Really? 50 marks for a seasonal style?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, May 1, 2017.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Really? people that are still trying to get feats from previous year will have a hard time.
    And probably if you want all the base items, styles and the totem/pet you either have to buy marks,replay or grind with alts.

I get it you want to sell marks, so you not only sell them for 50 seed pods, but also have gear attached to you can sell them better, this is really getting out of hand.

I said it and I called it the first time you released the marks to the marketplace. It would eventually start to become like this.

These two are head and hands, then we have the rings and weapons from christmas then we will probably have in the summer event some other parts of the gear so all year around you can get your gear with marks! So that you don't have to grind for gear, yay! (Sarcasm)
    • Like x 9
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

this year we got face and hands, just loged in for a min to get the feat.
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Sadly though the new style is linked to a scale-able gear box and they aren't just styles like they used to be. Not my favorite way of getting new styles.
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Maybe next year we'll have a full set that cost 50 marks a piece. Why not right? It's not like people are getting sick of the money grabs or anything. It's not like the villain side is dying a slow painful death as more people quit making it harder to recruit and keep leagues up.

No none of that is happening, let's just introduce more money grabs! The community will love it!
    • Like x 19
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Have any pics of the styles? I know some styles have been looking pretty amazing, so them being priced *accordingly* only seems fair but if they have bad layering, overlapping, and just poor design maybe the prices could be reevaluated.
    • Like x 1
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

I really hate how they're pushing the ability to get gear with real money. It's an awful system for MMOs. What was wrong with just getting a style and feat?
    • Like x 6
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Hey people who spend hundreds on capsules and replay badges, We need more money out of your wallets :p
  8. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Too unnecessary tbh, we have Starro event running, we didn't need this gear box scaling mess. And I've said this so many times but so tired of getting only 2-3 style pieces for seasonal events. The Forest Spirit deserves a full set.
    • Like x 6
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This is getting out of hand, They release the gear boxes while the Starro Event is still available if that's not right then I don't know what is.

The Starro Event should've been used for obtaining gear; while the spring seasonal should be used for the styles and feats.

Seasonals are meant to take a break from the main end-game get some feats and enjoy some unique cosmetics, but the from the look of things Seasonals have become the end-game content once you are done with the real end-game content...

I know it sounds confusing but my point still stands, I'm gonna show my disapproval buy not investing into that box.
    • Like x 3
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Not a fan of this at all.
    • Like x 7
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm not a fan of how these styles are released either, but I know me and am going to collect the new styles because I think they are awesome. I think one of the reasons why they are so expensive is because they are so detailed and since they are expensive they thought that putting them in gear boxes would be better than just giving us a style for 50 marks. Either way, not happy about it, but gonna get the styles anyway.

Oh and I'm going to farm the crud out of this for base items. Kokiri Navi needs needs them wall base items.
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I Hate that the new mask and hands are mostly color locked :( except for the glowy part ...
    • Like x 1
  13. Ully Committed Player

The recent trend of adding obsolete gear in the vendor does not benefit players that are already at max Cr. I don't want to detract too much from Sky's original post but, this idea of constantly adding inferior gear at ridiculous prices is beyond silly to say the least.

Devs, please reconsider and develop a 2-tiered system for collecting styles. As you can appreciate, not all players are at the same CR and when you provide just a gear set without the ability for us to choose the style or gear, it becomes an unnecessary expense. Please address this redundancy and price standalone styles reasonably.
    • Like x 4
  14. Miggly Committed Player

Isn't there also a few collection pieces on the vendor that you would also have to get?
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I agree that I would like to buy just the style piece and not a gear box (would help with being able to preview the styles). What would you consider a reasonable price for a standalone style?

I think we have to remember that styles are sometimes the hardest/most expensive thing to make in game because not only do they have to design and create them, they also have to (often) get permissions to use the style, and check that it works (at least a little) with 18 different body styles.

Would you be happy with paying...40 marks per style? 35?
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Events have inflation due to people:
    • running events on alts, for tradable items and feats
    • purchasing seasonal currency from the MP
    • placing old RNG items (eg: boos) into the vendor
    • getting gear from the event, not just styles

There is also the notion of being able to get everything in one event, or the notion of being able to get everything and catch up, each of which may be in conflict with the way the developers see the rewards.
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yes this money grubbing mentality will keep me viable amongst my peers, should I decide I want to commit all over again. I can say I love it. Aside from it being obvious that people returning either should pay or shut up.
  18. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Grind grind grind... I am getting burnt out. This is not fun anymore, this is work. Work that I am not being paid for, work that is actually costing me more of my time and money.
    • Like x 5
  19. Ully Committed Player

Hi Dawn, thanks for the reply. Regarding the prices for inferior vendor (seasonal/event) gear, you and I can throw arbitrary numbers around but frankly, it won't mean a thing until we address the underlying logic here.

Using the Starro and Anti-Monitor gear as examples, would you say those set pieces were reasonably priced for players that were already at max cr ? As you've already guessed, my view is that they were not reasonable for that sub-group of players; hence my suggestion for selling the styles as standalone sets. Its my opinion that inferior gear not be priced at premium rates, I mean, let's be honest, it makes zero sense.