Stats Revamp 1.4 - Nature Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I was thinking.. is there a way that you guys could make pheromone spreading expedited to cut down on power costs?

Then I was also thinking about metabolism.
    That burst has to be stronger and I think it would be wise to do so because it's a pheromone laden ability.
    Or if the reason why it's weak is because of its pheromones, could this be made to leverage pheromones?

Blossom could be a bit stronger on its leverage.
    • Like x 1
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Ok but isnt it based on poison ivy and swamp thing niether can change to animals that was more of my point. Wnd the whole animal morphing thing should be more of a martian mwnhunter or beastboy thing is all nothing else to it.
  3. tiempo Well-Known Player

I wasn't sure if it was splitting, it is, it's just hitting a lil too hard for a 25%, it would be better suited at 50%
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea I agree carnivorous should be a 50%.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

The flora powerset is based on poison ivy, swamp thing...

The fauna powerset is based on Beast Boy.

That was the original intention.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm very surprised how weak the healing feels for nature at the moment :( and those power costs....
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah 9k for Bloom.. that ain't flying with me.
    That's a 450 base cost and it's heals worse than Invocation of Renewal as a channel heal in spite of the pheromones.

Those costs are too erratic and need equalizing asap.
    Plus I don't agree with the Bug Form change.
    That should be an option for pure healers who love it. Make it an entire Final Healing buff.
    Human form will need some love too.. metabolism is nowhere near this pathetic on live. Even compare to Soul Bolt and Overcharge which have the same base strength, it is under performing.
    Cross Poll is OK.
    But then you have Blossom.. LAWD that leveraged PI heal needs love.
    Make it happen Shin-O-B :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Consider its not even in a bad spot. This is what healing will be like (besides the lack of emergency burst).

To be fair, it isnt as bad as 1.0 or any other version until 1.3 that changed a lot of things to the better but healers have to understand that what you experience on live will be gone (noone was asking for those changes but hey lets do them anyway).

Shields obviously need to be adressed still. For someone who isnt deep into healing he/she won't see the details of how healing has been dumbed down with StatsMatter and I have given up around the 1.3 release that they will ever bring those level of gameplay back. It's a mindless spamfest to compensate for the bad healing effectiveness of Restoration (from the one extreme of live being overpowered to the other side of the extreme on test being underpowered) while crossing fingers that your power will be somehow enough as you cant really tell anything about your power bar anymore as it goes up and down like a yoyo with lack of indication where you stand with it and what reserves are left. As soon they fix the shield issue I call it "done" for the healer side and they can push to live cause from there on I don't see it going any better. Nature can hope that Shin-O-B gonna adress the burst issue but everything else seems to catch out their overarching core plan for this update.

I know it sounds negative but its not that bad but more of a sadness state that I hoped there would be a skill expansion for the players (when they announced StatsMatter first time) yet we get the opposite effect and getting hold our hand by the games combat design even further. At least we didnt got an auto-heal function like the auto-pot that controllers gotten ^.^
    • Like x 1
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

I get why the healing feels underpowered compared to Live; they removed one-shots and reduced NPC damage so that means one ability doesn't need to heal you to full anymore. I'm not sure I agree that makes the game "easy-mode" though.

One-shots required the Devs to give us overpowered and broken abilities (AMs) to compensate, and it also pigeon-holed them into creating content that's light on mechanics and heavy on burn. With one-shots gone, the Devs can now give us raids with mechanics that we can't just ignore and burn through. The mechanics will have enough time to fully play out which, in turn, makes the content more difficult (but in a good way).
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

One-shots are still present everywhere and it doesnt matter that they move forward to avoid those in future content when current content still has those present and anyone who levels up gets the wrong impression of the game and maybe jumps ship befire he reaches the point of "new content". Common brought up example is Olys 2nd boss fight where the standard tap+hold HB 360 AoE weapon attack of Hecate is killing anyone in range.

Yes they adjust content but no, I highly doubt they really adressing every single current existing one-shot in the game. There can be still more than enough damage floating around making you spam as a heal your bar mindless in hope you get the peeps in your group back up on health.

