Put common materials in Lockboxes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Do you guys think this is a good way to help boost lockbox popularity as well as give people who aren't fortunate enough to obtain the time capsule/bundle materials a chance to mess around with them? By common materials I mean the basics such as:

Metallic
    Leather
    Gold
    Silver
    Bronze
    Steel
    Cotton
    Stone

Stuff like that ^ I think it would help bring life to lockboxes and give reason for people to purchase keys or sub to open them.
    • Like x 21
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Lol cotton but yeah I wouldn't mind these amongst other improvements to the Lockboxes. Probably won't happen for a very long time since they don't make money off of them.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lol cotton was just me quickly brainstorming.

If they want lockboxes to make money, they need to give a reason for people to want to open them. Devs have a bad habit of just simply abandoning things that don't turn much of a profit instead of finding ways to improve it so that it does
    • Like x 4
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd go for that, but what about rock/concret like the stone effect you get turned into when in GOM or UT?

something else is, why cant my bug form get covered in the materials but can be covered in the stoned effect in UT/GOM while in bug form?

Makes 0 sense to me.
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I want a Chemo material. A color changeable swirl. And inside the swirl are little familiar items floating around. A batarang, WW's tiara, Superman's insignia, Aquaman's trident, etc...
    • Like x 3
  6. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Style tokens, lets you walk up to any vendor and buy a piece of gear but u only get the style, not stats. Counts Toward style feats.

4-5 random base items to choose from entire game, equal chances, update every episode to include newest items.

Maybe just way bigger mark reward like 5-10 (Maybe 1 automatic and 5-10 extra would be a loot choice.

Seasonal points as a choice x10 (Random season, or towards current/next only)

Ancient Coins and any other episode currency.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think you can get Wonder Woman's tiara in gates, it's a rare drop on the 3rd boss. I got Circes crown from there so I assume it's the same on the hero side just with WW instead.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well guess this is now an official "ways to improve lockboxes" thread, I'm fine with that :) They need ideas anyway
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

You get rewarded with a quest I believe and the quest reward can be chosen to either be the WW or Circe version from what I remember.
    • Like x 2
  10. r0kX1n9O4quzdJi Well-Known Player

That's correct,you get to choose which 'version' to get,if she is just after the tiara and is not willing to rely on RNG her best bet is the broker for a alternative http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Crown_of_the_Noble_Warrior
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

only way I see them doing this and I would have to agree tbh, is if it didnt count towards the style feat as its taking a extreme short cut.

Hell theres the rare vendor and the other vendor like that 1. Only styles but Im guessing the price is to high on those vendors or you simply want top tier styles without having to obtain the actual gear like God Fell ect.
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Great idea but honestly I'd be happy with what they put in the lockbox cause that's been deserving a proper update for a long while now.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

This would require them to fix lock boxes that are free to legendary. They won't do it because lock boxes were unsuccessful.

What?

Yes, I AM salty.
    • Like x 2
  14. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

In office hours, I suggested Leopard or Tiger prints as materials, so we could do a jungle-themed character using existing styles -

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I wouldn't mind seeing them pop up in lockboxes.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Could be a good way to go, but there'd be a part of me wondering what that might do to the loot tables related to the Lockboxes.

Even if they used it as an opportunity to weed out some of the more commonly available styles that show up in Lockboxes (Necromancer and Voodoo were mentioned in another thread), I'd have to wonder if it would leave enough room for adding a bunch of new Materials. On top of that, any of the Materials they've added have been hard to get, and if they kept that frame of mind they could be made as tough-to-get items with drop chances similar to other rare items.

And I know it was kind of a "spitballing ideas" kind of thing, but looking at that list the devs could keep them rare just by condensing things from that. For example, Metallic could encompass Gold, Silver, Bronze and Steel (especially since we can apply color to Materials). So you could do a list of Metallic, Leather, Cloth (those were three options to apply to costume pieces in CO), Stone and Tiger/Leopard prints and have common Materials added but still keep them as rare/tough-to-get items in the game.

And just to add my own two cents, maybe a battle damage Material? They did something like that in SWG and it worked pretty well.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Top right shows the regular version of the armor, bottom shows it with the Battle Damage applied.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Then we would need some kind of odd duo event to earn prom box keys and many many other items would need to be added to prom boxes so there is like 1000 items in the loot table. The materials would need very low drop rates. Then they could make prom boxes drop like every 20-30 mins. Oh wait....:p

Add swamp material to the list. Trust me ;):p
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I love the idea of a battle worn material. Injustice did skins like that. Tbh i dont think dcuo could pull it off as a material. But again, its a great idea imo.
  18. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Way to fix lockboxes?....make them drop more often......
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

How would that make them more popular though? That just means we'd be getting useless crap more frequently. Not really a smartassery comment either, just curious on your PoV.
    • Like x 1
  20. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Well right now, i go days without seeing a lockbox drop...and right now i still need the styles/feats/etc that drop out of them because they dont drop alot.

I am all for them adding more styles to lockboxes but i also want them to drop more often.