Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh, and I second the idea of a fur-type material, though I guess i'd have to see how realistic it looks. It could be an awesome idea.
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

i wont tell, except i get promised if i do so, it would NOT get put in yet another TC or BB.
    if you want to put something in the MP, why not start with adding phoenix and void skins?
    oh, and if materials could be used for parts of gear, instead of the whole piece, that would help!
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    since it is allready in the game, using your character model with whatever gear you choose to display:
    how is it even possible that the materials used on the league halls statues (gold, silver, bronce, and 2 others)
    are not allready on the MP? sure, they might not be as catchy as the TC and BB materials, but since they EXIST,
    just why are devs not put them at least on the MP, so ppl who would like them (even if not perfect) could buy them?
    the statues give me the impression that it would not even be much work for devs to make them materials...
  4. spedog Active Player

Any type of green or emerald aura that is the same color as the ring flair. Or the ability to turn off the ring flair all together if we want
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

I really like your ideas for the new auras starting with Killer Frost, but I wanted to ask why can't those effects go down the side of the legs? I think it would look so much better. I personally think the Killer Frost Aura how spikey it is would look even better with those spike things stick out from the side of your legs. Keep up the good work :D
    • Like x 1
  6. PBCF Active Player

Oh, Oh , I don't know if it could be done but for Halloween I would literally LOVE to have a Halloween Spider Aura to where it looks like spiders possibly tarantula's or some sort of spiders crawling all over your toons body, I love spiders they are so cute. For just a regular aura have possibly lava dripping off of you maybe a Lava Trail Aura, instead of it being a full solid aura , make it look like it's literally dripping off of the character's entire body maybe even leaving a little trail behind the character with little lava footprints where ever they walk but when you stand still a puddle of lava forms at your feet, then another one I've thought of is having little crows fly around you , if you're a fan of the beautiful Raven, like myself, have a Raven Crow Aura to where you have crows flying around you 4-6 hovering behind your back following you when you fly & then to where they fly around you when standing still and one land on your shoulder. My absolute hands down favorite that I would love to see & have would be a Raindrop Aura / Zues's Lightning Rain Aura, have a little thundercloud above your toons head that rains on you & while your flying leaves a slight trail of rain behind you & have lightning strike your character if you stand still for w short while, but when standing still a puddle forms below your feet like with the lava one I suggested. ( I would love to have something like the raindrop aura for my toon ) . Oh my goodness I have so many more I have written down on my nerdpad that I want to share , but it's in my car & it's pouring down rain, so I'll have to post more tomorrow or if the storm lets up I'll post more tonight :)
  7. spedog Active Player

Auras without a set color we could adjust at will
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

OK, here are a few ideas I like, let's see if I can get these pics to work.
    [IMG]
    I think materials would be cool if they were more comic book-y. Not sure if materials can alter your gear's appearance or not, like these. (left to right: Enhanced outlines, watercolor, half-tone)

[IMG]
    Here are a few more: (left to right) blurred, psychedelic, dark colors

And these ideas are just for fun, but maybe not for everyone
    [IMG]

Some kind of Japanese Manga inspired style.

[IMG]

Tropical, shoulda picked a female toon.

[IMG]

Graffiti, would be cool if it were superhero inspired i think.

[IMG]

Lava, for fire toons. I'm all for materials specific to the power sets like someone else mentioned.
    • Like x 3
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

And here's an aura idea I like.

Just the bottom white part of the transporter. I think it would be cool to have a pulsing energy aura like this. White is awesome, but I'm sure other colors would look cool too.
  11. L33 Developer

@Shark Dental Awesome paint overs :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Wouldn't it be better to fix all the old and existing auras first, as in covering back styles like wings?
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks, lol. I hope I didn't infinge any DCUO copyright laws. Lol.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Here's another aura that exists in game. I'm not saying give us the exact same aura. But I was wondering if a sperical type of aura similar to this one is possible to do. Or if there is some reason you shy away from them (worrying players get confused with the healing shields or something similar?). I love it.
    [IMG]
  15. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Gleaming material
    [IMG]
    Astral material like af1 weapons
    • Like x 1
  16. IwasHu7ch New Player

Can't believe no ones asked for a Super Saiyan aura :eek:
  17. L33 Developer

then i would expect everyone to dress the part! :D

@Shark Dental yeah that comes across to me as a 'shield' then a aura around the character
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Only just noticed there was a thread for this specifically.

Auras:

Aurora Aura (Northern Lights around a player) (Winter Seasonal?)
    A Radiant Aura that continually changes colour
    Disco Aura

Materials:

Diamond Material
    Aqua Material
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Also auras/materials for base items.

I love using VFX base items like Gorgon Altar (Aflame), Steaming Cauldron, and the base pets. Definitely room for more of this :)
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Also something like this would be nice.
    TBH none of the Lantern type auras really look right
    I mean here is the slim green
    [IMG]

When I think most would like something like this
    [IMG]