An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

This thread is as dead as the power itself right now.
    Some day we will get some love, some day...
  2. LanternLove Well-Known Player

Hello I have a rage alt that I use for tanking
    I am 170 CR (with 53 sp :p)
    My loadout is ragebringer, severe punishment, echain, ire, ferocity and without mercy

Despite the low SP I haven't really had too many problems with tanking content up till now. I just jump in and use the awesome healing back mechanic while in rage mode and juggle adds before it ends. I have solo tanked everything up till and including BBS. So I ran KCT yesterday and I swear even though i use ire or ferocity so that i don't get interrupted while cancelling rage crash with my echain, Zod interrupts me again and again. I don't know if it's lag or what but it doesn't happen in any other content and I don't know what to do o_O:(

Zod just lunges me and it's like Ire or Ferocity have no effect. I just rage crash over and over fighting him because of this. I usually use them when severe punishment is at about 6 o'clock and I use echain at about 9 o'clock.
  3. LanternLove Well-Known Player

Continuation of the last post. I was thinking of altering my load out slightly. But am not so sure as what to do. Get a power that reduces damage from rage crash like remorseless recovery and replace either rage bringer or without mercy? Or maybe use the supercharge to cancel rage crash?
  4. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I started Rage Tanking recently and have been playing around with different things, and from the beginning I favored Remorseless Recovery over Without Mercy. You receive healing equal to whatever weapon or rage combo damage you deal and it's a Rage Crash dampener. The heals also last as long as its cooldown so it can been frequently active. If you Rage Crash and need to get your health bar back up, RR will certainly get it there unless your current health is extremely high like in the 100K+ range, or if your precision damage is too low. I specced into Critical Attack Damage and Chance since RR will also heal you for the full amount of your crits. Helps the healer out and can be used by itself when tanking trash. But like you I'm also considering replacing one of my breakouts, Ferocity for Vindictive. I was running RitE and even though I've completed it before, when I got to Adam, the fire kept killing me in between Severe Punishment's ending and it's cooldown reset, or I'd get BBed. Maybe I can cycle regular breakout, breakout trinket, and Ire and use Vindictive for those emergencies. Not sure if it'll be effective but I'm eager to test it.
  5. Pults Loyal Player

The only use of RR is the dampaner you will never heal back enough to sustain yourself. Also due to small health stack against single targets (in this case Zod) you do not want to combo, he'll eat right through your health if you are on the low side, best thing you can do is wait for the healer to bring it back up again.

As for fire in rite, he calls out the guards (and out comes the fire). At this point you have to avoid them, which is fairly easy if you don't camp in one spot. If you do stick to one spot then you are to blame for dying.
  6. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

To each his own I suppose. I think RR is a useful supplement in alerts, and I think the traditional two breakout loadout is probably one of the best if not the best to use in raids. I agree with refraining from comboing on single target bosses, safer to not risk being active.

Thanks for the tip in RitE. I figured it was either the guards or the electricity that triggered the fire, wasn't quite sure which.
  7. Hale Well-Known Player

8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I've only been rage a few days, but I'm staying with two breakouts. I can see why people have been unfairly judged for crashing in the past, the amount of times you can be unluckily stunned right before using EChain is too high. I'd rather be safe.

Other than that, Rage is incredibly OP, coming from a former ice, fire, and earth tank. I get three different kinds of pulls, and huge health buff and on top of that, if some boss hits me for 25k, it all gets healed back.....LOL ridiculous. I'm staying rage for awhile.

My DPS LO is plasma retch jump cancel then clipping bloodlust and relentless anger then spamming dreadful blast. I have robot sidekick and infuriate with the head mod.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Youre staying full ranged? you can go to mid-range, use G.Eruption, still stay safe and get better damage. Clipping E.G. with Bloodlust is much faster than jump cancel P.Retch and then Bloodlust. Faster is better.

EDIT:: Also...using Relentless Anger while staying full or mid-range, you are loosing its damage, because it only works at melee. Youre still getting the heals but not the damage.
    • Like x 1
  10. Captain Domino Committed Player

Hello, fellow Ragers!

Just recently returned to the game after over a year, and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a loadout for the damage role. My SP is pretty low (144) so I'm sure I'm not going to be topping any charts but, that's totally fine with me. I just really enjoy this power. Any help is appreciated!
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Galling Eruption - Relentless Anger - Bloodlust - Outrage - Eviscerating Chain - Revenge

Triple Clip GE - RA - BL when combat begins, then go for the other three powers in sequence. For extra durability while doing a steady flow of damage, should you not have a healer in team, use RA alone when its cooldown expires. For extra safety, when RA expires get away from melee range, hold block and wait until the triple cooldown is over. This is extremely effective in raids where your CR is too low for you to take many hits.
  12. L T Devoted Player

The effects for bloodlust say it gives a 50% damage bonus. But my damage at the sparring target seems to only go up due to the 15% precision buff.
  13. Jupiter Ross Well-Known Player

That's the damage modifier....all powers have them...the max damage hand mod gives all powers a 60% dmg modifier
  14. L T Devoted Player

wow. don't I feel dumb now.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well nothing happened here yet so let me be the first to post something about the revamped rage dps playstyle in this guide :)

So far I'm impressed how good rage is with meleeing USn and JFAn (haven't tried Elite yet). Except from Solomon Grundy you can basically melee everything. You just need to know when to block and when to not jump after the boss (in Gentleman Ghost's case). On the Ultimate Soldier you might want to roll out of melee range when you see his animation that starts his Electrocute. I got the feeling it wasn't that damaging but it might just have been some shields I got from the healer/controller.

