Stats Revamp 1.6: Munitions

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

John Wick
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This is a minor thing, but I dislike the inconsistencies in the way Munitions powers deal with objects like Typhon Monster Invasion Zone portals. Here is a demonstration:

Shrapnel Grenade Launcher: Main hit does nothing, but the DoTs works
    Chain Grenade Launcher: Main hit and the DoT doesn't work.
    Railguns: Doesn't work
    Pump Action Shotgun: Doesn't work
    Chain Gun: Works
    Smoke Grenade Launcher: Doesn't work.
    • Like x 2
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Some powers are just like that i noticed, arctic gust won't destroy them but avalanche will. Def like to see them all work or not work.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

guess the same goes for the boxes in the vault dayly? it allways was so that some powers can, others can't destroy the boxes ^^
    might it be connected to that with the AM, some powers were made into block breaker and some were like lunge interuption?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Some feedback on individual powers.

Mini-Nuke
    1. Using Mini-Nuke in the real world can be frustrating sometimes. I found it easy to miss enemies that were lunging/rushing you. This was due to the time delay and limited damage radius on Mini-Nuke. The Nuke would hit where the enemy used to be when I started the attack, not at its current position. That was a good way to waste a lot of power.

Here is a contrived example:

I know, I'm backing up this example to get the demon to follow me. I just wanted to show an example of the power missing.

When I was trying to play content, I would open with some ranged attacks to setup PI and follow-up with Mini-Nuke. There were several times Mini-Nuke completely missed because the mobs would rush/lunge me.

2. The description for Mini-Nuke needs to be updated to remove the "and knocking them down" part. Only Controller role performs the knockdown now.

3. After taking a giant bomb to the head, you'd expect the NPCs to at least remain stunned for a second in Controller role.

Particle Gun
    As far as I can tell, this is the only power in Munitions which applies the "Grounding" status and it seems to be single-target in Controller role. Would it make sense to make the Grounding effect be AoE?
    • Like x 2
  6. Augusto Cesar New Player

Ok so far i have a good munitions build for pvp its decent its 1.Killer Instincts,2.Chain grenade launcher, 3. splosion , 4. survival , 5. smoke grenade launcher 6. hard light shield I went full might it seems to work stuns and clip splosion and smoke grenade launcher with survival
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think they adjusted power return for PvP yet. Or PvP in general.
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Nope lol PvP goes off PvE Cr so if he has t8 or oly mods, his power regen and pool are ridiculously high for someone who's basically sitting in t0-t1 gear. One reasing why PvP testing is pretty much useless right now. Everything is just cheese and spam because of pve changes.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I've been calculating base damage ranges for Munitions powers in Controller role and I keep seeing odd results for Smoke Grenade Launcher. I've been very careful to take the defense debuff into consideration when doing this testing. I would cast Smoke Grenade Launcher, wait 15 seconds, verify the debuff icon is gone, and cast the next Smoke Grenade Launcher. Through this careful testing, I recorded a range of 4721 to 5129 non-crit damage over about 50 casts.

Then I started doing testing without worrying about the debuff and casting the power as quickly as possible. That turned up the very same damage range. I thought that was an odd result compared to my Gadgets EMP. The way EMP generally works is that the debuff is applied after the first cast. That meant you always saw a "low" first EMP and follow-up "high" EMPs that took the debuff into account. I'm not seeing that with Smoke Grenade Launcher. The only thing I can think of is that Smoke Grenade Launcher is applying the debuff before calculating the damage. Is that what is happening here?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  11. spord Developer

Thanks for reporting this. It isn't a Munitions bug but is actually affecting most attacks including weapons. We think we have tracked it down and will get a fix in.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all. Here's the latest on Munitions:

Bugs
    • Mini-Nuke:
      • Players reported an error in the tooltip about knockdowns being for all roles, not just Control. The tooltip has been fixed.
    • Objects:
      • Players noted some inconsistency on how/when/why objects are ignored or not ignored by which abilities. We will review. For now, Shrapnerl Grenade's DoT will no longer hit objects, but Chain Gun still will.
    • Supercharge:
      • There was a bug reported that Munition's supercharge abilities were generating more supercharge than expected. This was for SC across the board, and has been fixed.
    General
    • Mini-Nuke:
      • There were a few comments about people missing rushing/lunging enemies with Mini-Nuke. Aiming your nukes is a big deal, so we might recommend opening with that attack instead of trying to hit a moving target. No changes planned here.
    • Particle Gun/Minigun
      • There were two comments related to Particle Gun. The first was related to grounding being single target. Grounding is a really powerful ability, and not something we would want to have on an AoE ability.
      • Second, there were comparisons between Particle Gun and Minigun to Rocket Launcher and Chain gun. We reviewed the numbers here and do not see the discrepancies described. Please retest, and make sure you are using the parser's seconds options (not after combat) to make sure the comparisons are correct.
    • Shotgun:
      • Some people liked the new, faster Shotgun inputs. Others didn't. We are looking for more feedback.
      • We did move Shotgun to level 1 in the tree/order of unlocking.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Here are today's Munitions patch notes:

Munitions
    • Mini-Nuke:
      • Tooltip updated so that it does not say it knocks enemies down without being in Control Role.
    • Pump Action Shotgun:
      • Is now unlocked at Level 1 and Laser Net Launcher is now unlocked at Level 5.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

half half. first input for combo needs to be to fast, exactly after activating the power, leaving no space for anything... also, i dont like how the spam without cooldown made the shotgun (a weapon that should by definition be a heavy hitter at close range with slow reload as a backlash and of course the pump function as a cool trademark) an infinite-ammo-godmode-console-command-OP-knows-no-limits kinda thing... at least the reload animation at the end of every combo would help...
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

game crashed after change loadout and using small package
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

how about giving munitions a granade toss power to set up burning PI-
    and another granate to spamm with low cost and cooldown that benefits from burning?
    how about making consumables throwable like granates? and WHY REMOVE THE CLIPP... i know why, i understand, i just dont like...
  18. Backblock Well-Known Player

Shotgun is fine now, why bother it again?
    Munitions is already a beaten dog at this point.
    Keep the fast shotgun inputs..
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

let me explain with a video, for everyone hwo thinks shotgun is fine the way it is on test:

(no this is not me, but look at this guys beard o_O he knows what he is talking about)
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

also this at 3''10':
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.