Stats Revamp 1.4!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubsarb Level 30

You pulled what I said about risk vs. reward completely out of context. This is a dangerous thing to do as it completely distorts what I wrote and twists it into something entirely different. I will paste what I wrote again since maybe you read the risk and reward part and jumped to an entirely different conclusion. The risk vs. reward comment was putting skill points into power, as opposed to might or precision. Right now, it is more beneficial to not play from the tray if you want to achieve consistent, competitive DPS.

From earlier post:
    "The risk vs. reward of PFTT is being at the mercy of the trolls and skill points are specced into (majority) into power, with less points specced into might/precision. The trade off here is less damage output per ability, but more abilities can be cast. This is not the case. I have a couple ideas that I think would help. Please let me know your thoughts."
    • Like x 2
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

Is it just me or does it sometimes take two button presses to open up a menu now (like inventory, traits, loadouts, etc.)? This only started happening for me since the latest update.
    • Like x 4
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

that's right, either two short taps on a button or a very long hold of a button
    • Like x 1
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm quoting CrappyHeals from the Rage thread here because the topic of skinny cone AoE's is something I've been wanting to talk about, and it affects many abilities across different powersets in the Stat Revamp.

Spord mentioned in the Light thread that all abilities have had their AoE sizes "normalized" such that "long cones are skinnier than short cones" and "ranged spheres are 7 meters."
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-4-light-feedback.284698/

Now, I have to say, skinny cones are really damn skinny. You can't hit all 8 sparring targets in your League Hall with them, and you sometimes can't even hit all 3 League Hall dummies as Crappy demonstrated. There are many abilities in the Stat Revamp with this skinny cone AoE such as Ram, Impact, Fan, and Shockwave just to name a few. The sheer number of skinny cone abilities in the game suggests to me that the Devs consider long, skinny cone AoE's to be equivalent in usefulness to 7m ranged spheres.

Now I understand that long, skinny cones actually do cover quite a large surface area, but in actual content I just don't think they can be considered as strong as 7m ranged spheres. In practice (especially with a tank), mobs are much more often going to be clumped together in a circle rather than lined up like dominoes in front of you.

On Live, most skinny cones had been eliminated over the years after the community complained about them. But now they're back again and more prevalent than ever, unfortunately. I strongly feel that the minimum width of a cone AoE should still allow you to hit all 8 sparring targets in your League Hall while aiming at the middle target from long range. Otherwise, powersets with a higher prevalence of 7m ranged spheres are going to have an advantage over powersets that are stuck primarily with skinny cones.
    • Like x 1
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Agreed, You can really notice how many targets your missing when your in something like oly with how many adds there are and how spread out they can be even when the tank is trying his best to clump them up tightly.

Like in this vid here with ram and fan i can't hit all the targets at point blank targeting the middle dummy and thats crazy. I should be getting rewarded for melee damage not punished like you are cause of cone with with some abilities. Even when backing up if not targeting the center add you still can't hit all the dummies till you fall back out of mid-range.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Heres something else i've been thinking about.....Role-less buffs. Man in the UT alert the healing buff is so strong you would think your not even taking any damage. Now i don't know how others feel about these buffs but i don't like them one bit and think they should be removed.

I'd like this update to encourage more actual groups like 2 dps, 1 healer, 1 troll or cut it down to 1 dps and a tank if needed. Not 3 dps and a troll, thats a bad design in my opinion and just allows for brainless steamrolling of content.
    • Like x 6
  7. Klear Kut New Player

Erm... You do realise that a cone is... cone shaped, right?
    Of course you'll hit less targets if you're at point blank range, that's where the cone is skinniest. Back up if you want to hit more targets, or use a melee ability.
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Avair,
    Could you please schedule and plan changing all Channeled abilities to be mobile?

This is a key quality of life improvement which some powers still miss.
    For example: Nature's Roar and Sorcery's Soul Storm.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
  10. krytine Loyal Player

I would like to see qll tank powers have a range and melee eolo tuant 5o give best variety to loadouts and help make 2 tank runs easier
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

This.

Even if it means a content revision on mechanics to make it so.
    Teamwork needs to come back in alerts.
    • Like x 2
  12. Maxwill Committed Player

Bug 1, Shatter Restrains is bugged, with my stats I absorbed only 4493 damage while it should have absorbed alot more, triple...

If you want ice tanks to play battle tanks you have to make them stronger shields are too weak+ he cannot heal himself like atomic and rage do + cannot increase defense (like rage tanks do), nor shields absorption cap.
  13. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I think this is an issue that's not getting enough consideration. (At least from the testers, Devs I hope have seen it.) Folks go on test and immediately test in the highest tier gear. I get that, most testers are end-game on live, that's what they're used to. However, here's what's going to happen from a player standpoint overtime:
    • As you're leveling and learning your powers and how to use them, power scaling is likely going to be minimal. Base costs, but you don't have many powers and cool downs force you to use your weapons.
    • By the time you get to running with 6 powers and you're getting gear, you should be able to use more and more powers, interweaving the cooldowns and running any of the 3 playstyles you would like.
    • As you gear up, every CR point you gain causes your power consumption to go UP more than the amount of power the new gear adds to your power pool. I can see the idea being, "You'll get SP as well as you level." I still think the equation is a curve and not linear which is going to get out of hand in the future, much like stats did in the past before they brought in line the first time.
    • By the time these newer players get to higher tiers, the way their power set functioned initially is out the window. If they used PftT at a low level, they are going to be extremely confused as to why that suddenly is harder and harder as I see no explanation in the game as to how things are changing as they progress.
    • Like x 7
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Watch the vid, he backs up to midrange and it still doesn't hit.
  15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

In regards to crowd control while in DPS....(why u should NOT delete them)

1. Push backs, pop ups, stuns... some powers on some power sets were VERY annoying. I dont get the purpose of scattering or pushing everything out of the way of your own damage... At the very minimum cc effects should BENEFIT players. Stunning stuff so it cant move or knocking them down. Pushback is never helpful. Some powers deserve to have 360 pulls added to them like gravity well, inferno, circle.

