Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. iMint Well-Known Player

ehhh...the other auras look like they cover the body uniformly and are smooth across the whole body, whereas the Spore aura looks like there is 1 mini aura around your head, 1 around your chest/arms, 1 around your feet, 1 around your legs....they look like they're all overlapping.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I actually love it. I mean really love it. I wish they would make more two-tone auras. But they wouldn't necessarily have to be the orb style, they could also be just like a solid vertical beam. I would love to see a white center/blood red exterior gradient, black/neon green, blue/gold, i wonder what white/black would look like? Orange/red, pink/purple and silver/purple could be cool too.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I know they look like that, but the majority of them are actually a bunch of mini auras on different parts of the body. The reason you can't see each individual piece is because they're either one solid colour or a pattern that meshes well enough to hide the fact that the aura is made up of ten(ish) mini auras.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not a aura or material but. . .

Calling it Bruce Tech

Its something I've wanted. Want something to connect from our league halls to our personal bases, and another secret passage leading to other personal bases. Or simply the option to map where said passage leads to but it would be from a list sort of like this:

league hall
    base 1
    base 2
    base 4
    base 5
    friends base 1
    friends base 2
    friends base 3

the friends base 1-3 are ppl who allow you to enter their bases obviously and the base 1-5 are your personal bases and so on. With having up to 3-5 secret passages we'd benefit from having use to 3-5 of these locations.
  5. BrokenEssence Level 30

Okay, I don't know how you'd go about doing this, coding and all. If it's far too complicated, don't bother, but I'd like to use material as quinery and senary color options for clothing. I mean, wouldn't it be really cool to incorporate multiple materials on a single style piece? I'd personally like to combine the negative speed force and the phoenix flame materials. (of course, I don't know if I'd ever be able to do that, seeing how rigged the time capsules are... never could get that phoenix material, but my saltiness aside) I don't personally care what materials next come, I just want to be able to use them as colors rather than coating an entire style piece with it, though you should leave that option open for those who'd prefer it. The best thing about this game is customization, after all.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They already said that this would not happen because of the difference in channel information. Textures have one format, and the color channels are just that, only color channels.
    • Like x 1
  7. BrokenEssence Level 30

Okay, that's fine. I think I know what material I want next, though, at least.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Can we get a new texture of energy armor in the game. I'd like to make anything into energy armor and still slap an emblem on it.
    • Like x 4
  8. L33 Developer

( I'm going to get technical to answer this )

The original auras as you mentioned used a different engine material. We created a more advance engine material to allow for more unique variations/combinations/colors. The enchanted aura & Starro 2-tone for example would not of been possible using the previous engine material.

Basically, its a win for you all :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So your saying we should be seeing better auras come out from here on?
  10. cooking Level 30

Dbz aura and rare dbz aura with the lightening and can colour change I'd pay for them np
  11. Merlon New Player

Hello Everyone. I am new to the game but have been playing other games for a LONG time. I didn't see any other place to put this, so here goes, if a bit off topic:

Why, oh why, is there not a Shift-Click method of linking an inventory item to the chat window? I see this or a similar method in every other online game that I play. If it is in-game and I just missed it, then could someone please tell me how to do it.

Thanks very much, and have a great day.
  12. Ascended Well-Known Player

As I understand it, and I could be misinformed, it's because DCUO is built for consoles and not for pc, and consoles can't really do that sort of thing.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but it's what I was told when I asked the same question.
  13. Sjorn Paradox New Player

I'm thinking something along the likes of a magma material and a hard light material or perhaps some marketplace materials as a bit of a big change for these types of cosmetics
  14. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Expand the maximum Shared Bank by about 20 slots.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Wrong thread.
  16. L33 Developer

:)
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nice job on that aura, like the way it flows, and the size and movement of the dots. Wish it had green instead of yellow or turquoise dots though.
  18. X ATmosFeaR New Player

Would like to see an elemental circle aura that hovers behind the character. Think along the lines of the halo head style but with an electric, fire, nature or ice effect to it. Have it slightly wider than the character and hover off the toon.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Like Bahamut's back piece from FFX?
    • Like x 1
  20. soulbrother New Player

HOW about letting us Benefit from grinding these auras by adding a stat or bonus for wearing them! For example speed force aura allow the wearing to be able to do either more damage, heal, or troll when wearing it. Long story short just add stats to the auras to give me a reason to buy or grind for them.