Stats Revamp 1.5: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I recorded 5 videos all with different loadouts so people can visually see the discrepencies between combos and their damage potential

Note this is a very basic spec, full oly might mods, no cola, trinket, or sc, running two trolls in the back ground.

Vid 1: PcDL, WoTPcCS, AcB, CScWoTP

Vid 2: DLcP, CScWoTP, BcA, ScH

Vid 3: RcW, CScWoTP, AcB, ScH

Vid 4: PcDL, DMcB, WcR, HcS

Final video: DL, ScH, HcS

Be sure to pay attention the the difference in parses, they give a good idea on how they loadouts would compare in actual content
    • Like x 3
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

In the last vid your only hitting 2 targets....that cone width is amazing lol. Cone width better be changed back cause every ability with a cone like that is going to do terrible in content. Why it was even touched baffles me :confused:
    • Like x 2
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I noticed that, I wasn't even aware they changed it lol. I tried to position myself to hit all 3 but it wasn't happening. I agree the cone is too small, not good if you have a large group of adds on the tank.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Perhaps that's the point. If the quick combos are the go-to, making them situational is another way to make other combos more appealing. The other option is to just nerf the damage. Let's face it, if the damage and area of effect of ScH and HcS are good, we'll default to them for the speed and decreased risk of interruption. Right?
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Even with the narrow cone, they're still the go to combos for damage if you can position yourself right. I'm currently uploading a GoM run that I'm going to post here to give everyone a better idea.

I'd honestly they just leave smite/haunt as they are and buff the longer combos up
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Here, have a GoM run.

Alarebelde is using a slightly different loadout with robot sidekick on it,so you can see the damage comparsion with and without sidekick

A request I'd like to make:

Remove the heals from both cursed idol and life drain while in dps stance that way the damage of both can be increased. Compared to other powersets SC's they're lacking in the damage department, I imagine because they cast heals as well.

Celestial has always lacked a good burst type SC, and life drain could fill that void with a proper damage boost.
    • Like x 3
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

keep the healing effect on Life Drain, makes sanse for the name and its awesome for PVP, lol
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Point, but I still think cele needs a burst type SC. Cursed Idol is great for longer fights, but sometimes you just want to buff up and let loose with a big hit you know? Lol.
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yeah, i totally get it, Something to just Nuke enemies.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Life Drain in healer role. Death impact in damage role with instead of eating animation just apply the purple animation at the base of the target with an animation like artic gust
    • Like x 2
  11. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I couldnt agree more. Munitions has shown how very useful a burst type SC can be, and Celestial needs one. I think Drain Life can be completely replaced by a burst SC or at least turned into one. Id also like to have its awful animation changed.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Made another comparison video between short and long combos

Note: I used might cola for both
    Further evidence that combo damage should be adjusted for cast time
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
  14. Heal up 96 Level 30

Make plague great again!
    • Like x 1
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

So anything in the works or we still gonna be power guzzling healers that can't even pure heal in a decent fashion?
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hopefully we hear something soon, sent PM's and everything
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are reviewing all posts. Spord is out ill and is unable to move forward on the multi-input combo review/changes as quickly as we would have liked. Appreciate the patience.
    • Like x 3
  18. spord Developer

The following changes have been made (internally) to bring the damage and healing up on multi-input combos. They were all 100 power cost and are now 200 power cost. Further changes to Celestial will be looked into once these have been tested.
    • Increased the damage, healing, and power cost of Corrupted Admonish and Cleansed Blight
    • Increased the damage and power cost of Corrupted Divine Light (DPS Role Only) and Cleansed Plague
    • Increased the damage, shielding, healing, and power cost of Corrupted Blessing and Cleansed Death Mark
    • Increased the damage, healing, and power cost of Corrupted Wrath of the Presence and Cleansed Consume Soul

Note: It looks like these changes won't make it out for you to test for until the next round of revamp testing after the Spring event has been on test. We will continue the testing, discussion, and feedback review then.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ill be honest, not liking too much what I'm seeing here, but I'm willing to test it out see if double input costs create a huge hindrance on our playstyle. When can we expect these changes to hit test?
    • Like x 1
  20. spord Developer

It looks like it won't be until after the Spring Seasonal is tested so I don't know an exact time yet.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.