Why are TTB groups shouting for people with pets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hanlower, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Hanlower New Player

Title says it all. I've even seen them shout for tanks with pets. Thanks
  2. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Because earth is just that op :cool:
    • Like x 4
  3. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

It's to help employ a method for getting a feat outta TTBE.
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Not sure why, but it's called ttbm. There is no reg version. It's clamped as in ttb and normal as in trbm for members. Gawd...
    • Like x 1
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

I've heard that people are hitting the boss once then running away and letting their pets do everything so they don't die and can pop the no death feat. The cheese is real.
    • Like x 9
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

eh is what happens when ppl mainly LFG / PUGs expect 1 healer 1 troll 1 tank groups to not die, when most DPS expect to be on top of adds and bosses and take 0 damage.

I've yet to try this feat in either version as Im waiting for both my friends to be on at same time, plan to do 1 troll, 1 tank, 2 heals, 4 DPS for the clamped version, and 2 2 2 2 for the member version or possibly 2 2 3 1
  7. Balton hero Committed Player

LMAO. Oh. Wait. You're serious?
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Smh so ridiculous the stuff people will resort to :oops: It wouldnt surprise me if people were trying to use clownbox for this too :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  9. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Lol... yeah, ppl cheesing the feat is hilarious. The judging and elitism, that's not hilarious at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Wow really?? that's news to me i believe you just wow... cause im HL and some of my league mates heck even pug group dont even have pet powers and we beat it quiet easily.
  11. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

You could pick 5 sorc dpses, gadget troll, celest heal and any tank for that.
    The goal is to use Sorc's SC (Grand Summoning) and lock target on the boss; gadget throws out bot (which restores powers to pets too), celest uses sacrifice and tank can use speed drain (or not, pets already have almost infinite power to spam with their skills). 30 seconds after that boss is getting MELTED DOWN.
    And yea, thats the easiest way to get no death feat cuz boss is alive for like 30 seconds.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Bruh.... Yes I said bruh.

I'm​ officially ashamed of this community lol.
    • Like x 5
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Pets do significant damage, spread damage received, and can be given power via a power or gadget bot sc. I don't know what other troll moves give power but some heal powers heal NPCs too. No big secret though.
  14. Balton hero Committed Player

There's a difference between elitism and anti-laziness and overly critical judgment and righteous judgment. Using pets solely to get your feat for you.....yeah, that's just wrong. Calling peta on their *****. #endpetlabor
  15. Backblock Well-Known Player

I really don't understand how this is cheese?
    So what, some players are using earth and sorc with gadget trolls.
    I don't see how that's exploiting anything, thats no different from running with six tanks (few atomic tanks and everyone rotating orbital strikes and backup)
    I know of some ice dpses that wear tank gear so that they can live through Starro's lunge, is that cheesing and exploiting as well?
    • Like x 1
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

I heard that people are using a strategy similar to what I'll outline next. Get DDs with pets. The tank gets the boss where he is. The DDs hit the boss once and proceed to run into a corner. In this corner, they sit in block. They don't do anything else apart from giving power to their pet. Their pet does everything. A long time later, the boss dies and they get their feat. It's not an exploit. It's a legit strategy. That's it. I personally find it to be rather cheesy, but that's just me.

It's not too different from going in there with loads of tanks as you stated, it's just a different method.

Regarding your question, no, I'm rather impressed that people are doing that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Nemesir Well-Known Player

People on LFG shouts for Players with Pet Powers (Earth, Sorcery) for TTB Member's Raid coz they simply CANNOT do the No Death aka Conquered the Conqueror Feat and they need those Pet Powers to do the Feat for them.

Yes, this is just how bad in terms of actual gameplay the DCUO player-base has become :(
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

But im a beast dps with mad skillz bro :confused: Oh wait...i guess my pet is the beast dps with mad skillz.
  19. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Reminds me of this one Sorcery guy in Underworld Trials. He was in healer role. And we were fighting the Phoenix and he just used the emote to sleep in the nest. I was like what the hell man, but I just kept fighting phoenix. I mean the watcher was keeping us all moderately healed. But still. Ah well.
  20. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Righteous judgment? Are you hearing yourself?
    • Like x 1