Question about seasonal vendor collections

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ereez, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Ereez Well-Known Player

Ran the events on a few alts and bought 2 each of the 100 clover collections from the seasonal vendor, I'm aware one gives you an aura but I was a little unsure about the other.. its some sort of base item with rewards right? I'm debating on whether or not I should collect them or just sell them a few weeks down the line. Are they worth collecting?
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

It gives a House Leprechaun. You can interact with the base item daily to receive a quest where you run around and pick up coins in your base. It then rewards you with a Green Satchel thingy you open up that may give you the missing collections for the aura.
  3. Ereez Well-Known Player

Ahh okay thanks, I'll probably sell them then
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

I rather like the base item and you can always sell the collections you get from the quest. They drop in price a lot as the days go by though. Either way, enjoy your cash :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Kzinti Committed Player

I walled in my House Leprechaun so he can not run around and drops all the coins in the same place :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Stark23 Committed Player

Is the other collection just a rare one for the aura or what?
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yes.

That's what I did too after few days of running around my base. Was fun at first till it started bugging out with my other base items and taking way too long to complete.
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

So you'd still have to get the base Lep one to finish it off anyway?
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

You need the House Leprechaun to do the daily quests to receive the collections for the aura. However you can also buy those collections off the broker or trade them with friends. One of those collections for the aura can only be bought from the vendor to finish the whole collection. You don't need the House Leprechaun if you've got the money to buy it off the broker but I'm rather happy with my purchase :)
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive had this happen too. He gets super buggy. Lags and teleports. Also he sometimes drops a coin u have to pick up right on the portal to leave your base. Twice i left my base trying to grab it :confused: I really have to question how that happens. Why wouldnt something be done so he wont go near that door?
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Ok. So I'm very confused right now. I bought the 100 Crown item expecting it to give me a Leprechaun in my base but when I collected the item it says 1/12. Did I just screw myself over and get the wrong one? I was told the Leprechaun was the second 100 clover item.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Yep. And I did the same thing. :(

All of the other seasonal totems (cat, penguin, crystal) were all PURPLE pieces.
    Regular collections have always been GREEN pieces.
    For some reason it was REVERSED this time.
    It makes no sense and there has been no dev comment on why this occurred.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aquilon Frost Level 30

It was introduced in Valentine event to have a house item dropping the 12/12 rare aura collection notes. In this case it's a house leprecaun, I don't know about the crystal being purple, as I didn't bother with the valentine aura. I for one like the litlte bugger runs around, but am just a bit miffed he drops useless crap like chocolates and clovers that are useless. 100 db and he drops ****.. mm.... not that super great. Not even sure if it's worded in the text on him that he can drop useless things.... wonder if it would hold in court.
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

The first one is the Leprechaun whilst the second one is one of the collections for the aura.
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yeah, I'm sorry. The house Leprechaun is the "One Nice Emerald" the first collection. Sorry man. If you have an alt you can trade the collection to the character you want the Leprechaun on though.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

we need to make it so if we smack mxy with our shillelaghs he drops all his coins at once.
  17. Myoxz Well-Known Player

It's easy. If you buy the Collection of one, it'll send you a mail with a Mr. Mxyzptlk attached so you can put it on your base. Day after day you can do the leprechaun mission (even after the event ends). As a reward, it'll give you a "prize satchel". That prize could have several things. One of those things is the collection of 12 parts that rewards you with an aura. The catch is that the leprechaun will give you 11 out of the 12 parts. The 12th part it's the one you bought with you 100 clovers.
    I hope I made myself clear (English is not my mother language).
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Does he wet himself, catch on fire and then die? :O
    [IMG]
  19. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I put my house leprechaun in a dive base with four penguins, four pengbots, two teekls, a mischievous brief, the speaker and a sparring target. The pengbots attack the sparring target and are in turn attacked by the teekls and the leprechaun (who puts them in a little globe of light). The leprechaun drops bundles of clover on everybody. The teekls attack the brief. The penguins follow me around. The speaker plays soothing music that is drowned out by all the other creatures.

In short, it's a little zoo.
    • Like x 2
  20. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Did anyone else think the wording on the collection was misleading? Many of us thought that while you could only collect the daily mission once, that one toon could have multiple House Leprechauns per base or even in other bases for the same toon.

Turns out, after I bought my 2nd and 3rd, that this is not the case.

The note on the collection is as follows:

"Once per day, a House Leprechaun will odder a mission tot he owner of the lair or hideout in which it is placed.
    Only one gift can be accepted per day regardless of the number of House Leprechauns in your lairs or hideouts"

This, to me and others, read as having the ability to have multiples but only having the daily missions once. The Misc Briefings, the Teekl and most recently the Penguins allowed players to have multiples.

Seeings as I spent actual $ to buy Clovers to be able to buy them, I can assure you I am very upset and would like to suggest they allow multiples in same base.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 2