Electricity and any DoT based power VS Burst

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Rebel230, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

No matter what you do, at the end of a raid a DoT based power (Electric which I love and use still on my main villain) Will always appear to the misinformed as being crap dps. The biggest reason isn't necessarily because it is actually bad, It is because for me to do my max potential I need all my DoTs to hit. This is the problem, as most powers are burst powers and 2-3 burst powers in a raid with a DoT power will melt the target for their full damage while mine hit for 1-2-3 ticks of damage never allowing me to do my full damage or pull my weight in a group encounter.

Although it really bothers me that you all cannot find the time to do something for electric dps users for now (until your revamp goes live) even just double the DoT damage or speed up the ticks of damage etc anything to make electric relevant for today, I feel if your going to leave it a DoT based power it will still appear to be bad and not wanted for groups or told you should be a healer as electric or switch to a real dps power like it is today.

I really hope you are considering this argument in your balancing. People think Electric is just terrible and I bet its one of the lowest used powers for dps, yet it has some of the best visuals in game. I have over 14000 might on my 188 and my DoTs in T8 are 4-5-10k maybe on a crit while on my own burst characters Ill see 50-200k crit hits which melts the targets (especially adds) and never allows me to reach my own potential. Its just not right.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You don't have to worry about dot powers sucking anymore. On test Sorcery, elec and nature are all great and can hang just fine with more burst heavy powers
  3. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

If it makes you feel better, there may be an electric and nature population explosion after revamp.
  4. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Does anyone know what the minimum amount of SP needed to be effective with electric? I have 165 now on live and I am trying to get more before the revamp. I would defi,ately fall into the Pftt player, not weapons or hybrid.

Thank you
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

On Test I've been spending 60 SP to unlock all crits, and 90 SP into Power. That's been sufficient to play from the tray for me personally, and it's only 150 SP total.
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Have you tested out Electric and Nature? They're arguably the best powers on test.

The burst type powers, like gadgets and what not.. yeah that's another story.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea gadgets and mental need some love. Ice is close but needs a slight bump somewhere and it will be good. Rage seems good and i havent put light to the test yet.