Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

so 175 in might?
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

try it out: at any cr, any sp, any mods, you should have never problems to reach the cap. it is very low. i promise :p
    thing is: as much as you raise the cap, as much you raise your attacks for wich you get to the cap. not changing.
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Totally agree, Time Bomb is ok (i´m running with it) but is optional, i guess that´s good.
    • Like x 1
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

PLEASE...make Singularity work in a similar fashion to Time Bomb!!! 6 second duration, any powers used during that 6 seconds adds to the explosion at the end.

I understand you guys are trying to nerf/remove cc effects from DPS... but ever since I made my quantum and screwed around with space tree so much I have always wanted these powers to behave like this.....
    -singularity should just be a 360 pull with no explosion at the end.
    -gravity well should be a 360 pull if singularity cant lose the explosion at end.
    -Both wave attacks should be huge damage since they are so short range.

An alternate way for singularity to mirror Time Bomb without just copying it, would be to make every power you use after Sing make it pulse. Each pulse would send out a 7 meter 360 pull doing a % of damage of the power you used to cause the pulse. For example... Singularity-distorion wave-tachyion bblast. Singularity would damage and pull, dis wave would deal its damage and make sing pulse sending out another 360 pull and doing a % of damage that dis wave caused, then tach blast would hit and do damage. This would create another pulse and % damage inflicted by tach blast.

Basicly instead of saving all damage till the end dishing it out as it is done.
    Just PLEASE do not leave time bomb as the ONLY big damage dealer. That would be the saddest power revamp ever. Its space trees time to shine or at the very least be equal. Just giving us the option to use more powers with Time Bomb is lame. Give us alternatives to Time Bomb. (Like Singularity or Gravity Well). That is my ONLY wish for quantum.
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly. only thing they could change is the time bomb exploding as soon as cap has been reached.
    OTHER THAN THAT: TIME BOMB IS PERFECT BALANCED AND IN LINE WITH OTHER POWERS!
    it sure has a lot of power consumed, but it hits as strong as it should, also compaired by its cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

They're not going to give dps that much cc without the damage being garbage in return, js.
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Alcubierre Wave hits pretty hard and has more dmg potential if it crits than Time bomb.
    • Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

DONT WORRY!
    time bomb is OVERRATED because it was the former AM.
    the cap is in fact so low, you can reach same dammage with any other high power cost / high cooldown power.
    i have tested plenty loadouts so far completely ignoring it with good results... alone the power cost is too high maybe.
    anyways: it is optional for every playstyle, if you know how you can take its drawbacks:

1.) if you PFTT, you can raise its cap by your might. backlash is: you run out of power by its high cost fast and frequently
    2.) if you play hybrid, i guess you profit the most from it: might raises cap, weapon attacks provide enough power to sustain.
    3.) if you try weapons, you will not raise your TB cap by your low might. however: your weapon attacks count towards dammage

it is not OP, you can do fine completely ignoring TB. choice is yours. i will use the finisher instead ^^
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked momentarily while we review the weekend's feedback.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team. Thank you for testing!

