Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Korvyne Committed Player

I like the idea of power specific auras so anything going in that direction.
    What I also thought was something like the power/shield earth has, where the crystals rotate round you(no idea the name).
    Or
    A rain cloud raining on you aura
    Or
    Something like the ghost aura with different faces or symbols.
    • Like x 3
  2. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Reactive auras that activate when a character takes damage, or when a character attacks
    Eye auras definitely. Different types of energy like fire, electricity, Kirby Krackle.
    Hand auras, just like the eye auras.
  3. DarkAya Dedicated Player

As people mentioned above, I'd like to see some electrifying, speed force aura.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

How about a 3rd option...

Color palette texture option... Add a drop down box below the color selection box for texture.

Like instead of just blue...

Blue/zebra
    Blue/camo
    Blue/ leopard
    Blue/vert fade
    Blue /horz fade
    Blue/vert stripe
    Blue/horz stripe
    Blue/ polka dot

This would really change the dynamic of all of the gear styles old and new.

We could really do a lot with this...
  5. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

- Power based Aura's/Material (such as Fire, Ice, Earth, Water. Sorc, Quantum, etc)
    - Prismatic Plasmic/ Nimbus/ Smoke/ Radiant/ Glimmering Aura's/ Materials
    - Metallic Materials (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum)
    - Water / Bubble Aura - Water Material
    - Digital Aura (Meta Controlled Bizzaro, Power Girl, and Supergirl already have these auras on while Brainiac Controlled)
    - Possessed Aura (Raven possessed by Trigon has this aura on her while she is being controlled)
    - White Lantern Misted Aura
    - Indigo-1 Indigo Aura / Slim Variant
    - Black Plasmic Aura
    • Like x 3
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Matrix aura. Green falling letters/numbers.

Strobe aura. Colored strobes. Multi-color strobes.

Zipatone material.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for you. :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I posted my Material suggestions in the previous linked thread and second everyone's suggestions there.

For auras, I want Lodestone's (both the magnetic one and the flashes on both sides of the face) -
    [IMG]

Firestorm's hand atoms -
    [IMG]

Question's billowing smoke (not like the outline smoke's we have now - more like Halloween's temp aura) -
    [IMG]

Shade the Changing Man's Distorted look -
    [IMG]

Water bubbles like with Aquaman and Aqualad -
    [IMG]
  9. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Every once in a while I get passed by someone with some kind of electrical effect and fora few seconds after that I'm covered in blue static electricity like ZOOM....
    What is that?!?
  10. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Not sure if it could be done as an "Aura/Accessory" per se, but considering you's are looking into alternates like the Killer Frost one, how about a "Distortion"? Like Reverse Flash in the CW flash show? That constant vibrating menacing look for speedsters. I think that effect was on the Central City Trinket Transformation and a slower version of it is Speedsters "Phase Dodge" movement skill.
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Would it be possible to update materials to be assigned to a single color channel in gear instead of being all or nothing on a piece of gear? This would really open up options for customization, especially if we start getting more materials in the game.
  12. IceRaider Dedicated Player

They keep asking for things that make them money yet doing nothing for water powers, in game lag/server instability. You all should be done giving them more than money for a sub til they provide a better quality game. But I know that won't happen so I'll continue spending money and time on a better quality game called Final Fantasy XIV.
    • Like x 2
  13. C3alix Committed Player

Tracers! Forget auras, let us run, jump, and fly around with a type of light tracing our every move! Think of the lights that follow the Tron bikes.

I'm gonna keep asking for it them until you say they'll never be added to the game!
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I did some looking last night, and it might not all be Dcuo's fault, as least for PS players. I was having a lag issue last night, so I did a speed test on my laptop and everything looked good (low ping, 70 down, 6 up), then I did a network test on the PS4 and was getting 10 down, 2 up using the same wireless network. I did some quick research online, and it looks like there are issues with some ISPs connections to PSN. I'm going to be looking at this closer, because I keep having issues there. If there is a workaround on my end, I'll take it, otherwise I'll be complaining to my ISP.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

would they be stuffed in a box you might get if you open the right box...or could I buy these honestly...is hosing me with dazzling crap Ill never even get supposed to make me forget the lack of content this game now has and the non-pace being used to fix its broken parts. Latest update and suddenly the Flash keeps demanding I use the speed force to help victims...but he wont give me the speed force to do it anymore...how the heck did you manage to break a mission thats never been broken before...overtime!!?? anyway..."cool auras"...how about auras that actually do something like a red aura that helps Rage players...green/yellow helps those lanterns...plant surrounding nature aura helps nature...you become a dog your aura becomes a pack surrounding you...how about auras that do things...I know..."too much work""...
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

A aura that makes head invisible like gentleman ghost or something,a speedforce aura that comes in different colors,a "wet" material makes thing look wet.And as I said a milion times now :Bat Aura! :)
  17. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

The auras and materials I'd like? Marketplace ones please...
    • Like x 2
  18. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Lost of things are already in the game that should be auras:

The floaty rainbow effect that are around exobit nodes

The fire that is in sconces/braziers around the game (purple fire in WT magic wing for example) should be offered in all colors

Power related ones (I'm not sure of the name of many of them) like the full body aura effect that Atomic gets (make all colors), and the ball of swirly red that sorcery has, ice's chill effect, etc

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting
    • Like x 1
  19. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

+1
    • Like x 1
  20. L33 Developer

wow so many suggestions! Thanks everyone for inspiring me :D Keep them coming! I'm documenting them all.

Snow OwI: invisible aura has 1 issue, people would call "hacker!" a lot!

Telos Usr: distortion would be cool.

MsTickle Fate: I experimented with a matrix aura, it just didn't look good around the characters.

Proxystar: I'm sure everyone could use a money aura in the real world ;)

For those inquiring about a Bat aura this something you were referring too?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4