They changing too often things in the game but forgot to adjust the rest of it and streamline the complete game experience. Look how often your loot system changes when starting a new character. When people reach endgame they don't even know what the current lotting plan is even.

Just to get back here. I know they wanna add more meaningful content and thats good but as it currently stands I do not see any progress being made towards addressing one-shots or anything alike in old current content but thats actually more smth for the general feedback than nature feedback section :)
    • Like x 2
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

agree. devs made it easy for themselves, in other words: i think its kinda cheap. also: they made it impossible to use WM wich is at one point a good thing (no way my nature wolf uses dualpistoles!) on the other hand it takes away some options for combos... suggestion: leave it martial arts, but make it so that the WM are there, just using some of the old CLAWS animations instead! just an idea... wouldn't be hard to implement, because you would only have to change how the WM look like... dont you think?
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: there is only ONE power for 100 power cost... we need a second option!
    also: roar doesnt do dammage at all! it stuns, yet no dammage comming out of it.
    was that intended??? i guess it is a bug, because it is stated that it would...
    however: it is also stated that wolf form triggers some effects of roar, savage growth and thorn shield.
    how does it affect them and what effect do the get from wolf form? i have not seen much, but if i use
    thorn shield with voratious plants, it seems i get night immortal... is there a healing effect combining those?
    details... they are important!
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: if i use wolf skin and transform into wolf form, it looks like wolf looses the tail...
    its just a cosmetic thing but anyways: can you add a tail to wolf form?
    it is supposed to be a werewolf something, doesnt it?
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Whether they've adjusted the content yet or not, it is clearly their intention to remove one-shots almost entirely from the game with this Stat Revamp. Avair mentioned this as one of his primary goals:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...rview-and-philosophy-read-this-second.282057/

If you find old content that is still one-shotting you, it was recommended to post it in the appropriate thread for the Devs to fix:
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Let's stop derailing please and thank you.

Quite frankly the meta sucks. They need to move away from just heal the tank. Make team heals of equal importance through add placement and actual mechanics in content.
    But this is not the place for addressing that. That should be in general feedback and in the tier threads.
    Take it there. Leave it out this thread.
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

People (including myself) have complained about the healing strength of abilities on Test a lot, yet the Devs have stated they don't want to increase it anymore than they have. It seems this is due to a new design direction where they are looking to lower NPC damage and remove random one-shots. So the discussion is clearly relevant as long as people are talking about heal strength being too low.
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That still seeds to be in Avair's thread.
    I get it lol. I have as well but still, there's multiple threads on support roles.
    NPC damage has nothing to do with Nature itself. It's just the healing as a whole not just isolated to Nature.

Please feel free to add to conversation there as you've done here. (Don't want post removals in this thread that's why)
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Oh i remember the first round of healing...oh my was that scary :( I was just surprised at how little burst healing nature can do. I think if thats tuned up a bit we'll be in a ok spot for where the stats revamp is going. Also I think priority heals need to be stronger and like you said shields need to be addressed.

I like that healing isn't super awesome cause it will encourage 2 healers in more things and anything to get rid of this 5 dps meta is a good thing but i think they went about it a bit wrong.
    • Like x 2
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think removing all one shots is a mistake. Sure get rid of the random uncontrollable stuff like a maniac jumping into the group and killing someone and theres nothing anyone can do but bosses and npc's that put up the attack thing above their heads should still do a one shot or close to it if your not blocking or doing what your supposed to at that time. There still needs to be mechanics and consequences for not obeying them. Content like Prime, wave and nexus all had good mechanics i'd like to see more of that stuff.

I'd also like to see more stuff like in destiny ( i know different game) but no matter how geared up you are if you don't obey the mechanics you either die or its a team wipe theres no way around it and that forces people to learn things and good team work and thats what this game needs.
    • Like x 4
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I agree but people not completeing content doesn't make money. I wish they followed stuff like what you were saying. Go back to dox days with everything fix jump cancelling but keep new powers and buff and weaken things with parser system.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.