General:
    • Many of you noted little fundamental change and the ability to play in hybrid or PftT.
    • There was much back and forth discussion about time bomb's capped damage and duration. We are considering this feedback.
    • There wasn't much comment about how the powerset functions in control role. Please let us know if you have thoughts here!
    Questions:
    • "Description says that time bomb is "capped at a percentage of your might"... not sure what that even means"
      • We think you are probably trying to read too much into this. It means exactly that the amount of damage time bomb can do is capped at a certain percentage of your might.
      • For example, if you had 1000 might and if time bomb was capped at 10% of your might, it would do at most 100 damage.
    Bugs:
    • "Despite saying it deals more damage to Destabilized enemies the normal damage that happens outside of the looping mechanic does not appear to change when an enemy is Destabilized”
      • We are looking into this and several related PI issues.
    • “It appears that Gravity Well is still behaving more like the live version. It benefits from Graviton-Charged, and while the Graviton-Charged effect appears on enemies when it is used on them, powers are not receiving the damage increase they normally get from hitting Graviton-Charged enemies - it wouldn't buff Einstein's Ray's damage or Lift's damage, but Gravity Well does seem to be correctly buffing Inspiral Wave's damage.”
      • We are looking into this and several related PI issues.
    • “Activating time bomb (sometimes) prevent power regen and dammage by weapon attacks for 1 up to 5seconds. go to targets. activate time bomb. immediatly after: spam ranged weapon attacks. try out combos.”
      • We believe this was likely just related to server lag the public test server was experiencing. Please let us know if you continue to see this issue.
    • "I was testing out the CC of Lift earlier and if I had an enemy on their own they never broke out of the CC, only came back down when the effect ended naturally, which meant I was able to keep casting it indefinitely until the enemy died and I didn't take a single lick of damage since the enemy never gained CC immunity."
      • Different NPCs respond differently to CC, so if this was in a solo vs. other NPCs breaking out in raids, etc, this does not seem like a bug. Let us know if you have more information.
    • Like x 3
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They were all Gorgons in Typhon's Monster Invasion. When I had one Gorgon on its own I could infinitely use Lift without it breaking out, but once I had some more enemies around they would break out (casting Lift when the primary target was Graviton Charged). That being said, I didn't check to see if they were all the same type of Gorgon. I know there are different coloured Gorgons but I'm not sure if they're classed as different types of NPCs.

On top of that, I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug but when I used Lift on a Graviton Charged enemy the nearby enemies were pulled toward the primary target, sort of like how the Polarized mechanic draws nearby metallic objects to a target. The bubble animation only displayed on the primary target and the surrounding enemies just floated in the air. I was expecting the effect to be similar to Mental's Mass Levitation, where all the nearby enemies would be placed in a bubble. As I said though, that could all be intentional. Just wanted to bring it up in case it's not.

Ignore that last part, I read the description again and it's intended.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

So the 2 PI thing in dps role is gonna remain? Like i said i feel if we choose pftt we should have the option of going full graviton, full destabilized, or combine both PIs. What was on test over the weekend did not allow for this even when specked into power with sp.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ok so I just went ahead and tested all the CCs as a Controller and I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Anomaly is stunning up to eight targets now though, whereas it used to be four. Probably intended, but I didn't see it in the notes. If it is intended then I actually go back on my stance about keeping Distortion Wave a regular ability and not a supercharge. I'm happy for it to become an SC if the devs want, since I will still be able to stun eight targets with Anomaly.

Also tested all 6 debuffs and they're all working correctly.

I am a bit sad that the Slow CC effect has been removed from Time Shift and Time Bomb. I would have liked if it stayed, even just in Controller role, but if you are trying to minimise the amount of abilities that do CC then I guess I understand.
    • Like x 1
  14. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

This is exactly the point that made me very sad! The power is very good!
    But the costs are far above what is thought to be logical!
    It's almost hopeless!
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, just 5 manned OLYr earlier using quantum troller. Feels a lot like on live, enemies don't stay stunned very long though anymore when using distortion. And that was with 11k+ dominance. Most probably has to do with tank having priority though I imagine. But even when tank was dead seems like adds broke out a lot faster than in live.

Other than that, power out seems good, happy to have an extra free spot in tray. Love using grav abilities to group up adds, makes it really fun to troll. Overall nice job on troll side of things.
  16. supalova20 Well-Known Player

MEPPS, does INSPIRATIONAL WAVE hit at max range? or can anyone answer this please...
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

From what I can remember yeah it does. I'll double check later just to make sure.
  18. supalova20 Well-Known Player

thanks bro i really appreciate the response JAF
  19. BumblingB I got better.

My understanding is that you just have to get to the minimum dom threshold and all stuns behave in a set amount of time based on the NPC profile. Unless I missed a change somewhere, this should still be the case.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.