Stats Revamp 1.5: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Please look at the PM I sent you.
    I'm liking that increase on shielding and heals but that Power cost increase is a huge no no.
    We already need two controllers to Power us up. That now makes it three controllers if you plan on going through with this.

Hell all we healers need is a dom increase in our gear and we'll be set.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I wish there was a way to give DPS the buff without increasing power costs, cause it effects healing as well which already consumes more power then other healers, but reverting the power cost back to 100 will revert the damage buff the dps side needs as well.

Can a compromise not be made here? I'm not dpsing with only smite and haunt...
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback in this round of testing. We will continue to review and adjust Celestial (and all powersets) in the next versions of the revamp.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Additional changes for Celestial are now testable in the 1.6 version of the revamp:

Celestial
    • Cleansed Blight:
      • Increased the damage, healing and power cost.
    • Cleansed Consume Soul
    • Cleansed Death Mark
      • Increased the damage, shielding and healing.
    • Cleansed Plague
      • Increased the damage and power cost.
    • Corrupted Admonish:
    • Corrupted Blessing
      • Increased the damage, shielding and healing.
    • Corrupted Divine Light
      • Increased the damage and power cost.
    • Corrupted Wrath of the Presence
    • Like x 1
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I have an awesome feeling about this. Will be testing it out right now. Though any word on quantum right now?
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

So visually the power looks great to me. I actually feel that certain moves look a lot more detailed such as anoint (the new Benediction), Plague Divine Light (cursed) and Sacred Light. The only complaint I have about the visuals is that I wish sacred light didn't have that cursed spot in the middle but so far so good. I'll be providing an update on how I feel about the hybrid mode and PftT. I'll probably prefer hybrid.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

On paper it looks like healing just got thrown against the wall then gently sat back down.

Will be testing this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

So I tested out the dps and I'm satisfied but I feel like it could be better.

My loadout was: Anoint, Sacred Light, retribution, smite, wrath of presence/plague and cursed idol.

1. I didn't notice a might buff and if there isn't I think that anoint should be one.

2. Retribution was the only one that purifies enemies. The others only do higher damage on purified enemies. I think that smite should be able to purify as well. I also feel that blessing - death mark (blessed) should have better DoT and also purify.

Otherwise I think everything was fine. It performed great in duos and alerts for me. I did slightly more damage than a quantum player and slightly less damage than a rage player. However, the raids were a little a different. I ran OLY twice. Once trying to do 50% might and 50% prec and it didn't work out too well. 4th on scoreboard was at 10 mil, I was at 14 mil, 2nd was at 16mil and the 1st was at 22mil. Then I tried OLY again but instead I did more like 80% might and 20% prec and I feel like my damage increased. I was second on scoreboard at 16mil while first was 18mil. All of us at 190 CR in each run. So apart from the two suggestions I mentioned I really liked everything about the DPS. However, I think that Plague should be slightly buffed because even using retribution to buff I wasn't hitting too high but it could've just been me.

Oh and another thing. The weapons. I like hybrid mode but the weapon damage is meh. Hand blasters, one handed and martial arts are alright but I was struggling with staff and dual wield.
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Agreed.
  10. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Totally opposed to changing Life Drain. I use that for healing as a DPS and it lets me heal others. Its super effective as a healing SC that all powers should have. Cursed Idol SUCKS for healing, if ur looking to get a pure offense SC on curse side gut that 1 lol.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No offense, I get you're playing your own way and respect that, but as it is now, especially on live server, life drain is not a decent SC to use as a DPS, especially in end tier content. So many better options out there.
    • Like x 1
  12. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

End game isnt the only game. There should be healing SC powers in every power set. You can keep life drain like it is and still give Celestial other offensive SC powers.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I'm shocked that you don't want a good burst SC and I'm even more shocked that you use a terrible healing SC on Live Server.
    That's in general. You do better with others. Like Sacrifice and Consecrated Ground. Even Malediction cBenediction... arguably the strongest heal in game puts up stronger numbers.
    That's just the nature of the cursed sc.. and cursed tree in general.

To each his own then.^^

Have you been on test by the way?
    Because Cursed SC are for DPS there and Blessed SC are for healing there.. it's happening anyway. And it's not just end game... it is general in the large scope of things.
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

No might buffs are happening for any power.

Sacred Light Purifies Enemies and is your SC Generator.
    You also have WcR, Divine Light, PcDL in addition to RcW to purify enemies.

Change all them mods and your spec too cause you need to be full might. Hybrid play style is nonexistent for Celestial and doesn't cut the mustard at all for testing purposes either, despite the changes.
    Retribution is your 100 spammer and Smite and Haunt blow that **** out the water still. LUL.

Try some other set ups Saint.
    You'll find a good one. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Neo Venom FTW!!!
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Awww man so hybrid is not viable for celestial? And ah ok I had no idea that no power was getting a might buff. When I checked PcDL didn't purify but it just hit harder on purified enemies. Though I'll check again.

I really wish it could be better as hybrid mode though. I mean I did ok with it but if could be buffed.

Thanks for reply.
  17. Heal up 96 Level 30

I'm still hearing people say the damage isn't there is that true?
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ill be testing a multi input rotation here soon and get back to you. I've heard the damage barely increased but we'll see.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So the power cost increase didn't kill the dps, two trolls can still maintain it, but I barely noticed a damage increase. On single, multi input combos seem to be doing better then the haunt/smite spam, but on 3 targets, haunt/smite is still king.

So I'm still going with my previous assessment, combos need to be buffed according to cast time. If this is something that effects all combo powers, I don't see it as a negative at all and something that would benefit rage, HL, and atomic as well.
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Same here. I still think PcDL should be stronger. Given the cast time, vulnerability window, and power cost. It was buffed, but it isnt strong enough for anyone to have a reason or benefit to put in in their loadout.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.