Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's because of AM. Targets don't die in under 10 seconds anymore on test.
    • Like x 2
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Sidenote, changes I'd like to see:

1. buff to abilities to that do extra damage from destabilized. across the board, they hit less than those that benefit from graviton charged
    2. time bomb needs to benefit from graviton charged as well otherwise I'm forced to run 2 pi applicators in my loadout. That's a loadout slot wasted.
    3. I'd like to test warped reality being changed to temporarily increase might for the sake of the power cost at 300-400. Time bomb does extra damage from prec moves, but it doesn't gain an increased cap from prec and precision damage is less than might which means time bomb is weaker from the prec version. Either warped reality or another ability needs to temporarily increase might or time bomb's capped damage needs to be a combination or the higher of precision and might. Aka cap = "% prec + %might" or cap = "%might if current might>prec or %prec if current prec>might". Right now quantum keeps up with the other dps powers, but it doesn't build supercharge as fast because the supercharge generator is weak which causes damage loss not only by itself, but also for each time bomb. I'd like the option to have boosted cap time bombs from warped as an alternative to supercharge rotations because it's not viable with current supercharge generator requirements.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i know: a time bomb is a bomb that explodes when the time is up.
    but thats exactly why quantum allways suffers from: time and cap.
    while quantum users should take advantage from time, they get a disatvantage.
    however: if the time bomb explodes when hitting its max potential, it would help...
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

seems quantum is getting hybrid anyways... i would go for the first,
    second would also benefit players focusing on weapon dammage...
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

I haven't had the chance to test much past the initial tests. However, the problem this presents is that the trinket increase in Might and Prec also increases your damage by about the same as the cap, so everything would theoretically hit the cap just as easily. Increases in Might would only help with the cap if you are using Prec-based damage to load Time Bomb, as Might-based damage would increase at the same rate as the cap with a Might increase.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

If there really is gonna be choice for the pftt style then we should be able to choose between a full destabilized loadout/rotation, full graviton, or a combination of both. So far the only 1 of those 3 thats seems to work w/out running out of power is the combination. And thats being specked into a ton of power for all 3.

Its been said numerous times pftt is gonna be a viable option and we want to give players choice and have variety. Please actually do that then. Because quantum on test is currently not that. Forcing players into 1 option for pftt isnt choice or variety. Its cookie cutter. And essentially the same thing as AMs.

And like jafin said above there is no reason to spec into vit as a dps. The passive power regen is based off a % of your power pool.
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

BUG: please help me confirm!
    activating time bomb (sometimes) prevent power regen and dammage by weapon attacks for 1 up to 5seconds.
    testet with different weapons (spamm ranged tapps). this may occur not allways and may last longer or less.

recreate: go to targets. activate time bomb. immediatly after: spam ranged weapon attacks. try out combos.
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Ok, Back on track here....

Is it just me or is the cool down for time bomb a little too long?

Would shortening the cool down from 6 seconds to 5 seconds make a difference or should it go back to 4 seconds?
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm fine with the cooldown,. As somebody else pointed out, adds won't be dying quite as fast as they do currently in the CR differential world that we live in, so (in theory) a group of adds shouldn't be dead before your bomb can explode, if that's what your concern is.
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

technically i need that extra second to get in an extra inspiral waves. I can get like 5 powers in before time bomb goes off normally so lowering it to 5 would technically weaken time bomb but I guess I would get 1/6th more time bombs per minute? Idk how that would work out.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

you reach the cap by one solar flare clipped with tachion blast :(
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

just as i thought: dammage increase is huge by time bomb NOT waisting your power consumption.
    it gets to cap way to fast for its dammage is not worth the activation time nor the power consumption.
    thats my oppinion:
    i would rather like it when time bomb (yeah, i know) would explode as soon as its cap is reached.
    on the other hand: save a loadout slot for it for the finisher and save the power... thats what i will do...

well, it is a power thats not too strong to be a "must have": you can do without. wich is actually good.
    if you like it and use it: it does well, enjoy it! if you dont: good for you... win, win, i guess?
    anyways, i think its power consume is high, and i think it should explode when cap is reached.
    other than that: i think the bomb has a bug wich prevent ranged taps to do dammage and power regen.
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

It is not the time it takes for it to go off really. It was the 2 seconds added to the cool down that makes the rotation off as compared to live. I know things are not going to be the same but I think the cool down is about 1 second to long. I keep getting caught waiting for time bomb to cool off.

I'm trying to put myself in other players shoes that have no idea what really is going on in test with all of the changes. I'm also thinking that players get riled up about not being able to clip .25 to .5 seconds off animations. Now think about adding 2 seconds.

The six second cool down is really noticeable as compared to four seconds and if set at 5 seconds I honestly don't think anyone would notice. If players did notice they would not say much because they can still do the same rotation as live without issues.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

I am for it, make distortion wave an SC, swapping with temporal vortex +++ AGREED!
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

how much might are you testing at??
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

The common rotation I've seen quantum use on live is garbage on test though..
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

For anyone that is testing solos and duos as quantum, I found something useful for you guys possibly. For single target situations, use MA uppercut WM. The 2 tap hold hold combo. Put on time bomb and warped reality. Full prec oly mods, prec neck, full prec and crits in your skill points. Just using time bomb off cooldown after finish the ma uppercut wm with warped reality was giving me like 20-22k on single target and i'm thinking just those two powers shouldn't cost you that much power. since you'll have 2 combos worth of regen to back it up not to mention if you switch stances for pot. For aoe, use rifle tap hold hold for the 1h cleave. If it works, please let me know.
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

tested at 34, 1sp into might, 3sp into handblaster, 1sp into flight, nothing into crits, rest of stat points left out.
    then again at cr100. same amount of sp spend.
    then again at cr166. sp spend full into might. no mods however.
    then again at 189. full might mods olympian + generator.
    actually, mabe it was 2x solar flames >cw> tachion blast.
    but i reached cap sure everytime just by spamming only 3x tachion blast, no matter if PI or not, cap is low.

THATS why i suggest to let the bomb explode when arrived at dammage cap. would help for the sake of it.
    otherwhise, i think time bomb can be ignored just by looking at the power cost alone. not worth it.

also: the finisher doesnt raise the time bombs output. it looks like the dammage done by energy expulsion
    (wich doesnt benefit from any PI btw) would be totally ignored from time bombs dammage loop. intended?
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

189 with 1 sp in might?
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

no. 189: full sp into crits, rest into might, full gear + generator mods olymp. basicly you reach the cap at about half the time for time bomb needs time to explode...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.