Stats Revamp 1.5: Iconic Abilities

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please post any and all feedback related to Iconic abilities here!
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

looking at patch notes, just wondering what was done to the Iconic's cause it just shows they were turn back on, on the notes.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Are yall gonna adjust or remove the Clown Box? The only time Clown Box gets used is if it's done to cheese or exploit some of the content.
    • Like x 1
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

This. I really think it should just be removed from the game already or majorly, and I mean majorly, changed.
    • Like x 1
  5. IamINC Dedicated Player

Is it possible to get a list of changes for the iconics as per the other revamp threads , I am curious as to what they will be doing going forward?
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The power costs haven't been added to the UI, not sure if intentional or not.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll follow up with details. Generally speaking, they were adjusted to fit within the new stat curves without significant functional changes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Pyrometers Active Player

Was hardlight shield cooldown decrease ?
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For all those testing this weekend, for clarity, we will be stopping in a bit to check on feedback tomorrow and Sunday, but we will be reviewing as a team and primarily responding and answering questions on Monday.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'd like to know more about how Amazonian Deflection is supposed to work. Initial testing suggests that it has no damage cap and you can take unlimited damage as long as the power is active. HOWEVER, using Amazon Deflection puts you in a "block" vulnerability state. If you are block broken or hit with a crowd-control effect, you will be knocked out of Amazonian Deflection and lose all of your damage absorption.

Based on my initial testing, the base modifier for Hard Light Shield is 80.6%. It has a 30 second cooldown and 200 base power cost.
    • Like x 1
  11. Maxwill Committed Player

80,6% of 112,5% restoration+ 150% dominance?
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hardlight Shield seems too long of a cooldown (30 seconds) and too short of a duration (6 seconds). Making it a 18 second cooldown Shield with standard duration would be very very valuable.

Also on a side note, Flight's Low Pressure long range multipull still has a 3 second cooldown. I think the long Tank pulls have been adjusted for the cooldown changes.
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

Neo venom is now an SC...
    How much exactly is it buffing your dammage?
    Guess it goes well with earth, for its SC generator is a clippable power: unstoppable
  14. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I have not tested any of these yet. Just in general though these powers are some what "worthless". They cannot be used meaningfully in game play. Be nice if at some point after all the powers are taken care off. The iconic powers could be given their own power interactions and able to work of each other or with other powers in the game. I know there are a few people that would like to dps a pure superman load out etc. By no means should this be worked on now the other powers and stat work should take priority.

More clear information on how these powers work would be helpful. So many descriptions are incredibly vague.

Some different graphic options for robot side kick would be nice down the line.
    • Like x 1
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    how do devs plan (if at all) to adjust legends characters and theyr powers to fit into the revamp?
    it would be tedious (even more than it is now) to do the LPVE feats if the HP of enemies would be higher
    and/or if the cooldowns of legends powers would be adjusted to fit into the rest of the game...
    (as cooldowns are still way to long and also: cooldowns prevent awesomness)

on the other side:
    there is a HUGE amount of powers you could take from legends characters and put it into the iconics...
    did you ever thought about this?
    • Like x 2
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Correct.

[IMG]

It increased my Defense from 19849 to 35728. The +10 Weaponization Skill allows you to pick up cars and buses. The +40% damage bonus was noticeable. It seemed to apply to weapons and powers.
    • Like x 3
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I agree that the cooldown on Hard Light Shield seems too long. 18 seconds seems more reasonable.

Some of the powers are mildly useful depending on the situation:
    • Amazonian Deflection - May provide unlimited damage mitigation for 6 seconds. Could be useful for skull attacks on certain boss fights. This will require further testing.
    • Freezing Breath - Cheap group Frostbite PI applicator. Each second you use it costs 100 base power and it can be jump canceled. Can be useful in certain Ice, Gadgets, and Mental builds. The 12 second cooldown reduces its utility.
    • Gag Glove - Melee-range group Dazed PI applicator. Can be useful for Mental or Gadgets depending on your build. The knockback effect is useful for certain situations.
    • Hard Light Shield - Reduce the cooldown some and this would be a useful shield.
    • Mesmerizing Lasso - Gives tanks a single pull/taunt power.
    • Neo-Venom Boost - The 15 second Defense and 40% damage Boost is useful. That is better than the small crit boosts you see on some other supercharges.
    • Robot Sidekick - Acts as a permanent pet until despawned or blown up. Damage output is in-line with temporary pets. The notes says that is reduces passive power regeneration. I can see this working well in a weapon-heavy build.
    • Like x 1
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

I could be wrong but it would seem the reason for the extended cooldown is because the hard light shield is secondary to each powersets innate shield. Having a two shield loadout for most powers would seem excessive and unnecessary unless you're a tank, and even if you are a tank, chances are you already have additional protective abilities. So, if you had an Iconic shield that matched the cooldown of your powersets built in shield, you could conceivably rotate shields constantly and that might be too OP, defensively speaking.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

That always bugged me with what was live. Right now if they want to update and make useful the iconic and movement powers, they should be on par with a power set's power. Otherwise its just more of the same not so great nobody uses powers.

Gag Glove still sets up the PI? Thats got to be an oversight, since they changed Vortex Cannon to a leverager.
    Robot Sidekick nerfs your regen? Shouldn't that be for pets like Crystal and Fury that have the power feed power with it?
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Gag Glove - 200 base power cost. Sets up the Dazed power interaction. Does less damage than Vortex Cannon.

Robot Sidekick - The nerf is mentioned in the description and a brief test indicates that is the case. For the test, I used Vortex Cannon and EMP back-to-back. I then measured how long it took to refill my power bar. Without Robot Sidekick being active, it took 10-11 seconds to refill my power bar from the moment I cast Vortex Cannon. With Sidekick Robot out, it took 13-14 seconds to refill my power bar from the moment I cast Vortex Cannon. For both tests, I made sure my power bar was at 100% before starting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.