Stats Revamp 1.5: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I wouldn't want Stone Skin FX, personally. I've always knew when my absorption up without FX since I've been Earth for a long time so I kinda just timed it out in my head, muscle memory as well on top. I can't speak for others though.
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Same with me. I don't need a visual for it but I suppose I don't mind too much if it's something that many people want. There usually are visuals and sounds for those sort of things in the game and that's something Earth has lacked with Aftershock Absorption and now Stone Skin. I found it more rewarding at first mastering the mechanic without relying on a visual though till it became second nature, so I suggest people that really want a visual/noise for it to really consider if it's really a wanted and necessary change.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked momentarily while we review the weekend's feedback.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As an FYI to everyone, we have identified a bug with NPC damage in the latest version of the revamp. As you know, weapons were adjusted/buffed with this pass. Those adjustments also inadvertently also impacted NPCs to the same significant extent.

We'll work on getting that fixed for the next public test hotfix, but please keep this in mind while testing the powersets until this is resolved - particularly as you gauge tanking and healing. Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team. Thank you for testing!

General:
    • Many of you noted you could play with and without pets, and that that was desirable. Great!
    • Most of you noted you felt weak or squishy tanking. As noted in the post above this one, this build had an issue making NPC damage significantly too strong. We're not completely discounting the feedback, but we're going to fix the NPC damage issue and let you retest and restate these concerns.
    • Many of you flat out rejoiced that Earthen Grip is now an AOE pull. Excellent! And more on that below.
    Questions:
    • “The cooldown on Earthen Grip has a slight delay that doesn't make it as quick as other pulls – why?”
      • Great question! We are investigating, but expect to be able to make it match other tank pulls.
    • "Why remove absorption? That was our unique mechanic. I feel like an ice tank without the shields. Some clarification on the intent would be highly appreciated.”
      • Defense is straight-up better than absorption. It's the same thing, except it ALSO works when shields are up. We think what you are feeling here was mostly related to the NPC damage error.
    • "Stone has a 300 power cost for a single target taunt? Why?”
      • Good catch. We will be making this work like other single target taunts and cost 100 power.
    • "Why do we need two PI's again? i mean dazed and crushed, they only limit your possibilities to combine your powers with each other!"
      • Philosophically, a question or suggestion we find interesting. However, in the interest of changing as little as possible from live to test, we have not adjusted this concept of the powerset.
    Bugs:
    • “Jackhammer's duration is not being stated properly as compared to Live's version. The effects window doesn't really show what duration amount you have and it still states it as Absorption.”
      • We are investigating this.
    • “When Brick is summoned, the noise of him summoning is constantly looped and it seems like it doesn't ever end.”
      • We have confirmed this is Moja's fault. He will be punished. (Related to the NPC damage stuff.)
    • "Brick doesn't seem to be showing any signs of transferring damage to himself. I don't see the damage transference FX, I don't see numbers on the log regarding transference as it does on Live, I don't see any changes to Defense (if there's supposed to be).”
      • This also we believe is Moja's fault. He is fixing it right now.
    • “Brick stays alive and active even after switching to another armory that doesn't have Brick.”
      • We wanted to blame Moja for this, but believe this is a live bug. We will investigate.
    • "Stone Skin doesn't appear to be working or is at least not showing as activated within UI. I do not see the shield symbol appear and after I do Jack Hammer I see nothing in the effects tab."
      • We are investigating.
    • “I got regenerative shielding to use with Gemstone Shield. I noticed with casting GS, that it did not give me a heal. I looked in the power description, and it does not even say it is a shield ability.”
      • We are investigating.
    • Like x 7
  6. JohnnyDWellens Level 30

Well there goes my idea for getting a better supercharge for Earth tanking =(
    • Like x 1
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

