Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  2. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

I haven't had a chance to actually test the changes more than half an hour in the whole week due to work/life, but I have been looking for this update for a while now and intend to do much testing during weekend, so please stay open for further suggestions. But in the mean time here are some thoughts on the first impression -

1. I like overall changes to tank side. Yes, the powerset is losing it's uniqueness, but that's something every powerset is dealing with. That being said there needs to be at least some options for cc as that's just something almost every fire tank likes about the fire as opposed to the divided opinions on turtle tanking. Both long range pull and shields are things people have been asking for years so nice to see them implemented at last.

2. Meteor strike as SC generator seems a bad choice as it's a very impractical ability for tanks. SC generator should be something that both roles can properly utilize, at least to some extent.

3. One thing most experienced fire players were looking forward to was an overhaul of Fireburst and Mass detonation. The way they work now simply are ineffective and I think if they are kept like the way they are at some point they'd need to be revisited again, as it's something that just doesn't go with the fast paced combat style of the game. The mobility part is good but overall they just promote lazy mindless spamming and right now serves very little purpose, and makes abilities like spontaneous combustion pointless.

4. There are at least three animations that I know off that are identical and it's one of the clunkiest animation at that (the one used for Mass detonation, and also the new pull if I remember correctly). This animation just doesn't work, and needs to be replaced at least for couple of the abilities.

5. Volcanic Calamity as an SC feels awkward as it goes against the whole idea of mobility. This should be replaced or reworked as something more in the lines of fireball barrage.

The answer to your other question is Detonate. It has the most polished animation out of all the options you gave to be a "spammer"
    • Like x 2
  3. Life Caster New Player

I agree with this fireburst needs to hit really hard with higher power cost an make flame Cascade as spamable power with or without pi' s but this needs to happen. Also fire tanks should more look into keeping the setup it has now to buff its health with the 2.2 health per dominance I think that's a viable way of keeping tanky instead of squishy with The new stat revamp stats matter update. The nerf of 65% health an 65% healing in to 55% health and 55% healing in is not necessary cause fire tanking actually finally feel like a tank instead of being a TURTLENECK SHQUISHY all the time.
    • Like x 1
  4. Life Caster New Player

I agree with this fireburst needs to hit really hard with higher power cost an make flame Cascade as spamable power with or without pi' s but this needs to happen. Also fire tanks should more look into keeping the setup it has now to buff its health with the 2.2 health per dominance I think that's a viable way of keeping tanky instead of squishy with The new stat revamp stats matter update. The nerf of 65% health an 65% healing in to 55% health and 55% healing in is not necessary cause fire tanking actually finally feel like a tank instead of being a TURTLENECK SHQUISHY all the time.
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

THE LONGER Channeled powers SHOULD have HIGH power COST, additional PI dmg or CC, longer cooldown but make them HIT HARD!!! Like a MINI supercharge! That would sound GREAT.. something along the lines of 500-700 power cost BUT EXTREME DAMAGE! now THATS WORTH the RISK!!! EACH POWER in the game SHOULD HAVE at LEAST 1-2 of these TYPES of OP CHANNELED movesets to choose from..

1 dedicated SPAMMABLE CHANNELED; per sec DMG...200-300 MEDIUM-HIGH COST
    1-2 CHANNELED EXTREME COST(450-700cost); HIGHEST DMG; LONG COOLDOWN(maybe 8-10second cooldown)

FIRE Channeled powers should also have VOLATILITY come back to benefit from the EXTRA DMG from burning ENEMIES..
    VOLATILITY:Activates Volatility when used against Burning enemies increasing the damage they take.

ICE CHANNELED powers should grant chill EFFECTS 1-4 to GRANT ICE ARMOR.. This is a GREAT BENEFIT to have CHANNELED powers in loadouts,

RAGE CHANNELED powers ONLY should grant SAVAGE STATE benefits
    • Like x 4
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

If your trying to get a spam power that is viable with Hybrid and PftT then you really need to be looking for two because hybrid and PftT require different animations.

Flame Cascade gives you mobility which in turn gives you better survivability.
    Flame cascade is not easily clipped because of the type of power it is. Which also makes it a more viable solution for PftT players.

The hybrid players are going to want a power with more clunky animations that they can stand still and try to clip the animation with a weapon. ie........ detonate & Fireball

Detonate ( stop & clap hands)& fireball ( stop & throw baseball ) need to be removed from any consideration for the so called spammer if the spammer is to being considered for PftT players only. Neither is mobile and both are clunky to say the least.

