Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Read Avair's stats revamp 1.4 post here first!

Light

As part of the stat rebalance pass we are paying close attention to balance between power sets as well as between individual abilities. One of the ways to ensure this happens is to have a clean separation between super powers and weapons or more importantly the stats used by those ability types. This means we are changing any combo attacks linked off of super powers to use the Might stat and cost some amount of Power.

Changing combos to use Might and Power gives us a much better way to compare and balance a combo power set to a non-combo power set since all the abilities will run under the same rules. It is also easier to understand what stats you need to purchase or mod into for your character based on your play style as opposed to what power set you are using. This also means combos are no longer vulnerable to counters, unless they are channeled abilities, and also no longer cause counter attacks. Atomic Combos are already like this on the PC Test server as an example.

In the stat rebalance we have some standard power costs, 100/200/300, being used for most abilities. For the Light power set we have set the Construct Combo tray abilities to either be medium or high cost (200 or 300) while the tap/hold combos are all low cost (100). This means the best way to stay power efficient is to combo as long as you can before you use another super power off the ability tray. The medium and high cost super powers offer more utility from their inclusion of crowd control effects or Controller debuffs. So while in battle you will need to decide if the situation calls for a special effect or staying power efficient.

Here are the changes made to Light. If you have been keeping up with the rebalance you will notice most of these changes are to hit new standards for cooldowns, buffs, or supercharge gain.

• Construct Combos
      • Removed crowd control effects from the combo (taps & holds) attacks
      • Changed all Construct Combos to use Might instead of Precision
    • Ram
      • Decreased the cooldown to 500 from 850
      • Decreased the knockdown height to prevent losing sight of the targets when used up close
      • Now has one hit instead of three smaller ones
    • Minigun
      • Reduced the amount of pushback before the stun kicks in to prevent the targets from getting out of range of follow-up attacks
    • Impact
      • The 3 hits will apply even at full range instead of the first hit being melee distance only
    • Triage
      • Decreased the cooldown to 18 seconds from 20 seconds
    • Fan
      • Increased the cooldown to 3 seconds from 2 seconds
    • Entrap
      • Removed the Crushed PI because Light has no way to take advantage of Crushed.
    • Light Barrier
      • Increased the cooldown to 18 seconds from 15 seconds
    • Lightblast
      • Increased the cooldown to 4.4 seconds from 50 milliseconds
    • Group Shielding
      • Increased the cooldown to 30 seconds from 12 seconds
    • Ballistic Assault
      • Increased the cooldown to 30 seconds from 500 milliseconds
    • Strafing Run
      • Increased the cooldown to 60 seconds from 1.5 seconds
      • Removed the Burning PI but left the damage over time. This is because Light has no way to take advantage of Burning.
    • Restore
      • Increased the cooldown to 60 seconds from 1.25 seconds
    • Light Weight
      • Added supercharge generation
      • Increased the cooldown to 3 seconds from 0 seconds
    • Inspiration
      • Buffs your Weapon DPS and Precision by 33% for 12 seconds
    • Recharge
      • While in Control Role, buffs yours and 3 group members Weapon DPS and Precision by 10% for 12 seconds
    • All abilities have had AoE sizes normalized like the last 6 power sets
      • Long cones are skinnier than short cones
      • Ranged spheres are 7 meters
    Please let us know how Light plays on PC Test and which playstyle (Pfft / Hybrid / Weapon) you are playing with during your testing.
    • Like x 2
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

Niiiice, glad to see Controllers get some love!
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Did the weapon buff on recharge get applied to Gadgets and mental too?
    • Like x 4
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The only thing I'm worried about is Recharge. This sounds like it'll overwrite our own Weapon Buffs? If it doesn't overwrite the Hybrid/Weapon Focus user's Weapon Buffs of 33% then I'm fine with it. If it does overwrite the buff, clearly I wouldn't want that 10% buff hitting me. It's going to affect 3 players closest to the controller.
    • Like x 2
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

I'm having an issue with the power cost, every single tap can't be 100 power because it makes using combos impossible. Playing from the tray is also out of the question because everything is 200 or 300, but then having to apply PI every 6 seconds makes PffT just not viable. And the issue is that with Light to do damage you have to use a combo rotation since all the strong damage attacks are chained, but using this for example Claw-HC-Swing-Boxing-Chainsaw will cost you a lot, on adds it's nothing much but on bosses the cost is too much. I have to use 2 soders and a supply drop on bosses. I don't think each tap should count but only the initial tap of each part of the chain, or lower the power cost. Range also has issues, is very weak compared to melee which again makes it an issue on bosses, not a single range attack benefits from a PI, while on melee almost every attack does, Range needs to be an option and not a clutch.

