Stats Revamp 1.4!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Vit needs to be stronger for controllers. Plain and simple.
    Passive PoT should stack too.
    Debuffs will need to stack and become AoE.

I'm sorry but roles just fall apart in content like FoS HH Throne Dox Nexus DWF.. I'm talking at level too. Healing is way too weak and tank mitigation is just too little.
    Black Dawn is a nightmare again too.
    One shots from adds still exist.
    Adds have annoying breakout profiles and CC immunity.
    This isn't due to battle role intention. It's just that you guys are refusing to budge when it comes to role strength.
    • Like x 5
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Actually, the devs can't really do much about this. What's happening has more to do with the community. When creating their rotations, many experienced dps know full well they're using very power hungry builds. But they say, "we'll just get 2 controllers," and keep the same power hungry rotation. So basically, even if the devs continue to increase the power trolls can provide, guess what will happen? Lets fill our bar with 300 cost abilities, lol! The troll can handle it! It's the players who are turning trolls into batteries more than anything. If healers and tanks are struggling for power, then I would agree that Vit. needs to be increased to help them out. But not for dps.

Edit: I think I meant to reply to the person above you, and not to you Violet, lol. Sorry about that. You're right about the weapon combos problem.
    Edit #2: Nope, it was the person below you, Sage, lol. There we go.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I think a stacking PoT or stronger vit. Not both. I actually think stacking is the better option too. Have it stack up to 2 and that solidifies the role in groups.

Also believe Debuffs should stack up to 1.5-2x, but no AoE, because if they had it do that, it would split weird and just lessen the strength of the debuff overall.

Also, instant power needs a look at. I get the concept of the buff, but the way power goes out, weapon centric and pftt aren't equally getting use of it in that regard.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Have fun controlling for Nature healers and dps then cause they got no 200 power cost abilities.
    They got a 450 though.. actually 2 450 abilities. And yes im pushing for lower costs and better healing.

I do not want to play battery again though. Please understand that.
    As B said one or the other.. stronger vit or stacked pot.
    • Like x 2
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Idk about PoT stacking.

If a Dps needs 2 trollers to support his rotation, what is he going to do in an alert with just 1 troller ?

I think 2x stronger power dumps but with 3 sec cooldown instead of 1,5 sec would be much easier to balance and trollers wont feel so much like batteries.

But it would be interesting to try PoT stacking as well. :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I be okay with Pot Stacking to be honest.
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

BUG Report
    Now that we are installing Olympian Generator Mods this Bug needs to be fixed.

Olympian Generator Mods do not Grant Prestige.
    Insert Olympian Generator Mods into Generator; no Prestige is given.
    Each Mod Should grant 8 Prestige; they do not.
    BTW once you figure out how to fix this; please fix it on Live also.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'm going to come out and say it, power regen is VERY broken. With a complete fallen god with all the bells and whistles, I can't perform the same distance I could at 176 and 10k less power.

If this keeps up like this, any new gear is downright stupid to update to.
    • Like x 2
  9. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

ok, so, I'm I seeing this right? if I don't want to use combos, I will not do as much damage as combo people??? how is that fair??? only if using long combos will I get the buff from the troll??? or am I missing something?
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

The CR scaling when it comes to power has been broken ever since the revamp hit test. I made comments about it and so did others but it seems nothing has been done about it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rubsarb Level 30

TLDR:
    Hybrid and weapon-centric playstyles sacrifice very little to produce competitive damage. They are not at the complete mercy of controllers putting out power because of the incorporation of weapon in both styles of gameplay. These types of playstyles can put out consistent dps, irrespective of the team composition (for the most part). On top of that, they receive a weapon buff from controllers using instant power because they will usually be the ones having the highest percentage of power. Players will most likely gravitate to a hybrid/weapon style gameplay for competitive dps (which was against the devs design of making all 3 viable).

PFTT players sacrifice getting big damage numbers per ability so they can utilize more abilities due to a larger power pool. Currently, they are TOO RELIANT on controllers. Passive power regeneration should be included in the power stat when putting skill points into power. This would give some semblance of self sustainability to allow for PFTT. My vision is that a larger power pool also means larger power regeneration. The normal combo meter that already exists is an additional power regenration available to everyone.