Just in case you have not noticed,
    clunky & clipable animations are what Hybrid players want and are pushing for.
    PftT players want smooth animations that transition into each other with mobility.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

not Flame Cascade since its a channeled ability ... i would go with Detonate cause it has the shortest animation.
  8. Gwendolyn Active Player

Is it possible to increase the animation of Engulf? I feel like the current animation used is a bit slow.
  9. JangaMan Active Player

Who says its killed. Active tanking gives 25% def bonus. Fighting burning enemies gives 55% def bonus. Blocking gives a 70% def bonus. You do the math and tell me which is more effective
  10. JangaMan Active Player

Stoke flames is both a tanking and a dps power. Burning det isnt. Stoke flames does massive damage in dps role when the target is burning. Burning det is a pure tank power. Stoke flame is a hybrid power
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These changes are now on the test server:

Fire
    • Absorb Heat:
      • Is now mobile cast, with throughput slightly reduced as a result.
      • Heal is now firing as expected.
    • Burning Determination:
      • Heal-when-struck procs are no longer healing more than intended.
    • Burnout:
      • Should now appear in the Fire Powers tree (Level 26).
    • Enflame:
      • Now correctly increments the hit counter on the initial hit.
    • Engulf:
      • Now hits targets in an area around primary target, rather than in a cone.
      • Removed hit delay.
    • Inferno:
      • Initial hit no longer affects targets outside the max range.
    • Meteor:
      • Now only generates Supercharge on dealing damage.
    • Snuff Out:
      • Now properly triggers procs (such as combo counter).
    • Spontaneous Combustion:
      • Now properly damages the primary target when triggered.
    • Wildfire:
      • Throughput now accounts for correct Dovetail time.
    • Tank Role
      • Passive – Health buff is now a direct percent health modifier, and should no longer recursively stack with itself.
      • Healing bonus no longer being removed by Fire Soul Defense bonuses.
      • Reduced Health and Healing bonuses to 55% down from 65% to bring Fire in line with other Tank passive bonuses.
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

14. Pyrometers Active Player

Engulf IMO have a long recovery time .
    Although the healing bonus and health bonus was reduced it's not bad but I can tell the difference.
    I tanked the open world boss Dr.Light with the vendor gear from Mogo and I stayed alive a decent time without a healer.
    Also spontaneous combustion do extra damage on the primary target but only once .
  15. L T Devoted Player

Fire
    • Absorb Heat:
      • Is now mobile cast, with throughput slightly reduced as a result.
      • Heal is now firing as expected.

absorb heat is much better! Mobile is good. It's not a steady stream of healing like it is on live. There's a small burst heal when you use it, and a second even smaller burst if your target is on fire. The bursts seem pretty small, even in tank stance.

Also, although it's now mobile, when you hit a target it seems you slow down pretty dramatically. I think this is a bug, because there's no similar slowdown with either fireburst or flame cascade.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Fire
    • Engulf:
      • Now hits targets in an area around primary target, rather than in a cone.
      • Removed hit delay.

This is a pretty big improvement. It's a much more reliable pull, and things seem to go smoother and faster now.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

Fire
    • Burning Determination:
      • Heal-when-struck procs are no longer healing more than intended.
    Toned down so it no longer competes with eternal flame, it's still a pretty strong self-heal... but that's all it is. Could you make it inflict or spread burning? Make it a self- or group cleanse?
  18. L T Devoted Player

Fire
    • Tank Role
      • Passive – Health buff is now a direct percent health modifier, and should no longer recursively stack with itself.
      • Healing bonus no longer being removed by Fire Soul Defense bonuses.
      • Reduced Health and Healing bonuses to 55% down from 65% to bring Fire in line with other Tank passive bonuses.
    It's less buggy now. I can't get my health to stack by swapping weapons or other gear anymore. The healing bonus seems more consistent also. The reduced health and healing is definitely noticeable though. I'll have to play some content as other tank powers later this weekend to compare again.

Fire Soul doesn't seem to be lasting as long as it should. I had a very hard time checking it-- as soon as I got my stats up I'd immediately see the buff draining away. Once you get enough hits to max it out, does each hit after that refresh it? Is that how it's supposed to work?
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Burning Determination is not a break out, is not a shield and doesnt inflict burning, why not let it be a good strong heal?
    And why nerf both Health and Healing-in, wasnt enough with just one? We were already getting less heals, but now were also gonna have less health that what we have on Live.
    Was this really necessary?
    • Like x 1
  20. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Can u please make a justification with values/numbers regarding this decision to REDUCE Health and Healing bonuses in relation to being in line with other Tank passive bonuses?

Thanks and hoping for an in depth answer on this so we can better understand on what direction on this Stats Revamp Fire Tanking is heading.

PS. Please don't make the same mistake on Fire Tanking like what was done with Atomic Tanking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.