Chances are many wont agree with me and will just say this is what Light needed, that's your opinion but testing Light is the only reason I'm still around so I'll will do my best to see it works as it should.

Forgot to mention I'm CR 176 with all crits and 52 into power, 51 into Might, Might mods. Power 27,195 Might 10,757
    • Like x 4
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I will be logging on shortly but I do have to ask.

Why remove the PI generators from powers?

Just because a power set does not have use of the PI a power might generate it encourages mix matching of power sets in groups because they might mingle with each other better than others.
    • Like x 3
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

mix and match in DCUO translates to segregation.
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Potential bug:While doing the Rotation of, Grasping Hand, Fan, Impact, Back into Grasping hand.

by the time i would get into impact it made me Vulnerable and it would continue into my other combo's i think this is a bug.

pic of impact entering Grasping Hand notice the Vunlerable
    [IMG]

After trying it out again, after hitting impact: my rotation continuess to be Vunlerable, i do mean the entire rotation.

Edit: after doing a melee load out with Impact in it it seems i am still Vunlerable in it as well.

[IMG]

[IMG]

impact is not Vunlerable, or least that's what it showsin the power Tree

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Another possible bug this may be related the the possible bug i reported before:

After hitting a Vunlerable move you stay Vunlerable No matter if you switch into a different power:

Rotation: Grasping Hand, Light blast, Minigun,Ram,Fan,impact, back into Grasping hand: Note: Light Blast is Vunlerable move, as soon as i activated it, i was Vulnerablewith the Rest of my entire Rotation.

Pics: Starting out with Grasping hand which isn't Vulnerable
    [IMG]

Next Light blast as soon as i hit it everything became Vulnerable
    [IMG]
    still in the middle of Combo rotation, Next MiniGun, minigun is a Vulnerable so this does make since.
    [IMG]

But:ram not Vulnerable but still in middle of Rotation so am still Vulnerable.
    [IMG]
    Fan Same issue:
    [IMG]

impact again not sure on impact as i reported it was Vulnerable during a melee Rotation so not sure.

[IMG]

Finally: Back into Grasping hand which started the Rotation and wasn't Vulnerable, but now is:

[IMG]

ps Sorry about some of the pics timing the animation while taking a picture a bit hard with a keyboard.

inside the HL Tree only two that are Vulnerable are Lightblast and minigun.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

So um...interesting bug I found while doing Raising Hades to get gear and test out Light. I am getting Anniversary Feats. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I am just reporting as bugs happen.

[IMG]
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Another bug report.

Ram is only hitting once now. Not 3 times. I see nothing in the notes that states this change so I am taking it as a bug.
    • Like x 1
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

so far, i feel like its slower, the costs are WAAAAAAYYYYY too high. Its pretty much impossible to reliably combo.

You need to give combo powers a play style of their own because these powers were designed to be played from the tray. The way iot is now, you jkust copied the idea of high medium and low cost powers to Hard light and its not working. The costs are simply way too high, even on the lower cost powers

the switch to might will completely ruin our current builds and you have nothing to remedy that.'

Since you switch us to might, the attack buffs will remain untouched because they do not buff might. Im not gonna stop my combos to share my buff, or buff attacks that i'm not going to be using.

impact and ram, not hitting 3 times, vulerability is all over the place, you placed our SC generator on HL's least used power ( light weight)

like seriously? can you please redesign light weight? It still does abysmal damage, looks pretty wonky and it is very very slow and awkward to use.
    • Like x 6
  13. CassUV Well-Known Player

Light Weight SC Generator...
    Group Shielding 30 secs cooldown...
    Light Barrier 18 secs cooldown...
    Not a single Might Buff...
    Higher costs...

Finally ill move on from HL to another power...

Downloading n testing just to be sure...
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I have to disagree man.

So far at 173-174 CR doing Raising Hades Duo I can continuously do the range rotation with ease and never run out of power with the measly 175 skill points (I have 296 on Live so 175 is measly to me :p).

I can do Impact into Chainsaw, Chainsaw, Chainsaw, Chainsaw, Ram, Fan, Impact enough times to help kill what needs to be killed before getting low on power.

Is this the best rotations? No clue man as I haven't parse tested anything yet. Running content over and over to get gear but the parse testing will come.

