Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Either the visual or sound effects for Flame Cascade seem to be broken for me:

The VFX is messy and the sound effects continue after the VFX.
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Channels, Interrupts, Cast Times and Knockdowns.
    While you have made a valiant effort to make Channeled Abilities viable; the amount of interrupts make them useless.
    Flame Cascade used to be able to juggle the NPC's nicely in order to keep Spammabily going.
    With NPC's now having better ability to fight back, and our toons having to constantly counter, the Channeled abilities make no sense.
    It is better to hit with anything that doesn't get interrupted; ever.
    Outside of decreasing cast times; removing interrupts, and allowing more knockdowns, burst damage wins easily.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Channels/Cast times are a bigger discussion than just Fire. We are looking at those separately to what's immediately on test.
    • Like x 4
  4. L T Devoted Player

TYPO: Fireburst is only a 300 cost power.

Initial Impressions:
    • Detonate: This is now a very useful power. I like that it's Fire's starting power also. Good for spamming from the tray or for clipping weapon combos with. Alternate it with Engulf if you need some crowd control.
    • Fireburst: Doing more damage than wildfire, but over a much longer time and vulnerable to interrupt. Not sure it's worth it. Also, since the cool down is much longer than its wind-up and animation, you can't cast it repeatedly, so it's harder to get into a flow where you're mobile and doing damage.
    • Flame Cascade: Flame Cascade is now useless. It does a bit more damage than Detonate, but channeled and vulnerable to interrupt, and it costs more power. Not seeing a reason why anyone would ever want to use this as is.
    I'll edit this post/post more as I test further. probably a bit of work to do there.

EDIT: DPS testing in front of a sparring target, Flame cascade does seem to be a loss compared with Detonate. Fireburst vs Wildfire is harder to see due to power limitations, but I suspect it is a similar situation.
    • Like x 3
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

I thought we're only going to have low (100) , medium (200) and high (300) powercosts...

Now we have 400 powercost too????
  6. Maxwill Committed Player

Yes I also like Blue Flame, if only they bring it back...
    Also bring back Chill Effects (at least the visuals) of ice please :)
    • Like x 1
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, they can't increase ability damage or healing without increasing the power cost assuming everything else is kept the same. I think Celestial has a few moves that should be over 300 considering they were originally 300 if I remember right and had their cost increased 1-2 times, and mininuke from munitions is 400-450. #Formula
  8. Moja Developer

The change to Fireburst to 400 cost didn't make it in this build - this build has 300 cost and the damage for that cost. 400 cost Fireburst is effectively the same as 200 cost on a normal ability because it takes 2 seconds to cast.
    • Like x 1
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

The way it is now seemed fine to me for ranged dps. Waiting on a few other dps to test it in their rotations, but hold off on that thought of making it 400 then.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just a reminder - this thread is for testing feedback about the Fire powerset.
  11. L T Devoted Player

So because we're passively regenerating power during the cast it's as though Fireburst costs less. I guess that makes sense.

Also on the topic, Fireburst is still currently mid-range. Should it get a range extension?
    • Like x 1
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's the purpose of Mass-Det after it gets buffed ^_^
  13. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Can you do something for the multi grap tank ? The spell has a slower animation than the other tank power and your are complety stuck i have tried to clip with fire shield but don't work :(
  14. Gwendolyn Active Player

I agree, I think the animation is a bit slow but I do like the look of it. I hope they can just speed it up.

I might be mistaken but I believe it was said that powers that deal damage on cast cannot be clippable. Immolation does damage when cast so that might be the reason why it is not clippable. It wasn't clippable before it became a shield too. I am not sure if the burning effect also adds to this but I am sure the initial cast hit does. I am not too bothered it isn't clippable though. Stoke Flames and Burning Determination already give us this.

EDIT: Nevermind, Immolation doesn't actually cause damage on cast. It should be clippable then.
    • Like x 1
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

Would be nice if the new shield is clippable. Any chance of this happening?
    • Like x 1
  16. Gwendolyn Active Player

Not sure if this is intentionally but could the Immolation Shield FX last longer? It last for like 2 seconds and then it is gone.

Also maybe you could instead use the original Blue Flame FX as a signal that the Burning Determination healing effect is active instead of re-using the shield FX that you gave Immolation? Maybe even change it the color to green instead of blue?

Just a bit of nitpicking here but I will say great job on the Immolation shield FX. Way better than that flaming head.
    • Like x 3
  17. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I forgot to say in tank the buff def when hitting burning monsters go down to fast. You can't keep up only with really fast combo weapon like 1h 3tap hold and never block, i hope is not intented and will be fix.
  18. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Updated impressions:

Detonate
    • massively improved
    • fills the multi-target AoE spammer void that was present in the initial build
    Immolation
    • the updated effect was exactly what I was hoping for
    Absorb Heat
    • a vast improvement over the initial build
    • that being said, still won't use it, just not my thing
    Flame Cascade
    • love the decision to move this to a spammer ability
    • loss of juggle effect is almost crippling
    • of the two versions, this is still an improvement
    Fireburst and Mass Detonation
    • with all the other options to use, these powers are relics of a bygone era
    Other thoughts
    • I don't miss the blue flame at all, thematically, it just never worked for the vision I had for my characters
    • Fire as a whole is progressing quite nicely
    • weapon choice factors heavily into how Fire performs in varying scenarios
    • I see myself going back to multiple weapon builds
      • Staff for melee friendly content
      • Hand Blasters or Shield for anything where survivability is more range dependant
  19. L T Devoted Player

Immolation, as it is now, should definitely be changed so you can clip with it. It's beneficial (a shield) and in order to do any damage, things have to attack you first (and then the damage is pretty low).
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts above this one in this thread have been reviewed by the team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.