Stats Revamp 1.6: Munitions

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Please use this thread to discuss the revamped Munitions powerset!

Munitions was created with Advanced Mechanics in mind so there were a lot of abilities that were similar. In order to not change the powers too much, but still provide an interesting revamped powerset, we have tried to just make slight changes to power costs or crowd control effects so that there are select times when you will want to use each power over others.

Let us know how you think this plays in the context of the stats revamp. At the highest level Munitions is still about channeling tons of bullets and dropping big ol' bombs.
    • Overall
      • Munitions no longer uses the Graviton-Charged power interaction and only uses Burning
      • The Burning power interaction itself no longer deals damage but the abilities that apply it still do some damage over time. This allows the damage to stack.
    • Active Protection System:
      • Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 30 seconds to match other Controller shielding supercharges.
    • Biggun:
      • To keep the potential bonus damage for this ability the low rank enemies that can be obliterated must be at or below 35% health.
      • Increased the supercharge cost to 100% and the cooldown to 60 seconds.
    • Chain Grenade Launcher:
      • Power over time to the group has been moved to the innate Controller passive.
    • Chain Gun:
      • Reduced the distance enemies are pushed back before being stunned so that it is harder to push them out of range for subsequent attacks.
    • 50 Cal:
      • Increased the damage and power cost.
      • Now takes advantage of the Burning power interaction instead of applying it.
      • Removed knockdown while in DPS role to keep the damage higher.
    • Five-Barrel Minigun:
      • Removed pushback and stun while in DPS role to keep the damage higher.
    • Flak Cannon:
      • Removed the knockdown while in DPS role to keep the damage output higher.
    • Killer Instincts:
      • Now a Weapon Buff that adds 33% Precision and Weapon DPS for 12 seconds.
    • Laser Net Launcher:
      • Power over time to the group has been moved to the innate Controller passive.
    • Mini-Nuke:
      • Increased the damage, power cost, and cooldown from 2 seconds to 6 seconds.
    • MRE:
      • Increased the cooldown to 30 seconds from 1.25 seconds to increase the damage absorbed and healing.
    • Mounted Turret:
      • Increased the damage and supercharge cost to 50%; Increased the cooldown from 6 seconds to 18 seconds.
    • Multi-Net Launcher/Net Retractor/Multi-Net Retractor:
      • Now deal extra damage to Burning enemies.
    • Particle Gun:
      • Now deal extra damage to Burning enemies.
    • Pump Action Shotgun:
      • Removed the low damage from range so that would not eat into the damage budget of the rest of the ability.
      • Added a 50 base power cost to the combo abilities.
    • Railguns:
      • Now deals extra damage to Burning enemies.
      • Removed the knockdown while in DPS role to keep the damage output higher.
    • Reload:
      • In Control role is a group weapon buff for group members with the highest power percentage.
    • Rocket Jump/Rocket Retreat:
      • Increased the cooldown to 3 seconds from 1 second to increase the damage absorbed.
    • Shrapnel Grenade Launcher:
      • Now a supercharge generator that sets up the Burning power interaction.
      • No longer a channeled ability and increased the cooldown to 6 seconds to match other supercharge generators.
      • Now a Controller Debuff for Damage.
    • Small Package:
      • Removed the stun and knockdown and increased the cooldown to increase damage output and to match other power set “execute” ability potential.
    • ‘Spolsion:
      • Increased the damage and reduced the range to melee distance of 5 meters.
    • Survival:
      • Increased the cooldown to 18 seconds from 12 seconds to increase the damage absorbed.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Not sure if I like the fact that Our CC has been removed and that we're still interruptable, Therotically speaking that means we should do some pretty good damage to compensate considering just how interrupted we'll become.

The lack of CC is gonna be painful especially in solo content where you're bound to get lunged at a lot.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Bug Report: 50 is suppose to be interruptible, but it isn't.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. spord Developer

Thanks for the report.
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

Love the changes to Biggun!
    • Like x 7
  6. Aggro Well-Known Player

My biggest problem is why put a cool down on superchargers in general?

You need 35% 50% 100% charge to use them, not to mention biggun is only going to be used at 35% health adds. So an Olympic run you might have at least 3 bigguns? And what are the chances of hitting it with a large group of 35% adds?

Biggun is 100% the cool down is pointless

You just made biggun another super useless or close to it.
  7. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Hmmmm what is chainguns pushback like now? Stun is nice but i'd rather have zero pushback and just inflict knock down.

Removing pushback from others powers, is great but also bad. #1 Your taking away choices, now we HAVE to use chaingun to stun? #2 i hate push back, but it should be changed to knock-down. (Can some1 answer: If players cant cc that much arent you CONSTANTLY taking damage? Being interrupted??? Trying to solo through Science Spire as Muni/dps was 1 of the worst experiences of my dcuo life. I cant help but think thats what entire game is turning into and it sounds like hell. My muni couldnt stun so she constantly ate damage and since enemies were free to attack I constantly got interrupted. Where as other toons who could stun as dps just walked through instance easy peasy.)