But with all that said, I have to say I'm enjoying the changes just fine so far. It doesn't feel any slower or faster on Test than what is on Live.
  15. inferno Loyal Player

I'm posting the same results on the HL thread and weapon thread and I am adding the Electric build and Mental build as a comparison. Using the same gear and mods except for the weapon build which is prec based instead of Might.

Toon is 173 cr - vendor gear, modded with Might and power and health and power and no base mods or league mods are activated. 170 sp allocation 20 critical chance, 40 critical damage 109 to power. These are all the same for the power testing.

Tested on the 3 league sparring bots, on a 10 second parser. For Electric, After the 10 second parser is posted I leave for 20 seconds to get the average 10 because the DOT causes a damage remainder. Each rotation usually ends at the 10 second interval with no power left. I am purposely not using any supercharge attack.

These are all PpfT and no weapons are used.
    Electric:
    arc lightning -- static push-- electrocute-- shockwave-- tesla ball --arc lightning --shockwave--static push-- tesla ball.
    Average damage per second is 15k. total average damage is150k

Mental - I am going to use Mental as the base to compare as I just could not find a rotation to match Electric's damage output without using a supercharge.
    mass terror-- phantom flames-- mass levitation --telekinetic bolt --repeat rotation
    Average damage per second is 12k. Total average damage is 120 k

Hard Light -
    chompers, fan into claw into minigun repeat rotation until power is out which ends at 10 seconds.
    Average damage per second is 12k. total average damage is 120k.

Finally, for the weapon I switched armor to mod with Precision instead of might. I activated the staff into rifle WM. SP allocation 20 to critical chance, 40 to critical damage and 90 into precision. Using HL's inspiration for increased weapon attack. This is the most damage I could find using the weapon, the weapon mastery into rifle and anything else drops the damage into 90k total average.

inspiration for increased weapon damage; downward smash combo clipped with lightweight; repeat rotation until the 10 sec parser repeates.
    Average damage per second is 11k. Total average damage is 110k.

So from these results, It looks like Mental and Hard light is capable of matching their damage in the same time period. I wanted to see if there were better Mental loadouts to test but I can't find the thread. I wanted to test it further using my restriction of no supercharges and no weapon use.
    • Like x 1
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

Oh yeah I forgot to mention during the Faust fight in the T7 solo you can't use any range attacks on the portal anymore which is something you can currently do on Live.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I noticed this too in the Raising Hades final boss fight. No projectiles from HL Constructs hit the orbs anymore. Melee Constructs do...but anything projectile based does not.
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

After the first round of my testing I have found that the Range Rotation of "Fan, Impact, Light Blast, Mini-Gun, Ram, Fan, Repeat" is borderline infinite at 173 CR with no skill points put into Power nodes. This is because of the channeling of Light Blast and Mini-Gun. Power has a chance to regen while doing those two constructs. Because of this rotation and it's power management it is possible to start it over again via Fan (power) once every 10-15 seconds when you are paired with a Controller (you would do this to get benefit from your neck mod and hand mod). However when doing solo content or Duos it is best to not restart the rotation if you can help it because power will start to be a issue at 173 with no skill points put into Power nodes. It is nice though to know players will be able to play solely from the tray when they need to or chose to range in content.

I'm still tinkering with Melee Combos to find that sweet spot with one that can be played solely from the tray but it is looking like that might not be possible without a Controller because of the speed at which the combos are performed. With a Controller however you can easily pull of "Fan, Claw, Hard Claw, Ram, Fan, Repeat" and not run out of power.

Much more testing is needed to get a better grasp on all the changes but this so far is what I have found in the last few hours.

P.S: Remember that this feedback is 173 CR with 175 skill points and no power spec'd into Power nodes. For those of us Light players who on Live have 250-300 SP we will easily be able to play from the tray without sacrificing Might, Critical Attack Chance, and Critical Attack Damage as we will have left over SP (roughly 15-65 SP depending where you are at) to put into power.
    • Like x 3
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I specced heavy into power and found I could never run out of power if I mixed channels in with the fast quick to next combos. This was a good thing, but I don't know if the damage was all that great in comparison to the other two out right now.

Can someone give me the pure range and pure melee combos again? It's not so easy to look at them now that they aren't in trees anymore. One downside to the changes to Power Points Removal.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I observed the same, doing the impact, light blast, minigun, ram, fan rotation I noticed if you let LB and MG run their course you will be fine on power, but you actually do more damage ending them both at the first tick, I thought that was an interesting trade off.

Meleeing I don't much about I never messed around with it much before, I just did the claws, entrap, boxing gloves, chainsaw rotation and noticed it's a lot less power friendly due to lack of channeling and quick combo inputs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.