Stats Revamp 1.5: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Well I was doing fine with two healers and lava. I probably could've done fine with a solo healer and just me solo tanking but these are test server pug groups. I can't really rely on these guys too much to be honest. The only people I knew in that run were the troll, other tank, and one of the healers. Next time we can try the 1115 setup ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Aggro Well-Known Player

Thank you for the active response's it helps us know that you guys are listening versus us guessing if you guys are or aren't.

The main issue I have with PI''s is mainly on the dazing side. This also occurs on live, range pi setup is very difficult to pull off, especially making a upheaval option.
    • Stone: Like Pebble Blast 1 target damage and dazes only that target.
    • Pebble Blast: currently dazes 1 target also damages 1 target compared to earthen grip.
    • Unstoppable: understand the limits this is a jackhammer alternative, no issues here.
    • Tectonic Break: the range limit is too short distance wise compare to upheaval that has max range distance.
    On live I currently use "Gag Glove" for its PI, I would like to mention although it also has its limits on range, it's cone aoe damage and PI application works well, that's also not the case on Stat Revamp 1.5, Gag Gloves cone is now too narrow to apply on targets in front of me, it now apply and damage's the 1st target and the targets behind that 1 target.
    • Jackhammer vs Upheaval damage swap and power cost swap balance, give the more melee options the risk reward features we're looking for, when we think earth, we think JACKHAMMER!
    Crush. Cooldowns vs PftT
    Most of these powers on live had more or less a PftT feel. But, on test it looks like the majority of the powersets, snowball etc. Have a advantage.
    • Earthen Grip: Haven't tested new fix, but if it works like rage bringer no issues here.
    • Striking Stones: would be nice to reduce cooldown to 0.5.
    • Shards: Stays as is, why? 3 ticks on a 0.5 cooldown? Your crazy, Unless you reduce damaged and compare it to various plants/electo-static bomb go ahead.
    • RumbleCrush: Stays as is, it's a pi, although it can be compared to various plants, this pi can also be compared to powers like ice strick, repulse, soul siphon etc.
    Hope breaking it down this way helps makes the power "useful" not "overpowered" I also feel that "ALL" superchargers need to feel a bit on the overpower side most of them are still rendered useless to use.
    • Like x 3
  3. L T Devoted Player

From a Tank standpoint, I would not want Jackhammer's power cost to be changed from what it is now.
    • Like x 3
  4. Aggro Well-Known Player

I understand the power cost concern if jackhammer was changed, I also asked for the swap as a dps stand point of view for balance vs it just hitting stupid hard for low power cost.

If the swap was made all we would need is 3x jackhammer/upheaval for full defensive benefits off jackhammer/upheaval, and it's either block, shield, immunity, pull and add interruption from there till those benefits drop for reapplying. Majority of the time isn't spent on spamming jackhammer on tank stance vs dps which is spam city.
    • Yes, don't make it cost way too much! Which I highly doubt that would happen, but also there has to be a threshold. And has is on test it's cost is way too low to begin with so doubling or tripling or even quadripling that cost doesn't look like it will hurt it.
    Earth Tanking problem's back then was the 6 power slots we need 2 pulls, sheilds, brick, golem power, 2 immunities, totem heal. Now that we have space cuase of 1 major change "earth grip" we have more room to play with.
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

How many times does fury hit vs fury and how do their weapon attacks compare ?
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I would say this, do we as a collective what high sustained DPS with JH or a more bursty rotation that isn't as power efficient. What should be tested is vs a boss and see what comes out on top after a long fight.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

A request: Fortify Golem should be more effective. The guy in the video below sometimes need to activate 2x Fortify Golem so that Crystal can take a big hit and also have your power bar empty when summoned and takes 14k while Fury takes 22k.

