Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Right, so what i'm saying is the days of the infinite combo rotation are over. Otherwise your rotation is basically 300-100-100-100-100-100, etc. which makes no sense dps wise (well, maybe with ice, lol). Like you're basically only going to chain combos at places in your rotation where you need to spend less power. In raids, with trolls, most players are just gonna be going with the initial power to maximize dps I imagine.
    • Like x 1
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Update:
    Only can use it for 10 seconds with a soder, but full might spec'd.
    Claw->Final clip w/ Ram->Whiptrash (repeat)

At 166, no buff soders:
    3 targets - 25-27k dps
    1 target - 15-17k dps
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh, one more quick bug with light. Minigun isn't targeting npcs correctly. It only hits them once or none at all. But, if you lock a target, then it hits correctly both the target and adds around them.
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yeah, that sounds about right. I guess if you stick to the infinite rotation then it'll be as if you're just spamming 100 cost abilities over and over again for subpar DPS. So if you want to maximize your damage you'll probably have to clip the end of a rotation and restart it to mix in the 200 and 300 cost heavy hitters.

Maybe something like:
    300-100-100-100, clip 200-100-100-100, clip 300-100-100-100, etc.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I always spec into those stats (even on Test). Even with those the breakouts cost a ridiculous amount of power.
    • Like x 1
  6. farm3rb0b Committed Player

The percentage o the power bar it takes to break out is like whoa. I'm pretty sure I was so shocked by it over the weekend that every time I broke everyone in the Discord just heard, What!?

I think there are certain things that the scaling throws off. Is the percentage that the powers scale the same amount of power the gear gives? ...I think I would almost rather gear have NO power on it, have power cost NOT be a CR scaler, and let folks choose whether to spec into power or not. Especially since someone brought up a great point in another thread...PvP gear isn't causing scaling. Since your PvE CR does not increase in PvP gear your powers all cost the base (or level 30...nitpickines I'm not 100% sure).
    • Like x 3
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

is why they changed controlling is for weapon reasons? I'm already prepping not to be a troll anymore, with the long cool downs n if there is going to be 2 debuffing unless they make cc like a major thing which even if somehow all trollls became like the movie push and were gods at moving adds wit cc effects I wouldn't want to play it because to me that's the tanks job. 6 years and changing something like that is dumb to me.

I really don't want them to do anything with clipping because of something Like this. I been getting message after message about Light with people seeing these type of videos wanting to change back to Light that don't play it anymore and they all switched powers because they Liked clipping with it.

The best CC meaning ever " Clipping Combos" or " Clipping Constructs" !

Trying to be optimistic. This picture is what the generator should do n they should be worth using. The generator should pop up another power slot for your super so they don't make you lose a loadout. Like the utilty belt but only 1 not 4 and they become better or let you choose wut power will be your generator or something. Could be part of your actually generator in your base. I don't have photoshop so it's the best I could do.

it could actually add to your main frame and Have 3 slots making it stronger yourself like sidekick , suppy etc with marks.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Here are the base damage values for all the abilities. I used the formula previously posted by Penryn and discovered by shiny mackerel. I don't guarantee perfect accuracy on everything but it should be in the ballpark. Construct combos all cost 100 power. If you'd like to know how much damage these do with 10,000 Might, just pick a base value and multiply by 88.

Leverages Daze:
    • Light Claws (300): 91 to 99
      • cLight Claws: 47 to 57
      • cLight Claw Slash (taps 1-3) (AoE): 32 to 40
      • cLight Claw Slash (4th tap) (AoE): 53 to 59
      • cFinal Claw (AoE): 61 to 67
    • Boxing (300): 82 to 91
      • cBoxing: 55 to 61
      • cBoxing (1st tap) (AoE): 47 to 52
      • cBoxing (taps 2-5) (AoE): 37 to 43
    • Hand Clap (300): 81 to 89
      • cHand Clap (taps 1-2): 55 to 61
    • Fan (300) (AoE): 78 to 85
      • cFan (AoE): 43 to 47
    • Chainsaw (300) (AoE): 58 to 64
      • cChainsaw (AoE): 38 to 52
    • Whip Thrash (200) (AoE): 56 to 64
      • cWhip Thrash (AoE): 52 to 56
    • Snap Trap (200): 64 to 77
      • cSnap Trap: 52 to 63
    • Grasping Hand (200): 54 to 83
      • cGrasping Hand: 40 to 49
    Applies Daze:
    • Entrap (300) (AoE): 66 to 73
      • cLunging Swing (1st tap) (AoE): 38 to 42
      • cSwing (2nd tap) (AoE): 57 to 63
      • cSwing (taps 3-4) (AoE): 44 to 49
    • Spikequake (200) (AoE): 45 to 70
    • Chompers (200) (AoE): 54 to 62
    No PI:
    • Minigun (200) (AoE): 120 to 132
      • cMinigun (AoE): 114 to 126
    • Light Blast (200) (AoE): 80 to 90
      • Under 35% (AoE): 165 to 180
      • cLight Blast (AoE): 96 to 126
    • Ram (200) (AoE): 53 to 58
      • cRam (AoE): 50 to 55
    • Impact (200) (AoE): 54 to 57
      • cImpact (AoE): 51 to 57
    • Light Weight (200) (AoE): 81 to 90
      • Thrown Light Weight (AoE): 41 to 45
    Supercharge:
    • Ballistic Assault (50% SC) (AoE): 342 to 378
    • Strafing Run (100% SC) (AoE): 540 to 552
    • Like x 7
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Kara,
    first off...very impressive work man. Big thumbs up for the dedication to take the time to break that all down. I am curious when it comes to Powers/Constructs that hit multiple times, are your numbers listed above the TOTAL damage or is that per TICK? Looking specifically at Minigun, Light Blast, and Impact.
  10. Realsaiyin Active Player

spord, would it be possible to fix Light Blast animation? The beam is a lot bigger than it should be. It became like this in the midrange update to HL in GU 57. Thanks
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