2. You should not be removing cc from powers in DPS role. In solos especially but in any environment DPS cc effects stop incoming damage. Take minimum cr Mental through Science Spire and then try to do the same on munitions(On Live server). Its night and day difference. Mental will fly through dungeon, Munition will go through hell on every group of adds. What im hearing and seeing is that you want every1 to be like the Munition version. We wont be getting 1 hit anymore it will just be insta-deaths caused by groups of adds all hitting us with no way to stop it as a dps.

3. You have dominance stat for a reason...Solos should have no resistance to players. Duos should be 50% chance. Alerts should be 25%. Raids should be 0%. This is while in DPS role. Trolls should be the masters of stuns and I support them being in charge of that. DPS should just get knockdowns or short stuns.

I am worried about stripping cc completely from dps...
    • Like x 2
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm going to post kind of a long comment, I wanted to make a thread but figure I already make too many of those in testing feedback lol.

These are general ideas of how I think the revamp should operate (which explanations as to why I suggested them of course):

1. Power management needs a serious overhaul. I know you guys recently added buffs to trolls instant power dump so they become more useful, but it's sad when even with me spamming constant power dumps to a friend that's testing a PFtT rotation on sparring dummies, it's still not enough to keep him powered long enough to do it. Trolls need to give at least double the power they are now.

2. The speccing process for different builds needs to be looked at. Weapons should focus only prec (they already do), hybrids should focus on split stats (you currently want it so it's either one or the other depending on your play style), and PFtT should focus on might only, not have to worry about overdosing on power. Right now hybrid is superior to both weapon and PFtT build for two reasons: 1, they don't need to worry about speccing into a non damage stat to be effective (PFtT) and 2. Normal weapon combos are hitting harder then WM (why it's superior to weapon build).

How to fix? For staters, buff the crap out of weapon mastery, it should be hitting much harder then it currently is. It's useless to hybrid builds because you can't clip WM combo's with anything and there's no more crit bonus anymore so it's useless to cast a power after it. WM should be the bread and butter for the weapon build and would help put it in line with hybrid.

Next thing you can do is give PFtT a power cost reduction mechanic if you use 3 or more powers consecutively in a row. This would help PFtT players not have to worry about speccing into power so they can put all of their points and mods strictly into might and be as effective as hybrid players, right now they lag behind because you sacrifice might for power.

3. SC regeneration is too damn fast and makes SCs less special. Even without the SC generator power I can use multiple SCs easily in one boss fight. Regen needs to be what it is on live server and super charges need to be buffed accordingly. They should be nukes that you save up for waiting to release at the right moment, not spammable. They lose their uniqueness and value when you can use them as often as we currently can.

4. Tanks should be able to choose between blocking and being active. Right now it seems you're forcing tanks to only be active as the most effective way to stay alive. This won't fly if you're all about trying to promote freedom of choice in the revamp. Some people would prefer to turtle (not sure why, but hey I'm not one to judge). They should have that option as an effective way to stay alive. Tank powers should have an ability that supports active tanking and one that supports turtle tanking, allowing players to choose how they want to stay alive.

5. Healer sheilds need a buff. The current shield formula goes off of Dom+ resto (I tested this to confirm it), therefore making healer sheilds lack luster since they don't have alot of Dom, if any. It should remain 125℅ of your resto for them like it is on live servers.

I'd say support needs more attention. DPS wise you guys are doing great if you continue to listen to feedback and concerns, but the non damage roles need more love too.
    • Like x 6
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

No. A PftT person spec'd strictly into might beats a hybrid player because abilities hit harder than weapon combos and for combo powers, they can be clipped like weapon combos. It needs to be might and pow evenly, not straight power like it is now, instead of straight might.
    • Like x 2
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It depends on the powers used. 300 power costs will chew through your bar too quickly for a troll to keep up on. While I agree with you to a certain extent, many PFtT players lock themselves to only 100/200 power cost abilities and is the reason they under parse compared to hybrid. If you wanna use mostly 300, then I agree you should do split might / power to keep it from hitting too hard.
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

You stared out REAL GOOD but then went downhill and lost me.. SC regeneration is FINE on test.. I like an active SC.. I dont like LIVE SC.. I gotta wait almost 10-20mins just to use it once?? thats fun? no thank you..

PFTT should have cost reduction but not in the 123 set up again.. AM is boring and lackluster.. no way

Tanks should be able to choose blockin or aggressive tanking.. I dont necessarily see them forcing battle tanking more on us but giving us more battle tanking benefits.. But you can still pull and block tho lol

Support roles do need more love. I agree wholeheartedly!!! BUT!... More creative ways to deal damage while producing in your SUPPORT ROLE and a different and stronger weapon DPS than the DPS weapon(example; DPS weapon would deal 1,300.00/sec vs A support role weapon that would deal 2,500.00/sec).. DPS DOES NOT NEED MORE LOVE!! all GUs have been for DPS MAINLY.. Maybe just more refined retuning, but thats what test server will accomplish. Lastly, possibly bringing back Rock paper scissors format for pvp to once again ENCOURAGE players to use their support roles in PVE or PVP..
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And most PftT players w
    ere sitting at half my power pool back when every1 was testing at 166-175 so they could only afford 100/200 power cost. I was able to use 200s and 300s fine. 300 spam was the only thing that moved my power pool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.