8. Xibo Loyal Player

Tomorrow i will test the damage from Fury itself and from Crystal itself and put the numbers here because both should take the same damage with a little discrepancy in more or less 5% but certainly Fury and Crystal are taking just 1 big hit.
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I have not been able to test it yet because of time ... But one thing worries me seeing your video ...
    I have always tested between cr 166 to cr 178 at the most.
    And I saw you with CR 188 with two healers of the same cr, yet you were dropping a lot of life!
    This really worried me ...
    My life went down like this with the rage in the 175 cr in the test ...:eek:
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Crystal: 60 sec - 3370/s - 202199 - 1 target
    Fury: 60 sec - 4151/s - 249089 - 1 target

Tested on Watchtower sparring target
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Agree 95%. Pebble Blast should be AoE instead of single target. We do not need 2 PI single targe. And you are right about Shards, it is fine as it is.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Very interesting. I have to see the base numbers on abilities to see if Earth's hit harder than sorcery's as that's the only explanation for such a discrepancy.
  14. L T Devoted Player

My tests showed crystal underperforming fury, but not by as much as yours. Might be they're pretty close-- there seems to be a lot of variation on the 10 second parses for both of them. I took 16 samples at the watchtower (about 2 1/2 minutes) and averaged them:

Crystal (powered)
    24.3 k DPS (high 29.8k, low 19.6k)

Crystal (unpowered)
    15.2 k DPS (high 21.7k low 9.5k)

Fury (powered)
    27.7 k DPS (high 32.8k, low 19.4k)

Fury (unpowered)
    11.2 k DPS (high 13.5k, low 9.5k)

Robot Sidekick (unpowered)
    9.9k DPS (high 12.0k, low 7.1k)

The robot sidekick can be powered by offereing and fortify, but doing so tends to lower DPS, since the robot is more likely to shield itself.

Anyway Crystal actually does better than fury when not powered, but lags by about 12.5% using fortify. There's a lot of variability in the data so some of this might be randomness or the need for larger data sets.
    • Like x 1
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Exaclty for that reason that i had prefered to test in that way when both pets use both attacks (hits + powers) because this is what happens when we play and in that case we see that Crystal underperforming Fury without consider that Crystal is summoned with a empty power bar while Fury not. Anyway, i have made another test, always at the Watchtower.

Crystal - 3793/s - 1 target - 30 sec
    Fury - 4417/s - 1 target - 30 sec

If you test again the pets using their hits and powers you will see that Crystal underperforming Fury.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Given the Devs Formula you would think Jackhammer is considered Melee Damage and would out perform a Range Attack(Upheaval).. Inconsistent or nah?
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Thats fine.. It being a lower power cost isnt true to the balance formula as it is a melee dmg. It being a lower power cost + weaker in damage means no one will use it lol.

Increasing the power cost and dmg will also be GREAT FOR TANKS, to get that extra damage for juggling.

jackhammer right now is good dmg on initial hit, but after that its not good, just feels good to spam.. It does about 2-3.5k dmg per spam at a low power cost..

so lets say we spam it 3x EXCLUDING the initial hit at the highest dmg possible(3.5k dmg per spam).. 3.5k x 3= 10.5k.

Now if it becomes a MED power cost it should be somewhere around the 16k-20k for 3 jackhammer spams EXCLUDING the initial hit. Now thats GREAT melee dmg.. Im pretty sure Upheaval is doing alot more dmg.

SIDE NOTE: PETS

More importantly I wish BRICK,CRYSTAL, FURY, ROBOT SIDEKICK, etc, were, MORE AGGRESSIVE when they have power(not Dmg wise).. What i mean by that is, how often they are engagin and attack/aggro'n.. The Constant downtime and pause of your PET just standing there seems useless, and inconsistent.. Now if they want to decrease the dmg to increase how often they attack, IM ALL FOR IT. This will also decrease the FREE BURST PET DMG of 14k-19k to a lower amount to bring in line with other powers.. No other powers have that FREE BURST of 14k-19k out the gate..
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

When I parsed them alone with my might, jackhammer was like 20-21k damage, upheaval was like 30k. So upheaval is like 50% more damage right now. Hopefully they switch them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.