(1) Chainsaw

Why does the initial hit do so little damage for a 300 cost ability? It does the same damage as Whip Thrash which only costs 200. Did the damage values for the initial hits of Fan and Chainsaw get mixed up or something?

(2) Construct Versions of Snap Trap and Grasping Hand

Snap Trap normally does 1 burst followed by 9 dot ticks. Construct Snap Trap does 1 burst + 7 dot ticks.
    Grasping Hand normally does 1 burst and 12 dot ticks. Construct Grasping Hand is 1 burst + 6 dot ticks.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Construct-ST should have 6 dot ticks and construct-GH should have 7. This discrepancy results in the construct version of Snap Trap being clearly superior to construct Grasping Hand.

(3) Impact

The construct version of Impact appears to have the same max damage as regular Impact. This results in the construct version of Impact being better than the construct version of Ram.

(4) Light Blast

Is the construct version of Light Blast supposed to be doing more damage than regular Light Blast?

(5) Boxing

Shouldn't the damage be on par with Light Claws instead of Hand Clap?
    • Like x 1
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

I listed the total damage. I initially included the # of ticks and calculated total, but it got too messy to read. You can figure that crap out on your own :p
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

• Grasping Hand (200): 54 to 83
      • cGrasping Hand: 40 to 49
      • cGrasping Hand Pull: 50-56
    Sorry, I forgot to include Grasping Hand Pull in my previous post. GH-Pull does two ticks of 25-28 base damage for a total of 50-56.
    • Like x 2
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

More Feedback:

For the most part, you've done an excellent job balancing the damage values. I love the decision to keep the construct combo damage relatively high (for 100 cost abilities) by removing the CC effects.

After looking at all the abilities and their damage values, I noticed that there are several that seem like slightly different twins of each other such as Light Claws / Boxing, Ram / Impact, Spikequake / Chompers, and (to a lesser extent) Snap Trap / Grasping Hand. I feel it would add more variation if one of the twins from each of these pairings became a 100-cost combo starter. That would really complete the powerset in my eyes.

For instance, if either Spikequake or Chompers became 100-cost we would then have a Daze applier represented in the 300, 200, and 100 cost category. I'd prefer it if Grasping Hand remained 200 power cost (since it has Grasping Hand Pull as an option) but any of the others could comfortably be switched to 100 cost IMHO.
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

Chainsaw has 5 taps which means more damage in the long run as opposed to Whip which only has 2, that's why it costs more even though their initial damage is the same.
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

No, no look at Fan compared with Chainsaw. The initial hit of Fan does way more than Chainsaw despite Chainsaw being an ability that puts you squarely in melee range.
  17. bmce84 Loyal Player

You are right on the mark, I do wonder did you take into account the ticks when measuring damage, specially Impact which now only does 2 hits instead of 3?. But the way I see it the power is now only good for mobs as power cost are hurting it too much, it's just to hard to have a proper Pfft load out that works longer than 1 rotation. Range is just too weak since the strong range attacks don't use the PI, which is also another issue since we have to use them meaning spending 300 power to use the PI, then another 300 to start almost every combo, then we have the 100 cost which adds up fast with Light plus 300 again to eventually apply PI again and another 300 to combo. Range needs a damage boost and sadly Light range abilities have always been nerfed, it wasn't until the mid range that they got a decent buff, but they went backwards limiting our range capacity with this update, and as is the power cost limits Light players overall, other powers don't have to deal with everything being 200 or 300, with the PI appliers being 300, but unlike Atomic we have more combo taps with less damage overall.

I'm hopeful version 1.5 fixes this issues, but if history has taught me anything in this game is that a power must always be put behind and I think Light might be the one this time.
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

But it's the same thing, Fan has 1 hit which Chain can do 5, I think you should check how much the chainsaw taps do also and see how it compares. Of course there's always the chance that it might be a mess up, but as is they might just say since fan does more damage than chain that the only option is to nerf it, while leaving the power cost intact. I rather they just fix cost and not get into damage.
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

You can't compare the entire Chainsaw string (that takes like 5+ sec to complete) with Fan (that takes only 1 sec) as a justification for Fan doing more damage on the initial hit. You have to compare the damage done in 1 sec; not 5 sec vs 1 sec.

Also, the Chainsaw tap damage is listed directly below regular Chainsaw.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

Doing it like that will create an unbalance as attacks with taps will be significantly stronger that attacks that don't. That's the biggest issue when balancing Light, since some attacks have taps you need to balance those attacks taking into account the taps, with single damage attacks being easier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.