Stats Revamp 1.5: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I posted a lot in the discord chat so I'll just copy and paste.

Celestial healing is stronger than Sorcery if played right. You need to use your shield combos. The knockout heals are 4 man bursts. In add fights, Celestial is a bomb *** healer and battle healer so far. On bosses we need help but it's not in too bad of shape.

The values of both variants to consume soul is 13-19 base level. Not bad. Could be better.

Renew and Curse need a boost in strength in their respective combos.

My suggestion for curse.
    Can you make regular curse a 4 man hot?

Please please please Give Wrath of the Presence a burst heal.
    Strengthen the hot of both consume soul variants, raise the ceiling on McB and BcM, and bump the hots up on the divine light variants.
    Blight could use a burst heal as well.

The supers are fine in and of themselves.
    Life drain does well.

I do not like how power hungry the inputs are. I'd rather the middle inputs be 25 power since they aren't doing anything but winding up the next half. It's a channel phase..
    I saw those Power costs in the inputs and my reaction was
    [IMG]

The one redeeming thing is the flexibility we have in stacking and rotating. I can accept that as a playstyle and could be very rewarding and promote strategy.
    I love that.
    I do not like that our burst healing is still a little lacking and that our hots are a little weak.
    It doesn't need too much work on the healing side. Just patches and it's gonna be fine.
    • Like x 5
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I noticed they are trying something "different" with the Controller powersets in StatsRevamp 1.5. The crowd-control effects were removed from the Damage-role versions of several Gadgets/Mental powers to justify damage output increases.

Here are some examples:
    What suggestions would you make for adjusting crowd-control/damage on Celestial?
    • Like x 1
  3. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

Retribution needs to be changed so that it benefits from the power interaction not apply it I would suggest making blight apply the power interaction just like divine light so that we can benefit from applying the dot such as blight or divine light clipped into another power so our power interaction get applied as retribution is our bread and butter for long range fights. I don't like that plague combo divine light feels fairly weak compared to live it seems to have more burst than dots. so far Im feeling forced to use divine light clipped with the weapon buff (which doesn't benefit me because its precision and combos are might based this simply speeds up the animation for me) and using a wrath of presence combo consume soul and using consume soul combo wrath of presence. Im sure there are better combos to use I only got to test this for a small time.
    Take away-
    Retribution benefits from the power interaction instead of applying
    Make the dots from plague divine light combo more similar to live
    as with other combo powers, power is definitely an issue unlike light rage and atomic celestial has inputs during the combo where no damage is being done make squeezing a weapon combo in nearly impossible between moves
    • Like x 2
  4. E Clip Dedicated Player

I would like to be able to clip other powers with Sacred Light, I think it can break up the rotations with that a bit and it will add a bit of depth. Retribution or cWither to apply stun. Right now Sacred Light is the only stun for damage role and imo its not enough. I guess it goes without saying: power consumption is bad and when you start getting interrupted ... not fun at all.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sacred light is considered an offensive power, which is the reason why it's not clip able with anything, unless you do the repair bot super clipping nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  6. E Clip Dedicated Player

My idea is that you can sneak in an extra power before using it for a way to break up the rotations. Benediction and Anoint are rendered useless for most rotations and we need something to clip with. The move has a rather long CD so I dont think its going to be a problem if this move can clip other powers.
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I just don't want to be stuck using retribution spam like the last 3 years. It's good that other combos get a chance to shine for once. Let's not go back to just RcW spam please.

