Stats Revamp 1.4 - Nature Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

How you gonna come here with crap like this and say swarms op or natures to good when both the 168 guy and 188 guy are both nature and the 168 guy won. That don't mean nature is op or swarm is to good that means the other guys just wasn't good.

Random feedback of this guy beat this guy in a raid is why the game is messed up. Thats some accurate testing you got going there lol. look back at my data links if you want real numbers.
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It´s funny how you make assumptions... the 188 guy was Atomic Tank until i left the raid before start the fight with Hecate.
    But keep guessing.
    • Like x 1
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Hey still accurate testing you got going there. One dps is standing outside the entire second boss fight. You can't go by a raid unless every situation is controlled and players skill, stats and all that stuff is equal. You guys were in there for almost a hour, people could have died and others still where still left dpsing while someone was out or died on adds and had to run back. You don't judge dps unless its a smooth run either cause theres just to many variables.

That run was far from the idea testing settings.
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Dude stop, my opinion its based on the first part of the Raid, when no one died and he was still on the top. I can come later with a full League run and still prove my point, and i bet you will still be complaining because according to your "standarts" Nature its perfect as it is..... shocking...
  5. The Nightcrawler New Player

I would also like to point out that you cannot say nature is OP if you're going to post videos of a nature guy clearly using a supercharge that's broken and not splitting damage. if anything is OP about nature is chaotic growth not swarm. Nature has been one of the weakest powers for years now. Swarm is supposed to help us keep up in damage with adds. That's really it's main purpose at this point. For years we have been playing catchup on boss fights because we cannot use our powers on adds. The burst from the dot powers is not big enough to set up dots nor is there enough time while the other burst powers are already killing the adds. Swarm in its current state gives us a chance to start attacking the adds as soon as all the other powers can attack. With nature we typically single attack an add with all three dots and then attempt to spread dots. Do you know how often that add dies before we can spread the dots because of the other powers kill it adds to fast with their burst damage? This happens all the time. We then have to attempt setup again an by this time most of all of the adds are dead.
    Crappy is looking at the entire picture. Swarm is very powerful but because we have nothing else. If you take damage away from swarm and add it to the dots it will make nature stink again. I explained how the adds dies before setup. If our dots are even stronger and other players are attacking our add that we are trying to spread from, yet again we will lose dps because the adds will die before we can spread dots. Swarm is the only power that we can solidly use on adds.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Nature is in a good spot, good options for adds and good options for bosses not like before where nature got crushed on adds but you seem to want to ruin that. The only thing taking swarm down a peg will do is make nature bad on the adds. Nature will still be just as good if not better on the bosses if some damage is moved from swarm to the dots. But you don't look at it like that you just see swarm works differently then other pets.

From all the tests and things i've done nature is right inline with other powers sure it might be better then some but some are even better then it. I have data sheets all over the elec and sorc threads and some in here and they all show the same 20-22k average. I can provide you sheet to other powers as well all showing the same things. I could bring out pages and pages of real data showing exactly what i say not some well in this raid....

I've also ran plenty of stuff and know how each thing acts and what you should use in every situation I just don't stand at the dummies all day, well the last 2 days yea but that was for good reasons.
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

So you want Nature to be as good on Adds as the other powersets while being the best powerset for long boss fights?
    [IMG]
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Hands down best Power update till now.

I am a bit worried how much of a real impact would Gorilla Form has as a Supercharge.
    Splitting Harvest's functionality into 2 different powers is a massive nerf for Gorilla and current ~18 sec duration is not much. Would you consider expanding Gorilla's AoE by:
    1. Make Briar set Poison DoTs at multiple targets.
    2. Make Harvest's burst tick hit multiple targets.

Also, could Roar's damage be further increased by making it to leverage Poison PI, I think Stun could be removed as well. I feel like this would be a key change since Roar is the only "spammable" alternative to VPlants.
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree with everything you said except the super that isn't splitting is carnivorous and he was using chaotic growth so he's in the clear on the super thing, but yea all a nerf to swarm will do i make nature stink on adds but it will be just as good on bosses but some people don't look at the big picture.
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

This is the perfect illustration of why you should not have to rely on Swarm for such a large portion of your damage. Swarm is a pet. Its damage is based on your CR; not your stats or your power. It creates an artificial ceiling on your performance where you can't get any more damage out of it even if you have people dropping supply drop after supply drop in front of you.

It's really short-sighted to feel so protective of that damage you're seeing from this pet. As people max out their stats, they'll be seeing gains in their DPS while Nature will always be stuck at the same level if you let Swarm dictate the majority of your damage. Sorc is honestly going to have the same problem if they leave Fury as it is, and the Devs have even acknowledged it:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-3-sorcery-feedback.284315/

Edit - The people who are questioning whether Swarm is too good are not doing it because they want Nature to suck. I want Nature to be GOOD. I don't want it to have to rely on short-sighted gimmicks. What we saw with Gadgets and Sticky Bomb was GOOD because it means Gadgets has room to grow and do seriously awesome damage in the right circumstances (like an over-abundance of power and supply drops). ALL powersets should have this ability to take advantage of situational awareness, knowledge, and advantageous situations to perform better than baseline.
    • Like x 3
  11. tiempo Well-Known Player

I can get 24-27k but have to be at melee range, but its off topic. Contact me in test "MadRabbit" and we can share info. Btw i was doing this at 166 cr, 8.3k might, 39k power.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The thing is nature is great for bosses and if you let stats have more of a affect on your dps then nature will be the end all be all boss power and while i want nature to be good i don't want it to be over the top good.

Never mind though i've said all this a hundred times.... if the dots get stronger in this update ill put up some data comparing it to what i already posted to show the difference.
  13. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

its souza, and mine was midrange but with max might but missing crit damage.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please see today's new threads to continue the discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.