activating any super power (when in Controller role), and lasts for 12 seconds.
    With this change, we keep that freedom to use the abilities the situation calls for and non-passive Power over Time has returned. Let us know what you think!

Playstyle Choice

Another concern you have routinely expressed is the balance between the three playstyles - Hybrid (Standard), Play from the Tray (PftT), and Weapons. The challenge here has been, most simply, that making either PftT or Weapons better also generally makes Hybrid better to some degree.

With today's test update, you can now spend a skill point in either Weapon Mastery or Power Mastery to specify your playstyle preference and take on the appropriate benefits and limitations.
    • Players may choose Power Mastery to disable power regeneration from weapon attacks and gain increased passive power regeneration, allowing you to more effectively play from the tray.
    • Players may choose Weapon Mastery to decrease passive power regeneration and gain increased weapon damage, allowing you to more effectively play with your weapon.
    PLEASE NOTE: This is a prototype of the concept. We are looking to gauge your feedback and interest in this concept before finalizing implementation. As such:
    • Hybrid players should choose neither Weapon Mastery or Power Mastery.
    • No players should choose both Weapon Mastery and Power Mastery. This is kind of silly, anyway, and won't be possible in the final implementation of the concept.
    Please let us know your thoughts!
    • Like x 14
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Additionally, this is a short-term test. We are looking to gauge your overall interest in these concepts quickly, not necessarily iron out every edge case issue with this non-final implementation.

Please try to test today or tomorrow. You will likely not be able to test these changes after Thursday. Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I shall hit test once I get home, but I think these are all positive possible changes and look forward to seeing how it works out.
    Still very excited about this entire process!
    :D
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

I haven't yet been onto Test to test the changes, but the playstyle choice system is a great step forward in my opinion. It should really help towards creating more balance between the different playstyles as you can control a change for just one part of the system without it necessarily affecting other parts either positively or negatively.
    • Like x 1
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What does "135 Basic Attack" mean under Weapon Mastery?
    • Like x 1
  6. Predicament Well-Known Player

I have questions about this choice of play styles, more specifically the power mastery.

How does it work? Statistically.

1.Are we getting a % of our power back over time, so investing skill points in maximum power pool is more helpful?
    2. Does Vitalization as a DPS, Healer, and Tank help with the Power Mastery Passive Power Over Time?
    3. Does Crit Power Heal% and Crit Mag % apply to Passive Power Over Time as a non-controller?

Weapon Mastery Build:
    1. So we regen no power at all(passively) but gain a massive damage boost, what is the actual percentage?
    2. Do the older weapon tiers for power regen still apply? As in Brawling reacing tier 2 power regen after 4 hits while Hand Blasters is after 9 hits it reaches tier 2. (If this is getting rebalanced, can we have the % of power back per tier per weapon?)
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    As far as I can tell, the new power-over-time system does not appear to work in groups. Here is my setup:
    Me in Controller role
    Player #2 in Damage role

I invite Player #2 to a group and Player #2 empties their power bar. I cast a power to activate power-over-time. I see the lightning bolt under my name and PoT ticks for myself in combat log. Player #2 does not see the lightning bolt and receives no power-over-time ticks from me.

If Player #2 switches to Controller role and uses a power, I do not see a lightning bolt under my lifebar or any PoT ticks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Hemmy Committed Player

One big question. Why introduce two new stats? Why not just apply these changes to might and precision respectively instead of making new things? Also what's happening to might and precision now?
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

not sure but, doesnt it still replenish more power if i tap between spam powers and clip the tap away?
    even if it is the same, i guess the tapp alone adds more dammage (even if full might) than i can do without it...
    just saying... however: might be a step in the right direction... cant say i am thrilled yet, needs more testing ^^
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No changes were made to prec/might or any other skill points.

I think the confusion here is this: you can only spend one point in either Power or Weapon Mastery, to specify your playstyle, and enable/disable those perks. Everything else skill point related is the same.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I do not understand what you mean.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Good catch! This is obviously intended to work on others. We are fixing.
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

basicly you gave all trolls the elite profiency that would do this for free.
    yes, thats the only way to get all 3 needed debuffs into one loadout...
    i think that the auto pot was better, but if you insist, i would't mind the change...
    well, its not like trolls wouldnt spamm the insta power dump anyways at all time ^^
  14. Sugr Bear Committed Player

So are affinity mods going to be changed? 8 pieces of elite gear to get PoT from any move in control role will be useless if all powers do that anyway.
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

probably means that a tap does 135 more dmg
  16. Predicament Well-Known Player

What he was referring to was tapping a weapon button, in this case we will use the rifle for example. In between every power from the tray that is used, he would tap the ranged weapon attack(grenade) to get a weapon hit in before he clips in with the next power he wanted to use from his tray. This was he would gain a small power regen from the weapon while also gaining supercharge from the weapon attack while playing from the tray. What he was saying is now we don't have to do that if we specialize in Power Mastery. He might still do it because its considered a DPS gain still but no longer has the benefit of power regen from weapon attacks.

My question on this is will there still be supercharge generated from weapons if we specialized in Power Mastery?
    • Like x 1
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

what i mean is: using a power, then do a ranged weapon tap > then clip it with> power, repeat:
    weapon tap >cw> power, weapon tap >cw> power, weapon tap >cw> power, weapon tap >cw> power...
    please don't say you devs where not knowing that ppl were doing this, right?
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

I really like the idea, but limiting any testing for 2-3 days? That's bad form...
    Especially when we are already finding bugs.

You guys should already know the answer, but in case you dont here it is.
    Currently out of 3 playstyles only hybrid produces optimal results. The other 2 well...Don't
    Let this be tested fully , we are already well into this so let's at least get it right.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Testing
    Just a quick test to see how long it takes to fully regenerate power using just the passive with two consecutive EMPs at CR 189 and 40355 Power:
    4 seconds to regen with Power Mastery
    6 seconds to regen with no Masteries
    10 seconds to regen with Weapon Mastery
    15-16 seconds to regen with Weapon Mastery and Robot Sidekick

Note that the timings start after the second EMP is used.
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

atm, i prefair NOT having these two new stats... sorry ^^
    good for channeled powers though, especially munitions!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.