I know about innate PoT to group but it looks like you killed off Reload, power healing? Thats done on all trolls? Or is the group buff in addition to what it already did? And it has no funtion for dps side?

Big gun no skin off my nose. Its a super finisher that is 100% ? lol. It sucked before except to kill trash mobs it does not sound that improved. I do use it but not like im suppose to lol. Turret was awesome looking/sounding and being a 25-35 SC was awesome it was just weak as hell. I cant guage how fast we can build SC now but im hoping this gets a big bump to damage.

30 second cool down on MRE?? The healing better be strong as hell because 30 seconds is an eternity when ur hurt. With the old way you could pop it several times if needed.

This revamp seems like stuff is being built for advanced mechanics 2.0. You still expect us to use certain things in certain ways. I look at the changes overall and i dont see an effort to make each 1 strong. Shotgun for example. Is it still a crappy combo? is it still not mobile? That could have been totally revamped. Is 'Splosion still immobile? I dont know how any Muni uses it compared to having total freedom.

Not sure about PI's either. Thats not what we thought we were getting in revamp. We thought powers would be more individual, allowing us to mix and match powers how we see fit. But now every single muni in the game will have Shrapnel Grenade because its the ONLY sc generator/pi applicator? BORING.

I hated Shrapnel Grenade before revamp, was to flashy and made it hard to see if it hit or how much it was doing. Now I have an all new reason to hate it so thanx for that I guess.

My munition toon is my third fav toon. It sounds like she will be getting downgraded. Hating advanced mechanics 2.0 :(
  8. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

One of the munitions powers, Flak Cannon I think still says benefits from gravitational charged enemies as well as burning enemies. Sorry if it's the wrong power, just wanted to get it out there as soon as possible because I really don't have time to go back atm.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

NICE!!! thank you! guess took my feedback and worked it out! this made my day and it is 07:45 AM wich means i will have a good start in a day full of testing (after i farmed my spores on live of course ^^)
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

cooldown for pump gun is a second to long.
    EASY TO FIX: make the pumpgun shoot 6 instead of 4 times! problem solved, don't you think?
    also: why is the shotgun so clunky? it is like "BAMM!! babababam...." could you change the clunkyness away?
    looking at rage, frenzy had a similar clunkyness. you smothed it out for the revamp, same for shotgun please!
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    why is pumpgun shot combo with melee taps? does that make sense at all?

i like what you have done with the multi-net launcher!!! its tap and hold RANGE ;)
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Biggun is useless now. In my opinion it's current form should have been the template for all supercharges for all powers. Instead of nerfing it to uselessness you should have added it's effect to Blizzard, Bunker Buster, Telekinetic Barrage, Volcanic Calamity and similar supercharges of powers I'm not familiar with enough to name.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The description for Chain Grenade Launcher says "Burning enemies take additional damage." From what I'm seeing, it inflicts Burning instead. Here is a demonstration video:
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    'Splosion mentions it still benefits from Graviton-Charged. I haven't tested it, but considering it was removed from the rest of the powerset.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

No. A supercharge should not be an add 1shot.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Survival lacks the [Shield] note in its power description. Also, it does not work with Regenerative Shielding.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The description for Active Protection System needs to be updated to include the [Shield] and [Group Power Heal] tags. I also suspect the power needs to be updated to work with Regenerative Shielding.
    [IMG]

Bastion from mental includes the appropriate tags:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The description for Rocket Launcher needs to be updated to tell which debuff it applies:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. The3meraldKnight Active Player

I'm sure this is intentional. They moved the Damage debuff to Shrapnel Grenade Launcher. So RL now just knocks down adds and stuns them. Haven't fully tested this yet, so if it still applies the damage debuff, it could be a bug.
  20. The3meraldKnight Active Player

So far, on my brief test, I did try out each of the powers in munitions, pretty good so far. I like the changes to PIs and to Multi-Net Launcher/retracter.

A bug that I have seen a couple times: a few powers say they still exploit GC PI like 'Splosion and I think Flak Cannon. Also, Chain Grenade Launcher seems to not exploit Burning PI, only apply it.

What I want to see changed maybe. melee abilities have ranged increased very slightly (doesn't have to be much. As of now melee abilities don't feel worth the risk.)

I'm actually glad to see Biggun getting a damage fix. Even though I used it, I only used it if I was in a group that was getting swarmed by adds and getting close to being knocked down.

Not sure if this is also a bug, but probably not, but people are saying that Shrapnel Grenade Launcher is the only PI applicator, but there are other powers that can apply burning. (Flak Cannon, Laser Net Launcher, and as of right now Chain Grenade Launcher)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.