Electricity dps help

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iAquamanJLA, Mar 23, 2017.

1. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I'm currently a sorcery dps but I'd really like to go meta, since my mentor is superman, but from what I've hear electricity isn't as good as sorcery. Is that true and if not, can anyone help me with a loadout?
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

It's true and no loadout will change that.
    • Like x 3
  3. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Should've waited for a reply before I changed my power
    • Like x 1
  4. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

How about gadgets?
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's still a great healing power. It's much easier to heal with than Sorcery, imo. Right now, on the test server, people are saying it's tops; so you might not want to spec away just yet.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Gadgets is good. And i'm sorry you wasted a power change token before learning about Electricity's ongoing problems. There's a revamp currently going on that will reverse its current fate, but there's no eta on when it'll drop.
  7. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I've heard that, but the problem is that I have dps gear for vr 170 and my healer gear is only 164
  8. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I'd like to try gadgets but I really want to go meta, and unless I incorporate super speed into that then that really isn't possible
  9. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

How about atomic?
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The best thing is to read a guide (powerset guides are here), create an alt character, level it up, maybe go through a couple of tiers and, if you're lucky enough to get players at-tier, you'll get a good sense of a power and how it works.
    • Like x 1
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Atomic is considered on-par with other powers as far as damage. In tank stance, people love it not only because it's fun and has a lot of choice, and is active (know your counters), but also doesn't use much power and does a lot of damage while playing the role stance.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Build some alts, and find a power you enjoy. If you're lookin' for great DPS, right now look into Mental, Ice, Earth, not necessarily in that order.
    • Like x 1
  13. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I changed to atomic, any tips?
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Gear matters more with Sorcery for healing, imo, because of the amount of passive healing (eg: circle, well, pet), which are directly tied to your stats, rather than how fast you can heal with active heals (eg: Rejuvinate, RitWord, IoR).

Electricity is more active heals and power interaction. Here's my nutshell on the topic:
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Electric and the words DPS don't go together these days
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I appreciate your support of the game. I wish I had 20 bucks to throw around without much reservation.

Here's something someone posted today on the subject. I haven't watched the videos, but they have appropriate titles.
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

Those are basic Atomic DPS loadouts and rotations. The Kaboomba is probably the best, yet hard pretty tough to do in live.

Sorry to hear you bounced on Electric, yeah it suck (my #2 toon is E heal and DPS) but so much fun and visually appealing. Good luck to you with atomic. Tank is amazing and DPS is solid
  18. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Ok, I've been playing as atomic and honestly I'm not doing as much as I did as sorcery, but I'm pretty damn close. All in all it's one of my favorite powers to play, besides light. I'm averaging around 300k damage on the sparring target, but that's pretty much only like 3/4 of how I did as sorcery.
  19. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

Electricity DPS is bad at the moment but its so much fun to play with. i made a alt during the skip to cr100 was launch and right now it cr164, and yes when i go into raid my damage is rubbish but that does not mean i need to change my powers. once the revamp happen all this will change.

I have done BD, BN, BBS, PBn, DWFn without any complain. its a matter of how you play.
    next target it KCT
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Atomic will out perform sorcery with practice... the combos are the better option they take more skill but they do pump out the most damage... there is an atomic thread in the oracle section of this forum that has a ton of info there are a few people that still play and use atomic there its just not an active thread cause pretty much what there is to be said has been said on atomic .... id suggest going to that section and reading up on it and ask any questions you are unsure of