Full Analysis:

I agree with SkullGang. Due to CR scaling, power consumption of tray abilities seem to exponentially increase as your CR increases. At CR40 gear, 175/175 specced into power, you can have limitless power (which makes sense since no CR40 toon has 175+ sp); however, at CR154, with power at MAX and power mods (which brought me to roughly 40k power), I was still able to burn through my power very quickly. In my opinion, burning through power shouldn't be an easy thing to do if you are FULLY SPECCED & MODDED into power. But in reality, it is. I've spent countless testing this across gadgets, hardlight, rage, atomic. Granted there were some adjustments to power consumption in the latest update, PFTT players maxed out in power still can't get enough power to sustain their rotations. This leads to be inconsistent dps from PFTT players.

The risk vs. reward of PFTT is being at the mercy of the trolls and skill points are specced into (majority) into power, with less points specced into might/precision. The trade off here is less damage output per ability, but more abilities can be cast. This is not the case. I have a couple ideas that I think would help. Please let me know your thoughts.

1. Fix power consumption scaling when CR increases. The power consumption seems almost exponential as your CR increases. The scaling should be a bit more linear than it is right now.
    2. The power stat should have a passive regeneration attached to it as well. On top of receiving a % boost in power after putting a certain number of skill points into power, there should be a passive regeneration boost as well. I don't think this exists atm, but even if it did, the passive power regeneration needs to increase significantly. Right now, putting skill points into power just increases your power reserve so you can cast maybe a couple more abilities before running dry. I've run some test raids and people with 175/175 sp into power shouldn't be running dry in 15 seconds with controllers passive pot tick and instant power dump.
    3. Controllers vitalization isn't scaling well with CR. Their power output needs to increase.

Right now, PFTT isn't viable. People are running dry too often. The only way PFTT players can produce damage is to use POWER. I already mentioned earlier PFTT players are already sacrificing putting skillpoints into stats that would increase damage at a trade-off of being able to cast more abilities. Hybrid and pure weapon based playstyles don't face any of these issues. Not only that, they get a DPS buff from controllers because of the new ability put onto power dump abilities.

Thank you to all who took the time to read and consider my thoughts and considerations.
    • Like x 4
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

There's a lot of issues with the scaling system, in lower tiers you can't perform the same way as you progress and it almost feels like clamping. I'm still hoping this has been a minor oversight as they want to first finish balancing powers before trying to balance tiers according to your CR or stats, it's pretty much the same issue we had when starting to test the differential 2 years ago.
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

There is not such a thing playing from the Tray. If anything, PftT its the safest way to play since you can´t be countered and you can´t mess up with your inputs, unlike combo powersets like Atomic, HL or Rage, and of course the weapon combos.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

In lower tiers you can perform better with less stats. Their idea is to not cause the SP allocation go out of whack, which is why they came up with the 1:1 CR to SP ratio. This is the flaw that we are having at higher tiers, the CR is fluid and at max CR you can max out your primary stat for you preference of play style and role.

They need to remove exponential scaling and do linear independent of your SP. If they don't the better gear will be detrimental.

We need power scaling but we shouldn't be hindered by our hard earned SP.
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

That's the problem on both ends, more SP is supposed to mean a stronger toon regardless of the tier or else we're stepping into clamping territory which will hurt the game. Also at 189 we're supposed to be able to do the next episode, but if being stronger means weaker at the current tier then it's a problem as we move on unless the next tier starts at CR 190.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It's actually beyond clamping, as in a clamp it stays the same. We are actually nerfing ourselves going higher and higher in gear. Stats matter here, but only until you hit that wall, then you no longer benefit from that and no matter what you do, you can't improve it.

A linear consumption, set to only gear, would be beneficial to this change.

It takes maxed out power to get a 1-2 rotations before you run out. That should be the baseline. At maxed SP allocation, you should be teetering half power, not no power. It would also put it more on the players, not burdening the trolls, to spec for your role and play style. So you aren't hindering the group.

At maxed power, we should be able to slot 2-3 300 powers and look at it as if they are 100s.
    • Like x 3
  17. recoil Committed Player

do you know if fire is still an available power set? i can't seem to find it in market place or the character creation process.
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Fire is available in the live server not the revamp test server.
    Fire has not been in the revamp test yet.
  19. recoil Committed Player

20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Defense feels weird. I'm not certain if it's the same as live or not. It definitely feels like its different though
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.