Stats Revamp 1.4 - Nature Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Right, I think that's why Avair's exact words were, "we are looking to avoid one-shots almost entirely." I'm sure there are still going to be some mechanics that are just designed to one-shot you like PW Oppressor's blue ball, etc.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I hope so.
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Agreed pretty much people keep saying content people cant beat doesnt make them money that has been the mindset that continues to plague this game. Yes it makes them short term money from replays but in the long run it hurts the game because people play mmos to struggle and see growth over time in their characters hence why people have left. Inner was amazing because it was ruff everyone had to play their part, but not always beating something gave this game some respect to its name. People quit cause everyone can beat everything and thats not how a mmo is supposed to be it gets boring really quickly when theirs no mechanics. We indeed need mechanics back where roles are needed. I dont know where they went the first time I stepped into The black adam first all I could think was this is amazing having so many mechanics in that fight.. One shots isnt the answer though to me it alienates a play style I do understand some moves should one shot but random one shots are terrible.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ron Solo New Player

It seems the revamp has removed all uniqueness of playing nature. The leveling out of human form versus form change is disappointing. The bonuses we receive on live, currently, are the incentive to using and committing to using the form change abilities. If you are going to remove those bonuses or perks, why have a character, i.e. Beast Boy whose powers are solely changing shape be the inspiration for choosing a power?

The shortening of the pheromone ticks is a bit extreme, especially since you have reduced or removed the burst heals that nature used to have. The gorilla form change doesn't last long at all considering it's a supercharge and is now boasting extra abilities.
  5. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

Just like to say I actually went on test today since I heard nature wasn't dummied down so much as I thought it would be. I haven't really played this game in a long while so it was a bit messy....

What was most significantly that i notice is the dots stll works! [except for some don't do any damage which has been reported in this thread].

What also I notice is there is way so much cooldowns and power cost is so high, I actually died in a simple t7 solo which on live I could do quite easily, but I feel is more because I am not used to this new style yet. So maybe that's ok for now.

But I think this style may actually be more fun since i could be more creative in settng up dots and refeshing them plus use wepon or whatever, instead of the old boring AM way whcih kidna force you to do it one way. plus that now harvest can refesrh any poison attacks which I feel is better than before where havest only refresh the poison on the AM. Tho wolf STILL takes a while to transform. And I really haven't check all the numbers or any real details yet but was just playing through with them "safer" test dummies [that dont kill me lol]. Plus I did also play around with the new skill poins system etc too.

I have not tried the healer side yet.

But overall even tho I do kidna like dog form not only it's fun and funny especially with it's stealth mode where I can sneak up on heros in the pvp phase and surprise them lol [maybe a dog trinket or cat?], I see this revamp does look quite promising and I "may" actually enjoy this and may really play this game again which is a surprised me since I really thought nature would be dumbed down that it no longer nature and that would have been the end of nature for me.
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

In all my testing with Nature i saw a thing that really concerns me, and i think its a bug; Carnivorous Plants isnt splitting damage at all
    8 target cast:
    [IMG]

I´ll be posting further feedback today, but that seems the most urgent thing to fix now.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I hope we get a response today on some of the things we've brought up cause i have more to add but i'm just waiting to hear back on some things before i drop the rest.
  8. tiempo Well-Known Player

huh! I guess it isn't splitting damage...lol I was one shotting adds with it. tbh....it was a guilty pleasure, it felt good having a boombastic hit like that, I had mentioned it before but it didn't crit for me on the 8 adds, but when it does you can definately tell.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Think of the form changes as extra hot bars. Like stealth and invisibility, they are trying to remove must have powers that leave play styles bland.
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yeah that Supercharge it seriously broken at the time. Hope that the adjustment don´t be excessive to the point of render it useless.
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Currently Form changes are nothing more than LO extenders indeed.

I think in order for Devs' idea to work:

1. Wolf should grant both Crit Chance + Crit Damage Magnitude but with lower Damage Modifier.
    2. Insectoid should grant Crit Heal Chance + Crit Heal Magnitude but lower Resto Bonus.

3. Gorilla SC should grant Crit Chance, Crit Damage Magnitude, Crit Heal Chance and Crit Heal Magnitude and no penalties.
    Maybe Briar should place DoT at multiple enemies in Gorilla form.
    Duration should be slightly increased too since investing time switching Form is not really worth it for a duration like 18 sec.

These additional changes would make Forms better as short term Burst options while Human form would be better for Poison/Pheromone stacking over longer period of time.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

That is all wishful ideas, because they stripped most of what made stealth/invisibility worth it as well. The fact that you can't get knocked out of Wolf or Insect forms, also means that there is less risk involved in it too.

