Stats Revamp 1.6: Munitions

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Rocket Launcher applies the Healing Debuff. It just isn't listed in the description.
    • Like x 1
  2. The3meraldKnight Active Player

Ah, that's right. Not damage debuff like I thought I remembered it. (I see now that it even does Heal debuff on Live server.) Stupid brain don't won't right without mornin' coffee.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The description for 50 Cal says it is vulnerable to interrupt. That isn't the case though as demonstrated here:
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'm having a difficult time finding a comfortable loadout for a Munitions-Hybrid melee build for Damage role. Here are some of the issues I keep running into:

Lack of Range on Melee Powers
    'Splosion, Rocket Jump, and Rocket Jump Retreat all seem to have a ~5 meter damage radius. Theoretically, that might seem sufficient for a melee build. In real-world combat though, that range just doesn't cut it. Individual NPCs in mob groups attack you from different ranges and you end up wasting power because your attack didn't hit the enemy NPCs. The 3 to 3.5 second cooldowns on these powers don't really mix well with most melee weapon combos either.

Pump Action Shotgun
    The cooldown on this power needs to be decreased by a fraction of a second. If you try to use it with all 3x melee taps, there is dead space after the third tap before you can use it again. For a low-cost spamming power, I find it awkward to use.

Medium-Cost Ranged Powers
    The powers I'm including in this group - Chain Gun, Five-Barrel Minigun, Rocket Launcher, and Particle Gun - all have 3.5 second cooldowns, 200 base power cost, and are vulnerable to interrupt. These powers just don't mix very well with melee-style solo/duo gameplay. In solo gameplay, it is fairly common for a NPC mob group to surround you. If you try to use one of these channeled powers, there is a good chance you'll be interrupted by one of them. The lack of any crowd-control on Five-Barrel Minigun and Rocket Launcher doesn't help the situation. As with the melee powers, 3.5 second cooldowns don't synch up very well with most melee weapon combos.

Lack of Supplemental Damage
    Munitions has a distinct lack of what I would call "supplemental damage". Example of things that would fall under this category would include temporary pets (Swarm, Ice Devil, Suppressor Turret) and Field DoTs (Cryo-Field, Psychic Prison). The closest you can come within the powerset is setting up a power's Burning DoT. If you're looking for more of a weapon-leaning build, you'll have to spec into Iconic powers if you want supplemental damage.

I'll keep experimenting and see what I can come up with. Multi-Net Launcher was mildly useful for meleeing in Typhon's Invasion Zone.
    • Like x 4
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Munitions Stats Revamp First impressions:

The Good:
    • PFTT plays incredibly similar to how it is on live, The only difference is you'll need to ensure that the Burning PI stays up.
    • Mini nuke does great damage but it's slow. It's almost like Time bomb in that aspect.
    • Rocket launcher and Chain gun deal good damage.
    • Survival works well as a shield, I'm happy about the change so we aren't a full glass cannon.
    The Bad:
    • 50 cal feels weak compared to Railguns. I understand that Railguns has a longer time to finish executing all the DPS, but you still get some dps if you are interrupted. 50 Cal on the other hand once you are interrupted you get no damage.
    • Particle Gun and 5 barrel minigun need a DPS boost; they take longer to channel, have a smaller cone, and 5 barrel has no CC. These two abilties feel weak compared to Rocket launcher and Chain Gun.
    • The 3.5 Second Cooldowns can mess you up if you get interrupted. With Munitions on Live once you are interrupted you can get right back into the scheme of things. With Munitions on test; you have to wait a little bit before you can use another abilitiy; not good for the PFTT side of things.
    • Power-Costs are kind of a problem, When I fought Artemis and Felix Faust using Munitions I kept extensively running out of power. I suspect this has something to do with most of the channeling type powers being set at around 200 power cost.
    • I feel like the overall damage from Munitions needs some beefing up. When I fought Artemis and Faust their HP was dropping at a relatively slow rate. I've even used Railguns, Splosion, and 50-cal to help out but they feel pretty weak for the 300 power cost.
    • You get interrupted way too much in Solo Content, it's quite annoying and quit taxing on power consumption. At this rate; I really don't want to be munitions if I keep getting interrupted like this.
    Verdict recap and conclusion:
    • Good Pacing, Plays very similar to live.
    • Good upgrades to the Healing supercharge and Survival.
    • Bad Cooldowns.
    • Interruptions are too frequent for my liking.
    • Damage for powers could benefit from being beefed up, since you get interrupted very often.
    • Like x 2
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Little suggestion for people that complain about interrupts: use Empowered channeling tactical mod.

