Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Do you have an idea or suggestion for a material or aura you would like to see wearable on your character? Let us know!
    • Like x 13
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Metallic and matte materials would be good to open up combo options for old styles that just don't work together right now.
    • Like x 5
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'd like to see an eye aura like Darksied has in DWF and maybe materials based on some of the auras like the original Plasmic Aura but I want to see them in the marketplace not in another 12 part collection in a time capsule. IN THE MARKETPLACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 6
  4. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I really love the aura Scarecrow has when he taunts you in Arkham and the sewers. I would love to see that available for players, it's a super tippy effect.
    • Like x 1
  5. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Power related auras and/or materials.

Fire
    Electric
    Quantum ect...
    • Like x 16
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I posted this in the "Costume/Style" thread a while back, but this is a better fit.

Here are some ideas for new skin and material items for the market place. Since we have Cosmic material and skin (vanguard of the heavens), it looks like it might be easy to transfer certain styles between the two.

First, make materials for the skins we already have
    Fractal material
    Plaid material

And make skins from two recent materials
    Phoenix skin
    Void skin

Then make skins and materials for each power set
    • Ice, use flash museum: ice poster as a starting point [IMG]
    • Fire, use flash museum: fire poster as a starting point but use more than just one flame [IMG]
    • Earth, a 3D image similar to [IMG]
    • Atomic, I would suggest something similar to the Quark Gluon Aura, but that may be a bit confusing during game play
    • Sorcery, possibly something like this from the Hand of Fate character select screen/raid start points/Sentinels of Magic Citadel[IMG]
    • Nature, [IMG]
    • Electricity, some kind of storm clouds like this[IMG]
    • Celestial, Either one skin/material that represents both the blessed and cursed trees, so depending on the angle you are looking at it looks blessed or cursed or a mix. Or one for each like with the weapon pack. Possibly all three, so if someone only wants the blessed side, they could have that, but if someone wants the mixed version they could have that too.
    • Water, the skin is currently available during the summer seasonal. Make it available year round with the launch of the power and create a material to match.
    • Mental, make a skin/material out of the phantasm form from mass hysteria [IMG]
    • Gadgets, [IMG]
    • Hard Light/Rage, My thought here was something along the lines of what you did with the weapon styles, Make one for each Lantern Corps, and it would be something like a 3D image of the Central Power Battery on each Corps home world
    • Quantum, how about something like the texture on the floor and walls here [IMG]
    • Munitions, [IMG]

Some other materials that may be nice to have from skins we have (from in game vendors, so the materials might be nice to be in game as well instead of the marketplace). Some of these may be more challenging to create and make look good though.
    Chrome
    Crystalline
    Demonic
    Glowing
    Lava
    Mummy
    Plant
    Reptile
    • Like x 6
  7. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

An aura that resembles the electricity around the feet of the speedster movement mode. In multiple colors. Solar is close, but no cigar.
    • Like x 2
  8. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

Battle damage.
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]

semi - Lightning
    • Like x 7
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

Echoing some of the already stated ideas.

Auras:
    -Glowing outline like the Lantern npc's have

Materials:
    -Moss
    -Tree bark
    -Chrome
    -Dented, rusted metal
    -Water
    -Tintable glow
    -Fire
    -Ice
    -Crystalline
    -Scale/reptilian/leather
    • Like x 3
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

-Fire aura that uses the same graphic as the Fire powerset, except that it's the whole body.

-Electric aura that crackles across the body (somewhat like the Flash themed iconic gear does, except more of them)

-A ball of light or 2 (or 3) that zip around the character forming the atomic symbol

And now for something different...

-2nd Aura slot so we can combine auras

-Area-specific auras, like lightning coming from the eyes, smoldering fist, etc.
    • Like x 8
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I want the bat aura. The one legends batman has when he slams the ground and the bats come up and fly around em and then away. Convert that into an aura. Its already in the game.

An energy armor material. A metal material. A magic material with runes all through it. Plasma aura or material.

Power based auras. Like the leaf aura for nature or a fire aura or the animation for ice with the frost falling off your body as the ice aura. Power themed auras are LONG overdue.

A pixel aura. Radioactive aura or material. A smoke material. A raindrop aura, similar to the rose petal aura that drops from head to toe but with raindrops. Obviously this would go well with water.

A ghost material. Like the skin of the ghost adds in the halloween event. A fireworks aura. A gadget aura where screws, springs, bolts, nuts fly all around your toon. Will post some more ideas later.
    • Like x 5
  13. Extinction Active Player

None that is only attainable through short-timed RNG components & must be Gambled for (in Booster Gold Boxes/TimeCapsules/NewUnfair&UnguaranteedMethod). Sell legit through the ingame MarketPlace.
    • Like x 18
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Someone recently posted something a battle worn material. And i love the idea. The swag bag supes, WW, and batman emblems is kinda like that. Those emblems have a worn affect. Transfer that affect to gear. Maybe have some cracked, ripped, and torn gear. Maybe dented or crushed gear with a burned rusted look. Maybe even add some blood and cuts to the skin underneath the torn away gear. Something like this below. And make it so we can tint the color of the blood and cuts. That way people could have lanterns bleeding green or yellow lanterns bleeding yellow or alien like toons bleeding whatever color people choose.
    [IMG]

And i agree with what was said above. We dont want any more materials in time capsules. Sell them on the MP or let us earn them ingame. I doubt u will ever put em ingame as an earned reward so MP please. Let us buy the item we want instead of buying a chance at the item we want.
    • Like x 9
  15. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Energy armor (elite) material.

Cherry blossom aura, lightning aura in various colours.
    • Like x 2
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

A vibrating aura. The same vibration that the CC trinkets activate.
    • Like x 5
  17. Maxwill Committed Player

Fiery Aura.Green,Red and Blur colours.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Cerebral to match the existing Weapon Style.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

20. mexmex Dedicated Player

there are so many I can think of, but since most likely those will be put behind time capsules or alike stuff, why bother then? I will never gonna get it, just like the materials already in game, selected for a few ones, or the auras from the last two capsules or the event.

So none thanks. I prefer not to have the cool stuff, tthan have it only for THE BIG expenders
    • Like x 3