Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

1. MadRabbit had a rotation for it. It was netting the same single target damage as my clipping combos outside of the handclap rotation I used. Ate up power like hell though, but it was decent.
    2. SnapTrap/Grasping are the core main damage uses for ranged single target for hl. You have handclap/grasping, snap alone, snap/grasp, fan/grasp, etc. One of those two is going to be in every rotation I can think of that does more damage than the infinite combo.
    3. Have the devs stated that specifically? Horrific visage from mental is singe target and weak and the supercharge gen used to be on decoy for gadgets but i got it changed to stasis field for dps since it was weak af on release without issues.

4. With the way power costs are for hl, rage, and atomic given 2 of those are popular dps powers and have the highest dps on test server currently, hardly any controllers on live will have time for actually using combos instead of dumping power off cooldown.

5. the pushback got nerfed to a shorter time before the stun kicks in to help dps's. we can always get it nerfed again/removed if it's still a problem.
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

After testing it, there is a rotation with mini-gun that's ok damage.

166cr. might/pow etc. 175 in power etc.

Reg Ranged 3 target rotation I used:
    *chompers + inspiration*
    (looped)
    *rifle tap*
    *ram->fan*
    *rifle tap*
    *fan*
    Netted 14k for 60s.

New Rotation I used:
    *chompers + inspiration*
    *rifle tap*
    (looped twice)
    *mini-gun->ram->fan->impact*
    clipped with
    *fan->impact*
    *rifle tap*
    after the second fan impact, its mini-gun-> ram clipped with chompers and inspiration
    Netted in the 14k's as well.

Which means 1 of two things could happen.

Minigun could be nerfed and as long as it keeps a 4-5 second cooldown, that rotation is possible as an alternative ranged loadout outside of the last mini-gun bit before re-applying chompers and inspiration and it'll have supercharge regen as a benefit.

Or.

You could combine them and run this loadout/rotation:
    -Strafing Run - Inspiration - Chompers - Minigun - Ram - Fan -
    *chompers + inspiration*
    ram->fan->tap->fan->tap
    ram->fan->tap->fan->tap
    minigun->ram->fan->tap->fan->tap
    *chompers + inspiration*
    Times out perfectly and netted me 13.5k as of right now. Even it goes down to 13k from a minigun nerf, you'd have the extra supercharge regen to actually get more dps I'm thinking. And mini-gun could have 10 second cooldown and it'd still be fine with that rotation.
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Slightly off subject but I noticed in your rotations you are still using Inspiration even though it does zero for your Combos and Powers. Do you feel Inspiration is worth it just for the Rifle taps?
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Squeezing out dps wise, yes, I'd only replace it with Neo-Venom once it gets released if it's the same. Power conservation wise, no xD
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That and it's also a timer for the PI if you're not used to just eye-balling your rotation.
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'm doing reads with a pot and a power dump off cooldown so I can afford the extra power cost since I don't have anything else rn to put there that I can think of. If you want, I can power you so you can test it with your spec. you'd have 2 trolls.
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I think they did lw cuz it wasn't a combo with the generator. adding a generator they'd probably weaken ghand or st and being they both stack together it prolly end up my fav combo. couldn't take cc off those cuz they're debuffs. Overall I troll but that gets touched on those I know trolls will be pissed< me in general about cc I could careless wut they do with it until later.

Is atomic or rages supercharge generators combos?
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Atomic - mid range that deals damage to all 3 targets for like 2-2.3k with my might - 6s cd
    Light - throwing weight which is doing 3.5-4k with my might - 3s cd
    Rage - lunge to melee range for 2-2.3k on all 3 targets with my might - 6s cd
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Sidneote - rage supercharge generator is completely useless for it's support role. It's just a knockdown and a pi applicator. It doesn't help directly and I doubt it's going to be used as a juggle compared to an actual combo. And after checking, atomic's is what used to be the breakout animation*, the actually ability no longer breaks out. It's also a PI applicator. PI applicator and a stun.
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

relentless anger is pi for rage not a combo Idk about atomic. my bad I see your post now. lol

I'd rather one of our pi's have it then light weight being chompers and spike quake are basically the samething and then they can increase lw or something.

I'd rather use ghand as troll then trolls using lw and bouncing everyone around wit that stinky thing lol

Idk though.
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

But elec is tray while Light is combo, at the end of the day you have more choices with elec.
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

I still think Minigun and Light Blast need something extra, they seem to weak compared to other abilities in a combo.
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

was for other post above about super charge generator and clipping dazed with inspiration rifle tap etc,

you gotta use pi so u might as well clip it with something then nothing is my thought but wit pwer issues probably isn't worth it. can't clip pi wit anything else really. it's def gotta make the attack stronger.

you can tell there using pi as supercharge generator for other classes but wut's it debuffs for trolls? stasis and visage are a debuff and Lights a debuff.

Guess you could go either way with it being a combo.

loadout gnna be recharge group shielding def debuff output debuff <deffinite , healing debuff in certain situations . if you dont use the healing debuff you have 2spots open and if you do you still got 1 open so I don't see how that would be an issue unless your going run 2 def debuffs, entraps a healing debuff and dazed so to use chomper or spike for dazed in a spot cuz if it puts up a sheild on enemies still?if you don't run the heal debuff prolly run spike or chomper to apply dazed for people but if you need the heal debuff you'd remove the dazed attack for entrap for heal debuff and dazed. either way you have a spot open for the generator for Light as a troll so I'm not against it being changed to a pi.

I haven't tested entrap trolling but on live I don't use st cuz it don't stick in gom or gome where you need the heal debuff.

if pot wasn't passive then it be an issue.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

What about Entrap being the SC generator? It also has a combo option and breaks it's own encasement "supposedly" by doing it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Swinging the bat used to do it if it still does.

I'd agree with that because the power cost is already more and that's reasons enough for me. Guess they thought it combos so more but it takes the same amount of time cuz you still gotta put ur arm up.

Overall no other combo has it as pi and combo together but that solves the troll n dps dispute which I don't think should even be a thought but u can have 10 loadout slots wit troll for light and trolls will ***** with this power.

Thing thats funny on live I've maybe ran into one troll as good as me with light and I don't care. I'm not trying to be arrogant but 90% of the light trolls I run into stink but yet everything is a no no. I'm sure there is some good ones but I'm being honest from my experiences it's not like a fact.

Back in the day you'd get my vote all the time with combo trolling not anymore.

Seriously ran into 1 since december in cc and I was shocked. I dread seeing a light troll of late and I light troll and a lot give it a bad name.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It would actually put it in line with Gadget's SC builder as well as several other ones, that has a PI to go with it.

I hate encasements, but light weight isn't very intuitive for gameplay. On the other hand, I think encasements are worse than being knocked around by light weight.
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

You're right used on bosses though doesn't usaully stick though but rolling balls every where would be n issue on adds.

Would have to be chompers or spikequake if it was going to change. Stasis is for gadget though and that's an encasement.
  18. DatWhizKid Active Player

It seems like Impact and Ram should benefit from the Dazed PI for better damage balance. I haven't been able to find a melee combo that can last due to power shortage. I would agree with some who said MiniGun should be the super charge generator, Light Weight is just too awkward.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

That would end up lowering the damage of chompers or spikequake. It's why they put it on really low hitting powers to begin with.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

I didn't even bother checking Light Weight because again the power cost is just too high and I would need to do weapon clips which I shouldn't have to, other powers are at a point where PffT works 90% of the time with SC generator, yet we have everything spread out like a wild fire. Really this are things that after 2 months of 4 version of stats you (developers) should have known would be an issue.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.