At the moment I'm rolling with this:

Severe Punishment | Galling Eruption | Outrage | Revenge | Eviscerating Chain | Berserk

I'm atm at CR200 with Omnipotence Rings, Back, Waist being modded Dominance & Might SF because I also use them as a tank. The Starro Face is modded Dominance & Might Starro (you can exchange your starro mod with the Revamp Kit that gives you a Mod-Box. They are not tradable however after that).

The rest is Might/Power or Might/Health VII Expert with one being Might/Power Olympian.

HT Mods are Blast Adapter | Escalating Might | Breakout Protection | Core Strength | Max Damage | Inertial Innervation. Plus Supercharged Berserk III in my Head slot.

Generator is Might/Power/Dominance SF.

The damage is really great and I just love the playstyle. From time to time you might want to sneak in a few Eviscerating Chains before 35% if the group is power hungry but for the most time it is enough to use Outrange and Revenge after one another.

What do you guys use as a PFTT melee loadout?

I have tried to use Relentless Anger instead of Eviscerating Chain and use it on Cooldown to speed up Berserk Supercharges but I couldn't feel a real difference. It might be because of the damage loss with RA instead of Revenge every now and then.

For Range I switch Outrage and Revenge for Dreadful Blast and Frenetic Bombardment and Eviscerating Chain for another defensive CD or Relentless Anger to get closer to a group/the boss to lay down some Galling Eruption vomit ^^

I'm really interested what everyone else is running with. But honestly - meleeing with rage was amazing before - now I enjoy it even more since there aren't that much one shots anymore and with a decent tank in the group you won't have any trouble at all.

So let's fill this thread with some life

Schimaera
    • Like x 2
  16. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

I haven't been keeping up with testing feedback and haven't really tested any DPS loadouts but at the moment I'm running full melee with Superpowered Focus, max crits and everything else dumped into Might and Power.
    Using Outrage, Frenzy, Berserk, Violence, E-Chain, and Severe Punishment.
    It seems alright for doing the daily missions and I haven't tried it in Alerts or Raids though.

I've been focusing on tanking for now, but mainly just trying to figure out what changes were made although it seems to be about the same as Pre-Revamp. For stats I went Hybrid focus and maxed Crit chance to get to 21 SP then dumped everything into Health and leftovers into Dominance. As I understand it we now get 20% HP and 50% Defense while in Tank stance so why not maximize our health pool with SP.

(Our HP buff from using powers and the number of adds has been replaced with [Scar Tissue] "Dominance-to-Health" bonus based on our Combo Meter (???). I still have no idea what that means. Does it mean that a % of our Dom is turned to Health based on our combo i.e. x10 Combo = 10% Dom to HP??? Or does it mean that as long as we have x1+ Combo, 100% of our Dom is turned to HP???)

But anyway, I've tanked both alerts and JFA(n) with ease. I will try US(n) later. Unfortunately, I don't bother with Elites but I might give it a try.
    Currently my tanking loadout is
    Ragebringer, Ire, E-Chain, W/O Mercy, Redirect Rage, Severe Punishment
    Pre-revamp, I ran triple immunities but since Ferocity was removed I just subbed in Redirect Rage. It is still possible to pop Ire before Rage mode ends but the window is very small. Redirect Rage is a lot better than it was before (I've actually been able to pick up downed teammates in the alerts) although I have no idea how it compares to other Tanks such as Ice or Earth, for all I know it could be kinda weak compared to those. I did manage to determine that RR has a base modifier of ~210% which is about 30% less than HL Shield (Iconic). I suppose I can replace RR with something like Galling Eruption but I'll stick with it for now.

My first impressions for post GU73 rage tanking is...its more or less the same as before, mechanically, so I don't really have any complaints, well except for that Combo Meter health buff thing...srsly what does it even mean????
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

So for the highlighted part it goes like this.

Your health will increase by a % of your Dominance the higher your Combo Meter goes up. Through testing with Shark Dental, we found that at x50 youll reach the 100% of your Dominance that will be added to your health so if you want to see what your Max health would be in combat when you hit x50 Hits, add your Dom to your health and there ya go. The formulas Ive done havent matched what is in Game but Ill be doing more trial and error to find the proper formula.

We were worried about taking forever to reach the x50 hit on the Combo but after running content i get to itvery easy even with Blocking. Also, the health buff DOES stay for about 12 Secs (gotta retime it) of your Combo Meter resets to give you time to build it back up.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Also, I want to rebuild the Rage Thread here and start anew but sadly a lot of my time is used else where for work til the end of Sept but if anyone wants to put our heads together and get a new Post Revamp Rage Guide up PM me <3 I'll post my loadouts tomorrow evening when I get back in game.
  19. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

ahh, ok. thanks for the info.
  20. SaintlyHero New Player

Anyone know how to get the power specs to other toons