Pump Action Shotgun
    The cooldown on this power needs to be decreased or increased amount of taps combo from x3 to x5.
    50 Cal
    Adjust damage & make this ability 35% finisher.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Bug report:
    • 'Splosion's description states that it'll do additional damage to Burning or Gravition charged enemies. Since the Gravition Charged PI no longer exists for Munitions, this shouldn't be the case.
    [IMG]
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I was trying out a Play-from-the-Tray build with a power-heavy spec. For my powers, I used Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, Chain Gun, Survival/Rocket Launcher, Particle Gun, Railguns, and 'Splosion. Power wasn't a problem on mob groups with this build, but it was easy to run out of power in extended boss fights. Power also became an issue whenever I was interrupted by a boss. 'Splosion was a major drain on power if the boss ran out of my damage range. That happened more often than I would have liked.

Question
    Do Munitions channeled powers perform block-breaks on blocking NPCs? I remember being able to block-break on Live Munitions once you got the AM boost. Channeled attacks don't seem to perform block-breaks for Revamped Munitions.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jacks New Player

You think removing something is better, I've tested munitions against my live character at the same time, and guess what my live character did better. Easier to use smoother and more usable, I think you need to sit down and be quiet because as far as I am concerned this power is now wasted, plus with the no power return I tested my live toon on 8000 power against 31000 power, and I couldn't use it, the test toon had stats through the roof on everything against my puny toon, and the puny toon was better. So if no one else thinks the same then this game is screwed.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Rocket Jump and Rocket Jump Retreat both provide damage absorption. With that being the case, should they receive the [Shield] tag on their descriptions and be compatible with Regenerative Shielding?
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I believe all the post revamp powers don't do block breakers anymore. For the record; I tried this out with V-bolt, EMP, Arctic gust, and plenty of munition type powers on test; and they didn't block break any NPC's for me.
  12. Cratz New Player

• I didnt try it out but without the AM damage bonus we already got a big cut on damage output and having to use EC mod over Max Damage mod, its going to hurt even more on our dmg output
    • As a low power Pump action shotgun it should have a more smooth flow, I think everyone that test it has found the same prob that is that last second of CD after we finish the combo
    • Some powers like Railgun nd 5barrel Minigun that we are used to use on live arent viable options caused of their dmg/power cost, on other hand Chain gun and Multi-Net launcher are some of the few powers that present a decent dmg output based on their power cost and possible some future options
    • High cost powers should ve a bigger dmg output to compensate the lack of cc and to match with other powersets dmg output
    • Interruptions - really need to look to this carefully cause having a hungry powerset, being interrupted a few times is deadly to our power bar
    • SC Biggun - instead of making it useless why not turning it into a "normal" 100% SC (without this BIG numbers it can do to low rank adds) like the ones we find in other powersets , since this nerf is mainly cause of one-shot capabilities that it could do
    • or instead make SC Mounted Turret do more dmg cause overall when comparing to others SC like Earthquake for eg. the dmg for either Biggun or Mounted Turret is pretty damn low
    • Shrapnel Grenade Launcher isnt the only PI applier
    OVERALL
    • Its pretty obvious that the PI is a most if we want a pretty decent dmg output but the constant interrupts and without any cc, we end up way too fast and easily without power and/or without doing any dmg
    • Without a decent SC dmg power it doesnt feel like viable to build a loadout around it
    • Good changes to a few powers that werent used on live and made viable solutions
    • Feel like it now need some work/changes to make munitions more appealing again (comparing to the live version)
    Still need to run more content to check other loadout...
    • Like x 1
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

'Splosion & Rocket Jump are really bad. They could only be used on PVP.
    Increase the radius and buff a little the damage aswell please.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

that works only for channeled abilities but not for abilities with a cast bar like 50 cal, fireburst etc ... just as a reminder.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The posts above this one are being reviewed by the team. Thank you for testing.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Speaking of post, here's one from Fatal Star that didn't make it's way onto the thread; figure it'll come in handy since there's not much feedback in here thus far.

• Like x 1
  17. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

This is the only thing that really worries me. So is there still a power that will activate "Eye of the tiger"?
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Eye of the tiger was apart of the AM. Since AM's are gone and bullet frenzy is no longer available, Eye of the tiger is no longer a essentinal munitions mechanic.
  19. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

So does this mean there's no more eye of the tiger or bullet frenzy? Because then the top statement from the dev about it still dropping tons of bullets is completely inaccurate. I play on PS4, so I cannot test, or I would be all over it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Exactly, and in that case this power would be almost entirely useless and dead. The ONLY thing that makes munitions a contender is being able to pump out powers back to back until everything is dead. Before I learned the AM of this power I only thought I was decent because my friend was a tank who was drawing everything onto himself, and I would kick back with the rifle pelting them with mortars. I found out quickly that tactic does not work (At least not with a rifle), and as soon as something got in close on me I would be toast. Presently I don't mind being pulled across the screen since when I land in front of them it is just going to boost my damage due to the range. I sincerely hope that they don't ruin a game I just sank all this money/time into.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.