^ my only fear.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I get what you're saying, and yes it would be very beneficial, but they would have to change it completely so it's not an offensive power. They won't allow us to clip an offensive power with another offensive power, right now that's considered "super clipping" and an exploit. They would have to allow that for everything else, which I highly doubt the devs are willing to break that rule. You're right though we don't have anything to clip with anymore, but in my opinion I'm not sure we really need it.
  9. E Clip Dedicated Player

I get that, but I dont know if the SC generators should be treated like other offensive powers, I think these moves need an exception to that rule. They barely do 30-40% of the hard hitters and have very long CD to be abused. Also Celestial isnt like other powers, its clunky in the sense that the animation tails are longer than moves from other powersets. We cant just stick Celest in the same bag as other powersets imo because it works differently and its something that can fit into the design of the powerset since Celestial is all about clipping its powers with other powers anyways.
  10. Realsaiyin Active Player

spord, would it be possible to make the combo consume power instead of the transition? This way we wouldn't be wasting power if we got interrupted.
    • Like x 8
  11. Abra Cadabra Active Player

Is there supposed to be a Power Cost difference between Retribution and Wither?

Retribution is 200
    Wither is 100

I'm just curious if this is intended?
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Bug report:

Corrupted divine light isn't applying the DoT if the glyph is placed directly under the target, it only gets the burst. When the glyph is in range for the target to be effected by it, then it'll receive the dot, but no burst.

Examples: (sorry for shizz quality, took the pic with my phone)

[IMG]
    This is without the burst, when the glyph is just in range to hit the dummy, you see how the dot applies?

[IMG]

Now this one is with the glyph being applied directly to the dummy, notice at the bottom you see the burst from it, but no dot following.

Is this intended? Or is there always supposed to be a dot following the burst?
  13. Simon Phoenix Active Player

Both abilities no longer need to be unlocked in order to use the Celestial Combo

^ This needs to be changed back to how it is now on live.By doing this you are slowing down my playstyle and will make me use unnecessary power.

Example, I use abmonish then consume soul without combo,right away I wanna use my weapon but instead ill be inputting a combo sequence. An unnecessary change to celestial that's not needed since power points are unlocked. Please change it back.
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You can still do that on test. You trippin for damn reason. Get a grip.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The reason it was changed was because there isn't power points anymore. They would have to introduce a whole new UI that would allow us to manually lock certain powers so they can't be combo'd into, and I highly doubt they have much time for that lol.
  16. Simon Phoenix Active Player

I know there are no more points,but if all powers are already unlocked then why is this 'Both abilities no longer need to be unlocked in order to use the Celestial Combo' even stated?
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

For clarification purposes I suppose, people would probably be asking that question if it wasn't stated.
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

For people who start levelling a new Celestial character.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

With celestial i haven't played with it enough on test yet to really be 100% sure what i would like cause i'm testing weapons at the moment but i will def get back to you.

Now as for cc effects in general i was actually thinking last week if all cc was removed from dps if would make trolls and tanks a bit more wanted in stuff like alerts and i'm a fan of that but at the same time some powers would suffer more from cc affects in duos and solos then others so its a tuff toss up. I guess if you really needed some cc of your own in solos and duos you could use weapons if it came down to it and now weapon damage seems good so that wouldn't be to bad if you had to use more weapons in duos and solos. I'm for anything that will make support roles more valuable but i would like to see how it would be like with no cc in dps role before i could say for sure.

What would you think about no cc in dps role? How are gadgets and mental doing with those changes.
    • Like x 1
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I haven't had time to do a proper damage evaluation of Gadgets/Mental yet. I've been busy testing weapon damage, Iconic abilities, testing Celestial combos, and writing down all of the Gadgets that weren't mentioned in the patch notes. Sticky Bomb had its damage division corrected. There were some other subtle changes too.

For solo/duo content, Gadgets players can use Holographic Decoy, Fear Gas, and consumables to keep enemies stunned. You can summon a trinket pet and cast Distract to draw aggro away from yourself. Certain Iconic powers can also be useful for doing crowd-control in Damage role. There are a couple of powers that I have reservations about with the removal of crowd-control effects. Mental is going to require careful evaluation in solo/duo content since it had a larger number of crowd-control adjustments. Removing too much crowd-control makes it annoying to clear solo/duo content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.