Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supalova20 Well-Known Player

dam good idea for FIREBALL to be AOE....DETONATE would make a another great AOE spammer
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

why would u get rid of something which looks cool in the game ? visuals have a huge inpact in this game, look at time capsules... unless they took it out to bring it later on with a new TC wave.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I actually like the current look on test. Fire is red. Well, unless you mix it with propane or manganese or something else, lol. I think it looks great right now, very fire-y.
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

looks way better if the flame core is blue and the flame around is orange-red

[IMG]
  5. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

I'd personally like to see fireball switched to AoE as a spam move and have Absorb Heat as the single target taunt. Detonate as a single target that leverages burning might come in handy for single target boss fights/SM. Just my thoughts :)
    • Like x 1
  6. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, well, when I say red, I'm referring to yellow orangish.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a good example. The blue part of the flame is only because of the oils that the matchstick is coated in. Normally it would be yellow orangish. Either way, lol, we must be so bored to be sitting around here like a bunch of old guys talking about the color of fire and drinking a beer, lol.
  9. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

If you reread the update notes, near the bottom, they actually said this explicitly. That they would consider changing Fireball to AoE, I just assumed Absorb Heat would be the most likely alternative(single target taunt)
  10. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

@The Reignition, here you go bud :)

I'm also biased, as I enjoy Fireball's animation and would rather see that more often than the Detonate clap XD
  11. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Ah, didn't catch your last reasoning there initially. Particle beam for atomic's Single taunt as well as Cold Snap for Ice share similar animations as Absorb heat with the exception that they are instant cast and un-interruptible, which is what I propose they would do if it were changed. Thanks!
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about this animation for Fire's shield (Time: 1:14)

Also, I haven't seen anyone mention if Mass Detonation's consistency has been addressed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I like your suggestion about Flame Cascade, but I would hate to see Fireburst at a 300 Power Cost and a long cooldown.
    I'd like to see Fire burst with a shorter animation and shorter cooldown for a Melee Spammer. perhaps also with a 200 Power cost. This would keep the Mobile flow viable.
    And then find a different 300 Power cost power for High damage..
  14. Gwendolyn Active Player

Very excited about these changes to Fire's tanking mechanics. I am definitely on the side of Fire becoming a more active tank. I have been using Fire since release and have never thought that turtle tanking was a good concept.

Farming immunities is not a unique mechanic to Fire. Every tank was capable of doing that and benefited from it, heck every power can do it actually. To rely on that mechanic to survive was silly and I think there is a lot of nostalgia going on here. The whole blue immunity didn't even come in to the game until a lot later after release. Before that you hold the block button as Fire and hoped you didn't get one shot. Fire has all these cool powers and yet people think it is fun to sit in place and block while occasionally popping powers, block breaking, and interrupting? Have any of you ever tanked the gates on ToTD Elite with Fire? The more adds you had, the less time you had to get out of block to even block break. Fire had way too many quirks where if you made one mistake you were dead if you where surrounded by too many adds.

Also I wouldn't even necessarily say that Fire took "skill". Once you understand the very simple game of rock paper scissors you were good to go, it doesn't take some elite to get the under workings of Fire tanking. It was do or die on most end game content and just because the few of us have occasionally got a pat on the shoulder for "being a great fire tank!" doesn't mean that the power had no faults and that it was the "blocking" tank type which isn't even a thing.

If people still want to stand still and hold R1 to pretend they are doing some "amazing" tanking then go right ahead. Pour your mods and stats into whatever best suits that play style but I would prefer if they kept these new additions to Fire Tanking. Now the only thing I question is changing Immolation to a shield but I will have to test that out further but at least it isn't just a weaker version of Enflame which is what I have been saying constantly.
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

yes plz give fire that animation for shield , btw its at 1:20
  16. Gwendolyn Active Player

I think anything would look better than the flaming head thing. At the very least I would like them to keep the hands burning and not have them dissipate. I think Heatwave has like a flame bubble as a shield, they could use that.
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Im not sure if removing the burst heal from Stoke Flame was a good idea. Having a good burst heal at the beginings was something really good for moments when your health suddenly goes down or when the healer is down.
    Doing this now, only leaves you with just two weak burst heals (from Backdraft and Burnout) or three, if Burning Determination still has the initial burst heal (although if it still does have it, cooldown is long).
    Could it be possible to add a burst heal to Engulf? I know it wouldnt be a big one since it is a spammable power, but still...
    • Like x 1
  18. Moja Developer

Hey everyone.

We'd like to get feedback about which power(s) you'd like to see become long range, AoE spammers. This type of spammer has the following attributes:
    • Long Range AoE (8 targets)
    • Low cost (per second)
    • Low (no) cooldown
    • Benefits from PI
    • Does not apply any CC
    Options that make sense to move into this category are:
    • Fireball - would need a replacement for the Tank Taunt
    • Detonate
    • Flame Cascade
    Some of you have also suggested making Fire Burst a heavy hitter instead of a spammer. This would entail raising the cost and cooldown. We could also return the knockdown to it, but that would come at the cost of damage.
    Please let us know your thoughts. Thanks!
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They need to bring backs some of the original fire animations. Enflame used to be a spiral of fire around your body and Inferno was so epic it cause peoples games to crash.
    • Like x 1
  20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.