Gorilla is a different monster (pun intended). since it is an SC, I don't see a problem with giving a few bells and whistles to it.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are reviewing the weekend's feedback in all the threads. There's quite a lot, so it may take some time!
    • Like x 1
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Totally understood.
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

I done a bit of a testing to see if the crit gain from the insectoid form is better for healing or not and in fact the insect form is a bit weaker so I wonder if there is any chance to release the numbers? Crit chance gain in form and how much the final healing is getting reduced in that form? This also goes for the DPS side that maybe others woujld be interested in to know.
    • Like x 2
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Well just Crit Chance buff means you would crit more often but Crit Magnitude in addition would make you crit higher.
    I think we gonna need both (like it has always been in the past) in order to see some difference in how Burst vs DoTs perform between Forms and Human.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Nature

Not too much needs to be done here but more healing options are welcome.

Pheromones being at 2-6 strength would be of good use.
    A way to expedite the pheromones without using 75% of your power bar would really make it better and more power efficient
    Reason why the power back mechanic and WM was required for Nature in the first place, was because Pheromone spreads and refreshing was too costly.

Bloom needs a big reduction in cost. 450 base cost is ridiculous for its healing output. That is 9k+ at CR175.. ridiculous.

Metabolism is only good for its pheromones.. would like to see the burst boosted a little bit.

Blossom's leveraged heal should be 8 man in my opinion. Reduce cooldown to 3 seconds

Other than that, it's in a good spot. I do want to say Id love Briar, Thorn Shield, and Vine Lash have pheromone capabilities.
    ^.^

Elusian and I were discussing something as well.
    Savage Growth shared a stack of pheromones with Bloom but Savage Growth is superior in every way to Bloom.
    Would it be possible to have Cross Pollination and Bloom have a function together.
    Cross Pollination being an echo wave heal up to 4 times.. it would make better sense to have Bloom with it.

Also Nature has no cost under 300. That has to change.. seriously.
    • Like x 2
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

i miss a second 100 power cost power option...
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

The 100s are usually reserved for the single-target spam heals with 0,5 seconds cooldown. Nature itself is maining 300 base power cost across the board with Bloom at a 450 base peak but being weaker in every aspect than its pheromone counterpart Savage Growth. Metabolism in its current state isn't worth a dime except for the pheromones setup. It could get an effective increase and/or lowered the base power cost to 200.

Due to lack of burst that is tied on the pheromones and the refresh option in Flourish they could also reduce the cooldown of Flourish to 3 seconds and reduce its own effective heal slightly or increase the base power cost (but then Bloom needs to change). In fact how Bloom works on test doesnt supports the way nature works. Bloom on live is already a crime that makes people cry everytime someone keeps spamming it.

My question is: Do we really need to push the same 8man type of cast over time with constant heals while in cast animation into each/most powersets even when it doesnt fit? See Electricity for a prime example of how to create a non-channeled burst with extra flavor on top.

Maybe there is a chance to generally limit the pheromone stacks up to 3 even if there is options to set up to 4 (the current one with the lowest remaining timer then gets overwritten by the newest activated one) or more then seperate the stack from SG again and do smth else with it. Bloom in action just felt so wrong for Nature. I can support this type of heal in Sorcery, it actually works great there but not with Nature.

Metabolism should be turned into a 4 man heal similar to Ritualistic Word with pheromones to spread (can be 4 only since Flourish spreads that later anyway raidwide). At least it would get an adjustments upwards of its base numbers cause of being a 4man heal then and be more useful as suplementary burst for group members in desperate need but not all.

So many options here to toy around and improving the lack of burst (people I spoke to had trouble to emergency heal group members up due to described problem, why they dont go here and report this is beyond me though).
    • Like x 1
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Well, where should i start?

Let me start saying that Nature is still the powerset with more room to allow more complex gameplay and loadouts, I love that. At the same time it has really good options to keep up in burst damage scenarios and allow a more streamlined and easy way of play for the people who don´t enjoy the whole shapeshifting gameplay, thanks to a REALLY Good ability like Swarm and the mandatory 0.5 spam ability that each powerset has now.

Now, lets talk about Swarm a little bit. It´s just too good, there is no way to deny that, but it works that way for a reason, and that reason is that the stackable Dots hit really low, in fact you have to stack 4 Dots and keep refresh them to get the similar damage that Electrocute or Circle can do, in other words, more loadout spots and work to achieve the same result of just one button cast from the other powersets. Yay...

I wish that some of the damage done from Swarm can be relocated on SG and Briar.

Carnivorous Plants its bugged, damage is too good and doesn´t split. For being a 25% Super deals more damage than Chaotic Growth, ¿How does that make sense?

Another thing that its really annoying is the time it takes to transition between forms and hotbars, i wonder if there is a way for the devs to accelerate this process. And now that we are talking about multiple hotbars, maybe give other powersets this ability aswell (Stealth, and invisibility really don´t count IMO because you break out of that state when you use an active ability)

Other than that, i think that DPS side its looking really good and promising.

Now, the healing side... You can stack up your Hots ok, thats really cool and how the powerset its suppose to work, but the problem is that those Hots are really small. I honestly think that at least two of them should be buffed a little bit. And to solve the main issue that Nature healing has right now in my opinion which is burst heal, i suggest to increase the leverage of pheromones that Blosson gets for each stack.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.