Springtime Seasonal Event and Member Gift!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 1, 2017.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

I agree, many people were upset when it came out yesterday as myself. It was always just suppose to be something fun and the seasonals events is what got me to actually start decorating my base because I think some of the base items are really cute and fun. When you have to grind so much it is no longer fun. :(

Not Only did they find a way to make money by attaching feats to TC, they raised the prices of seasonal items so people will either use replay badges or buy currency from the marketplace.

I truly can not understand these prices. *sigh*
    • Like x 3
  2. The Crysalid Active Player

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I'm not at all a completionist, but I do like new styles and base items... which have always been the only reason I love the events so much, and why after I stopped subbing regularly, I'd at least sub up for most seasonals. The fact is, when you want to create a base with a theme that works, you can't just grab one or two of most of the items. If you're doing a winter themed base, you need tons of each kind of snow element in there whether it's drifts, banks, or icicles. Same thing with this event. The more you have of the variety of things offered, the better job you can do at making our stale cookie-cutter base layouts look good. I'd just like to be able to grab all the new styles on one toon and add some new base items to improve on what I've started in my forest themed base. People shouldn't have to quit their jobs or stop running regular content to be able to grind enough seeds to get content that has always been about celebrating holidays or seasons and having fun while doing it. It's not supposed to be work. The spirit in which events were introduced is being taken away from them with high pricing.

Do you honestly think it's acceptable to take a 2 year old skin and jack the price up ten times higher than it initially was? I sure don't, especially given that the devs haven't listened to our requests for new skins and styles in the MP, despite the multiple threads asking us what we want with regards to styles and base items. It's all a bit insulting to the player base at this point.
    • Like x 2
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This is why I have given up the "Chase".
    Persistence is Futile.
    But it is nice not to really care if I have all the feats, styles, gear, collections.
    It makes the game a lot easier and much less expensive.
    I just have fun, and no longer throw a lot of dough into the game.
    • Like x 3
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

No , I don't think its an acceptable method to jack up the price that much for something 2 years old.

The completionist comment was generalised and not aimed at you mate. I have to say that 6 pods per base item is not a big deal , I use 3 toons to run it daily and that's 30 pods per day of which 20 go to base items that I mail to my nature main for my themed base and i'll continue to run that way until the end of the seasonal which I hope will enable me to finish my base at last :p , I work 2 jobs and find enough time to get what I need which is all I care about but I do dislike having the event and seasonal run concurrently , this is an issue for those people still grinding regular content for sure ( I myself stopped running AF3 on troll and heal to focus on the event and seasonal)

Also thank you for having an intelligent and respectful conversation , it isn't always so around here!
    • Like x 1
  5. The Crysalid Active Player

I've also given up the chase where feats or complete styles and collections are concerned, but as an artist, a part of what's still fun for me in this game is creating a great looking character with a cool base. This is why I only sub up for seasonals now... for the fun factor. My oldest remaining toon is from around 2012 and he's still only CR 141 with about as many SP, because I got bored of his power. My highest toon now is CR185 with only around 125 SP, because it's too easy to level up fast and I don't care about feats anymore. I'm all about the fun factor, but this game is losing it more and more, especially now that they're changing what seasonals are all about.
    • Like x 1
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I play "The Game" quite differently as well. I collect certain things that don't involve feats.
    I don't want to say what it is; for fear of it becoming monetized. LOL
    • Like x 2
  7. The Crysalid Active Player

We fully agree then, on everything it seems. 6 pods per base item is fair, but my concern is the sheer amount added this year, plus the old ones. At least I'm ahead of the game in the sense that I've been playing for many years, grinding seasonal... but man, new players are screwed if they want to make a themed base using seasonal items. Honestly, if I was a new player seeing these prices, I wouldn't even bother with decorating my base at all. I also agree on the event and seasonal running concurrently. That just seems like a huge brain fart to me.

As for intelligent and respectful conversation... erm... I'm not always 'on' myself. Hehe :D
  8. The Crysalid Active Player

It's those white trash drops called Vial of Tears, isn't it? :)
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

No. Everything I collect, serves a purpose.
    • Like x 1
  10. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

You and I should talk more... after you get the snickers I sent that is.

I can see that I am not the only one that is getting tired of the grind for nothing movement in the events. Hopefully DBG will realize they are going to grind us out of the game and they will have effectively be left with the dust and ashes of something that was once a great thing for everyone.
    • Like x 2
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

Deal.
  12. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Does the WIll of the Wisp aura drop some where? I am just wondering how the non members are supposed to get it.
  13. MrPooka New Player

Yes. Both the trinket and the base item drops when you pay 100 seed pods for each from the vendor next to swamp thing.
  14. MrPooka New Player

I echo a lot of what has been said here and agree with it. I have paid hundreds of euros into this game with little regret except for this last year when they started changing the very things we are discussing here.I hate grinding almost as much as I have PVP. It find myself grinding more the events and episodes fighting to get coins, spores and pods so that I am losing the joy of playing this game. Sound familiar guys?

As for me, I am an avid fan of this game and the whole idea of this MMO. I don't like what this game is turning into though and the combat revamp scares me somewhat but I understand the need for it. The constant grinding is what is wearing out almost everyone in the game I know. :eek:

I am a more casual player and I belong to the rare super-hero-loving gaming nerds that are over 50 years old. I have played this game since it came out. This game fulfills a little boy wish of mine to be a super hero (yes I am wierd ::grin::). I had a long discussion with another gamer yesterday about everything that we have been reading here. The people who make this game want to make money. It is a business guys and they are happy to get as much as we can give them. They are satisfied if we spend our money on little animated pixels that do our bidding. :)

Will they change? Will they make us members really feel like we are getting our money's worth? I doubt it because they would have done something by now. I am sorry Mepps and others, getting an aura with the springtime event is like getting a grain of sand when we want a nice cake - so the cake is a lie??? ;)

On a related side note, I will believe they will really listen to us when half life, episode 3 comes out. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  15. SheerFaith Committed Player

Too bad we cant pick this aura on every Toon :/
  16. Drax Dragon New Player

Now are they ever gonna fix the clipping issue with the Leafmail pants? If I don't wear boots that cover the ends, there is a gap in my legs!
  17. Cattitude New Player

you've been here a while...could you help me? I'm trying to retrieve the will o wisp aura and cannot find it. Sorry, I'm back to being a newbie...I haven't played in a couple of years. Still moping that COH and COV is gone...going on 5 years now :-/
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Go to marketplace, Redeem/claim
  19. Here2Help Devoted Player

Go to the Marketplace. At the top is a Claim button. Click on that and to the right you'll see things you are able to claim. The aura should be there if you haven't already claimed it. It's exclusive to Members so if it's not there and you're not a Member, that's why. It's also only available for one toon, so make your decision carefully :)
  20. mightyearthsage New Player

Where is the Warrior of Spring head style? I see all the other pieces in the set on the vendor except for that.