Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think there could be a main PI for every power to work with everything in your "tree", either set up or benefit from it. if they have other power interactions in addition, they should simply work with both of them...

mental: daze and terror could benefit from eachother. or they could fuse into "mind control", targets would get "controlled"
    quantum: space and time belong to eachother, powers should allways benefit from both dilation and graviton charge...
    electro: maybe electifying and polarizing could fuse into charged or loaded?
    nature: poison (terror was taken away for good)
    fire: burn (nothing to change)
    ice: frostbite could get fused into chilled
    rage: cauterization, targets get cauterized
    light: dazzling, targets get dazzled
    atomic: radiation, targets get radiated
    eath: fuse dazed into crushing
    munitions: perforation, targets get perforated
    gadgets: takes the cake. i dont know...
    celest: purification (no change)
    sorcery: enchanted? spellbound? bewitched? jinxed? anything but karma please ^^

makes it easier to combine powers in the loadout and unleashes from restrictions... i guess...
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I just want actual choice. Cause the only pftt that i could do w/out running out of power was me carrying both PI applicators. And i dont understand why we are forced to do that.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These changes are moving to test today:

Quantum
    • Time Bomb:
      • Now benefits from both PIs (Destabilized or Graviton Charged).
    • Einstein's Ray:
      • Now properly benefits from Graviton Charged
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Additionally:
    • A few of you noted a potential bug with Anomaly hitting 8 targets. This is actually intended.
    • Some of you noted issues with power costs in specific rotations, and want to remind that using all/mostly high power cost skills will be problematic. No changes are planned here specifically for Quantum.
    • Many of you discussed (and had contrasting opinions about) Time Bomb, related to it's duration and cap. We feel it is pretty strong already, and that it is intended to hit the cap pretty easily to balance out with situations where you are not able to complete the process. We have changed it to factor in both PIs.
    • A few of you had suggestions for changes to Quantum's PIs or removing one of the PIs. Both PIs have essentially the same suite of ability options, so we're happy with the choices there. Long term, we could consider streamlining PIs for Quantum and other powers, but this is not something we are looking to do in the stats revamp.
    • Some of you also suggested Quantum's SC generator work with both PIs. This isn't how any other powerset works, and not something we are looking to change.
    • Some of you noted that SC seemed better on live vs. test. We think this is generally just untrue, and that a SC basically always improves a DPS loadout/rotation. Let us know if you think you see an outlier there. Beyond that, we may do more supercharge work if it is desired, but we are not planning on it at this time.
    • Like x 2
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

The problem is that everything in the quantum is high-cost! It is not possible to create something like atomic, ice, or even mental!
    Everything is absurd!
    The only way to use PffT is to have two powers ...
    Here I ask:
    Where is that possibility of many loadouts?
    If it is hybrid I will use two powers, if Pfft is two powers ...
    Great possibilities this ...o_O
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Inspiral Waves are pretty cheap and good.
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

great! We have a power within several! I will use only him and be very happy ...o_O
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Those abilities are meant to be your bread and butter while your high cost powers are on cooldown or you ran out of power.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Quantum is no different than many of the others in regards to the power costs (combo power sets excluded of course). Gadgets, Mental and most of the other power sets only have two abilities that cost 100 power, that's the standard. If you want to play from the tray then you have to:
    a) Heavily invest in the Power stat. The bigger your power pool, the more abilities you can use and the faster you will regen your power.
    b) NOT fill your loadout with just high cost powers. The intention is to use 1-2 high cost abilities, 1-2 medium cost abilities, one of which is your supercharge generator, 1 "spam" ability that costs 100 power and a supercharge.

