A few requests from testers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Fatal Star, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

These are a "help us help you" type requests, we want to get a better idea of how the stat revamp will impact live server, and I say "we" because I gathered these from other testers.

1. Remove PP from elite - it's difficult to get an elite run going on test because so many people are always missing the PP because only a small handful of people actually run raids to test powers. No progress points means we can jump right in so elite content and difficulty level is properly tested.

2. Add time capsule mods to either dispenser, or vendor in the HQ- a few people have bought up how capsule mods will impact the revamp but no one has a solid idea because we don't have access to them. Adding these will help us determine if SC generation is too fast, if power costs for certain abilities need to b decreased, whether or not they will be an absolute necessity to game play in general. It's another variable that needs to be factored into balance.

3. Locking all content that's not T8- currently we're testing content with the highest stats and gear possible, it makes it difficult when people are forming groups for content well below T8. Perhaps we can go tier by tier after all powers are on test, lock all tiers except one until all have been thoroughly tested and adjusted? Having a central focus for everyone helps get relevant content tested quicker and with more people participating.

Any other ideas people have will get posted in the thread, thanks for reading and hope you consider these.
    • Like x 14
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Actually I am busy testing lower content because everyone seems to like running overgeared as compared to the regular players within the game.

Locking to only T8 is a very bad idea.

Do you remember how bad all the lower content was ( some still is ) FUBAR after GU47???
    I sure do & that does not need to happen again.

Testing content should be testing at lowest CR possible for the instances not maxed.
    • Like x 10
  3. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

I agree with everything here except for NO.3. If we don't get an accurate test on lower content then everything is going to be messed up for the newer people. Instead, it should be T8 locked since we have had plenty of testing in it and everything else is open until testing beyond powers is commencing.
    • Like x 2
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'm sorry but those feedback threads have been closed for months. If you wanted to test and give feedback on lower tiers, you should've did that with everyone else back in December/January with the rest of us. Everyone else is actually running content at the highest tier to see how skewed the progression system is to give actual feedback for the powersets which are the threads currently open for discussion. #GetWithTheProgram
    • Like x 3
  5. Soul Dedicated Player

Not to mention this Stats Revamp is by definition about the Stats.. so why are the arguments presented here address this from a CR perspective?

I could be minimum CR for said content but my Stats will still be good enough to steam-roll through the content.
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Please give us stats or a gear bundle that you recommend for what you expect live to be going through each tiers if you decide to lock each tier. That way we can actually feel if the content is right.

As Winter Sable pointed out, GU47 was poorly tested. There was a lot of content that went live in a very unplayable state. It would be a good idea to allow us to have access to what you would expect players to have at X tier. Like a T1 player might have mods, but no mainframe boosts.

This of course can be after all powers hit test.
    • Like x 6
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The only thing that needs to be tested in lower tiers is Raids, remember that we had to build up our characters from the scratch in the first version of the Revamp and some of us reached Tier 6 running Alerts, Duos, Solos and Raven Bounty without major inconvinients, and in those previous versions of S.R. NPC´s were hitting harder than now.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Not completely sold that is all we need the majority of testers got to t3ish only one group got higher. What gives them an accurate assessment is a broad response sample. They also did some adjustments since.

But them giving us expected level for small group vs raid group would help too.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This^

This is why I've been saying testers need to test out Content with reasonable skill points too. I've said it in the past, if people are running the older tier content with over 100 sp then it's not accurate; new players won't have as many skill points to work with.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We need all content tested. We are open to feasible suggestions, though!
  11. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

One problem we could definitely solve with end game players entering lower Tier Content is stat clamping. I know no one is fond of it but this might be something that it's actually useful for. That, and what B said about being able to have access to what normal people have access to at this CR but no more would be a good idea. Sort of like an almost enhanced style of stat clamping meant specifically for testing stuff like the revamp. If we do this first then we can work out how to get more people into lower end content without disrupting everyone's "inner peace".
    • Like x 2
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Define "feasible".
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not advocating for that at all.

My suggestion is how we have those gear boxes in that one vendor that is "166" or whatever. That comes with all the gear and mods we need for that specific tier. So like T1 can be "CR34" and comes with Alpha or Beta mods with no generator mods. While say a T4 would be CR70 with type 3 mods and 3.x generator mods. There can also be a list of how many skill points they want us to use for that tier.

I am not asking for stat clamping as that would be far outside the scope of this update and would require it's own balance passes. (Nor do I want that either.)
    • Like x 1
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

my suggestion not a popular but it is a simple one and should seem reasonable and able to do all content.

do 1 Tier including elite content start with T8 and go below that.
    or do the opposite of that and start with T1 and go up.

get feedback on everything (solo's Duo alert raids elite raids) than once we tested everything in that Tier we go down into a lower tier and continue to do so until we got all the content tested.

that's my suggestion it allow us all to hit all content it may take awhile to do but we would have everyone on the same page and hopefully working together to do that 1 tiers so we can move on to the next and the next after that until all the content is tested.

like i said simple and reasonable
    • Like x 2
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Only way they can do this is through stat clamping, and we already know how that would turn out.
    • Like x 1
  16. krytine Loyal Player

I am in agreement with you about stat clamping.the devs are showing more and more things with some kind of stat clamp. But i have said this before if a clamping is done then the sp should not be adjusted and if you are geared way above tier nock them to 1 tier above the level that they are doing but in no way should sp be altered
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

nah they could easily remove SP folks as they gave it to them to test Certain content. they could easily set a SP limit on test for certain tiers for folks that way we can test the content right.

Specially for lower tiers like T1-T2-T3-T4, they could easily set a limit

(T5-T6-T7 they could add in some 100sp or higher speically in T7 cause folks normally did have 100sp around those tiers again)
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well it what the developers decide at this point I've said my piece on it, at the end of the day all i can do is suggest ;)
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which do you think would be easier to program? Going through and removing skill points? Or simply clamping everyone to the stats they think are best feasible for "at tier" testing? I never seen them remove skill points before without making us start all over, so if that's a simple task​, then I'll agree and go with that.
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well how about this for an option once again start at T8 get all that content done including elite dont remove any Sp yet.

than we go lower than remove you know T7 they could put us at 130sp maybe 150 at the max.
    than just keep going to the lower tiers.

if they start us over i don't think that would be a bad thing cause this of course would be after the powers are set in where they need to be at, this is only for the content revamp purpose.

if they start us over than we just simply do 1 Tier starting from the bottom and each time we get a tier done they upgrade our SP.
    Now on how much depends on the Tier that's what i believe should be done if that is the case.

but either situation rather if we are stat clamp or if they do this SP idea i suggest, We do need too test this content with lower sp because players will not becoming into this game with High sp right off the get go.

so either situation i am fine with as long as we get that content tested with the right results.

it may be easy for us on test who have over 100sp or 200sp but if we put that on live and players aren't able to beat it than what, than we failed as testers cause we just gave them wrong results.

Because players coming into this game wont have 100sp or 200sp, that's as simple as i can put it.
    • Like x 1