There's somethings in here you didn't mention and I'll list them
    • I remember asking/suggesting that Earth's abilities that leverage the Crushed PI need a cooldown reduction. It completely ruins the PFTT style with the 4.4 second cooldown.
    • Other Members have also suggested that Pebble Blast becomes an Low-cost AOE Dazing PI Applicator. Right now we don't have any low Dazing PI applicators that spread it to enemies.
    • Other Testers also mentioned that Jackhammer is under-performing compared to Upheaval. This shouldn't be the case, Jackhammer requires you to be more up-front.
    • I also mentioned that UpHeaval consumes a lot more power then jackhammer, not good considering this is our ranged combo/aftershock.
    • Any Thoughts or Confirmations on Fixing/Adjusting these would be appreciated.
    • Like x 2
  8. Cyro Committed Player

Thank you for keeping us informed. It may be more work on your part but myself and im sure everyone else appreciate it, especially the quick rundown of all our issues. However one think i notcied you didnt bring up is envelop aggro drop. Will that be fixed or is it working as intended to be more of a dps sc?
    • Like x 1
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

This entire list made me LOL. Poor Moja, he's a good guy don't punish him too hard please haha.

I will hold off untill the fix to the NPCs and other kinks before I continue testing. Thanks for the speedy response and internal update.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah hopefully all of these are being considered as well.
    • Like x 2
  11. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Can y'all please make using envelop not drop aggro in tank stance?
    Maybe in tank stance it sends out a aoe taunt a few times or something?
    • Like x 3
  12. Aggro Well-Known Player

Pi setup for daze is limited for far range upheaval action for aoe.

Cool down pftt crush load out cool downs are too long.
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I will argue though that Unstoppable and Tectonic Break are your AoE Dazing applicators. They are mid range to melee but they do exist.
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You misread.

Here I'll point it out.

Yes Unstoppable and Tectonic Break are Aoe, but they cost a heavy amount of power to use.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The list above focuses on specifically answering questions, addressing bugs, and big picture thoughts. Every post/comment has been reviewed, and don't need to be repeated (unless you have more to add, etc.). We will share more if/when decisions and changes are made.
    • Like x 2
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So with the comments about NPCs doing too much damage , I find that earth will be top notch when that is fixed. I felt like a squishy ice tank but I was still able to survive. This should mean that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the end of hold block to live. I look forward to a more active role in the game as a tank other than meat shield as earth. As currently on live you have to be very picky about when you let go of block.
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I look forward to your thoughts on the Rumblecrush issue!:)
  18. Moja Developer

I told Mepps he could do that cuz I goofed up big time! :confused::oops:
    • Like x 4
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

While you're here can you say whether or not jackhammer being weaker than upheaval is intended? I'm just looking for a "it's going to be buffed damage wise: yes or no" not a "how we plan on changing it in order to make it happen/fit the rules we have".
  20. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Then the numbers need to be reworked.

Let X be our defense, and Y be our Dominance. In Tank role, our defense becomes X + Y, and effectively 1 point of Dominance is equivalent to 1 point of Defense for mitigation purposes.

Using the gear for the 166 cr box, I get 7091 dominance and 21264 defense, and I get 28355 defense in Tank role.
    Lets take an Atomic tank for example, They get 100% of their defense added to their defense in tank role ( ie 2x ) for a defense of 42528.

Hardly seems equal, but what if we tank into account the extra combo buffs, Stone Skin and Quark-Gluon respectively.

What does the QGA give atomic? 20% absorption and 2% heals whenever they deal damage.

Earth instead gets 50% defense again, for a total 42532 which is now just barely above Atomic's default buff, and will remain so only so far as your dominance >= 1/3 your natural defence. (2x = 3 * ( x + y ) / 2, solve for X)

But what about that Dominance, if you stack stats in Dominance you'd think that that extra defense would put you well above Atomic's defence. Unfortunately, a skill point put into Defence gives you a minimum 100 defence while a skill point into dominance only gives a minumum 80 dominance and since 1 Dom = 1 Defense, its ALWAYS better to put the skill point into defense untill you have spent 175 SPs in Defense.. The exact same 175 sps that atomic could have spec'd into defence for 2x the benefit.

TL;DR Math on the Earth buff sucks. Fix it.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.