If you are trying to fill a loadout with JUST high cost abilities then you're not doing it right. Sacrifices have to be made for the PftT playstyle to actually work.
    • Like x 1
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Great keep defending!
    This is why the game does not go forward! Because there's always someone who agrees with everything and thinks it's wonderful!
    I tested the powers I mentioned!
    All the powers I have tested in the form of PffT!
    You do not have to holm up as you are!
    Even because even the mods I use power!
    In the atomic I can do a rotation with 4 direct powers straight!
    Same with Ice!
    With Quantum I'll be there between two in the maximum 3!
    And this with 44 thousand of power with 166 of cr!
    And having to use the gun anyway to maintain power!
    While the others I spoke to I never, I repeat I never use weapon!
    So no ... I'm not happy with the way the quantum is! Just because it's Quantum!o_O
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Watch the video in my signature. I only ever used my weapon to block break or interrupt, and I never ran out of power. That is how PftT is supposed to be played. If they reduce the power costs of the higher cost abilities then they will also have to reduce the damage. If they do that then it will just get to the point where all the abilities are the exact same, just with a different skin. Do you really want all the abilities to just be clones with different fx?
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Jafin and everyone else here isn't "Defending" anything, nor are they the reason "the game isn't moving forward" no need to respond like that.

I know Ice for sure has a lot of Low to medium cost powers on test, atomic I'm not sure.

You see in order to convince people that PFTT's power consumption isn't on an even playing field, you need to keep apples to apples here and compare.

The only thing you've told us thus far is that you've tested Quantum, Ice, and Atomic.

It would also be helpful to know What set of powers were you using?
    How many powers are high? How many powers were medium? and How many powers were low? What type of powers are you using for Quantum now?
    • Like x 2
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In the first place the idea of balance is not this?
    And the difference in the end would be who is the best player or not?
    Otherwise there is no "balance" ...
    About watching your video ... You are using something very much like what I did ... and if you notice the vast majority you stay with two powers all the time ...
    This is far from my ideal of what I want for the quantum ... unlike the powers I mentioned that I have achieved an ideal! In case the atomic is even better than this today in the live!
  14. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I'm at my job and I can not give you the table of each power now, but when I'm at home I'll post the comparison of each and you'll see for yourself!
    But most of the powers are between 3 thousand to 5 thousand of spending!
    If I'm not mistaken, only one power is in the house of the thousand!
    But when you're home the data will be much better!
  15. Moja Developer

I've got a handy dandy list of power costs in the original post for your reference ;)
    • Like x 4
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

The concern about the cap on Time Bomb comes more from the fact that it keeps effects that would normally affect all sources of damage from affecting Time Bomb.

For example, if a player's normal rotation hits the cap normally in Controller role, then just changing into the Damage role and performing the same rotation would not actually increase their damage by 10% as Time Bomb's damage is still at the same cap. If a player uses Neo-Venom Boost won't boost time bombs damage, and supply drop +50% boosts won't actually boost Time Bomb.

However the biggest concern comes to Crits.. On live, Time Bomb indirectly crits by using the damage of any powers that crit to load its damage causing it to still scale with city's the same way every other damaging power does. Now on test, if you can hit the cap without critting then you will still hit the cap with critical creating a power that doesn't scale with crits at all.

It would be much better to have the percentage of range used to load Time Bomb lowered and the cap removed to have it hit the target damage range and still be affected by the same damage increasing effects every other damaging power is affected by. I see no manner in which giving Wuantum a power handicapped to damage boosts is beneficial for an update meant to balance powers.
    • Like x 2
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

No response to this that I can come up with. Agreed. If I find a loadout that does high end damage without time bomb, I'd have an argument but as of right now that doesn't exist as far as the loadouts I've tried.
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

time bomb doesnt fit well into pftt rotations. ppl are used to its AM, and expect to much. everyone will put time bomb into theyr loadout and complain they dont have enough mana for it... i dont demand any change, im just saying. time bomb is doing better with hybrid or weapon focused playstyle, if you dont go full into power... i tell you, this will happen ^^
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

i still think time bomb should explode as soon as its cap gets reached...
    this would show players how fast they get the cap and when thinking on activation time...
    i know: fights will now last longer, but the time it takes to explode is still a huge disatvantage!
    well, would that even be possible to change? am i the only one with doubts about that?
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

I can state with absolute certainty that it's max range.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.