Stats Revamp 1.4 - Nature Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin-O-B Developer

Read Avair's stats revamp 1.4 post here first!

General Nature Notes:
    o The Terror power interaction has been removed
    § Streamlined power interaction effects, as there were not many powers that utilized Terror
    o Pheromone effects
    § Pheromone duration reduced to 12 seconds from 40 seconds to bring them in line with other power interaction effects and encourage active engagement
    § Reduced the effective Pheromone count to 3 from 4, which opens up tray options while in Healer Role, simplifies Pheromone stacking, and reduces the time to reach maximum stacks
    § Savage Growth now shares a Pheromone stack with Bloom, which allows you to add this stack more quickly and at a lower cost compared to casting Bloom
    o Poison effects
    § Serpent Call has been added to the list of abilities that inflict Poison
    § Savage Growth now shares a Poison stack with Serpent Call
    o Forms
    § Forms have been simplified and set up so that they are balanced with your normal form. That way, you do not have to feel obligated to play as a form to be most effective in that role. The forms will simply function differently.
    o Power restoration effects
    § All abilities with Power restoration have had those particular effects removed, as Power restoration is the domain of Controllers
    · Savage Growth
    o Delivers damage over time in Damage Role, and delivers healing over time in Healer Role. Separating the functions allows the damage and healing components to be more effective and have greater output
    o Shares a Pheromone stack with Bloom, offering a lower cost option than Bloom
    o Shares a Poison stack with Serpent Call, offering a higher damage option than Serpent Call
    ·Briar
    o Relatively unchanged in all forms
    ·Serpent Call
    o This ability is now a Supercharge generator
    o Inflicts Poison, instead of Terror, and shares a Poison stack with Savage Growth
    o No longer affected by Carnage
    ·Vine Lash
    o Relatively unchanged in most forms
    o In Gorilla Form, this ability will pull multiple targets, expediting the application of Poison
    · Harvest
    o Harvest was an ability that had many functions and has been simplified. This allows the ability to be more focused and effective as opposed to spreading its budget over a wide variety effects.
    o Harvest deals burst damage and spreads existing Poison stacks to additional targets
    o The beneficial effects of this ability have been removed and shifted to a new ability: Flourish.
    ·Bloom
    o Now shares a stack with Savage Growth, instead of Cross Pollination
    ·Cross Pollination
    o No longer shares a stack with Bloom
    · Metabolism
    · Blossom
    o Leverages Pheromone effects for additional healing, without consuming them
    · Hive Mind
    o This ability has been removed, as we no longer buff Might or Restoration through abilities. Hive Mind has been replaced by a new ability: Flourish.
    · Flourish
    o This ability works much like Harvest, but on the healing side of things. It delivers a burst heal, followed by healing over time, and spreads existing Pheromone stacks to additional allies.
    · Voracious Plants
    o No longer benefits from the Terror power interaction, but continues to benefit from Poison
    o This ability is Nature’s main spammer
    ·Impaling Thorns
    oNow leverages Poison effects to deal additional damage
    o In Gorilla Form, this ability will damage multiple targets, increasing its effectiveness
    · Thorn Burst
    o This ability is now a Shield, rather than a Defense buff
    o In Damage Role, this ability spreads existing Poison stacks to additional targets
    o In Healer Role, this ability deals burst damage and benefits from Poison, instead of spreading Poison (there is an error in the tooltip that we're aware of)
    · Swarm Shield
    o In Healer Role, this ability protects group members with a Shield as well
    ·Swarm
    ·Carnage
    o This ability is Nature’s weapon buff, so the critical attack chance and group buffing effects have been removed to bring it in line with other weapon buffs
    o No longer increases the effects of Serpent Call and Roar
    ·Roar
    o No longer inflicts Terror
    o No longer affected by Carnage
    · Carnivorous Plants
    · Chaotic Growth
    · Rampage
    ·Regeneration
    o No longer restores Power, and only regenerates Health
    · Gorilla Form
    o This form now uses standard Brawling weapon combos. This will make the weapon combos easier to understand and help keep them balanced with existing weapons
    o Critical Attack Chance, Critical Attack Damage, Critical Healing Change, and Critical Healing Magnitude are increased in this form
    o Single target abilities like Vine Lash and Impaling Thorns will target additional enemies
    · Insectoid Form
    o This form now uses standard Hand Blast weapon combos. This will make the weapon combos easier to understand and help keep them balanced with existing weapons
    o Critical Healing Chance is increased, while Final Healing is lowered slightly, allowing this form to proc critical heals more often than normal form
    ·Primal Wolf Form
    o This form now uses standard Martial Arts weapon combos. This will make the weapon combos easier to understand and help keep them balanced with existing weapons
    o Critical Attack Chance is increased, while Final Damage is lowered slightly, allowing this form to proc critical damage more often than normal form
    · Dog Form
    o For now, this form has been removed until we can discover where it fits into the Nature power set
    • Like x 3
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Are all of Nature's supercharges supposed to be less than or equal to 1000 SC cost? Coming from the other powersets, it seems a bit weird not having a 2000 SC damage supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

A bit confused on the harvest/flourish thing. Maybe im misunderstanding but it looks to me like u guys made flourish do what harvest already did. Why? If i am not understanding it then by all means please explain it and correct me.
    • Like x 2
  4. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

OK so immediate red flag!!!!!! You changed natures primal wolf form to be a generic martial arts clones to make things simpler. I really ask that you rethink that decision. How simple can you make a tap,hold/ tap,tap,hold/ tap,tap,tap,hold,/ tap,tap,tap,tap,hold. I know it'll be more work balancing that in with the weapons update but you're taking something unique from the power.
    • Like x 2
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    When using Rampage, the critical boosts are not listed under "Current Effects." This maybe related to the other "Current Effects" display bugs for the weapon buffs.

In case anyone is wondering, Rampage boosts your critical weapon/ability chance and critical weapon/ability damage by 10% for 15 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Is there a reason i'm taking damage from using savage growth?? lol In dps stance.

And i'm sooooooo happy you guys kept the spreading and refreshing of natures dots :D
    • Like x 3
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    As CrappyHeals mentioned, Savage Growth is doing damage to the player.

I'm guessing someone put in a negative damage modifier someplace.
    • Like x 2
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm not good with Nature, I just wanted to say that I'm glad the Dog Form was removed. Nothing against it but it doesn't belong there and it made PVP frustrating for people who kept using the dog form to PVP. It's hard to tell what they're doing in the Dog Form.
    • Like x 2
  9. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

If they're using dog form they can't lunge so just spam range things.

I believe it's really but really bad taking out uniqueness of the forms. I just feel all you guys are doing is dumbing down the game. And if it's your power believe me that if you're interested in it you will learn the combos, it's not that HARD. People switching from one power to another like celestial and hard light need to learn new combos, and they do it because it's not hard.

Taking out uniqueness from the powerset it's going to be rejected by a lot of the players of the powerset.
    • Like x 2
  10. IamINC Dedicated Player

Everything is being dumbed down on an epic level with support , may as well just make everything a DPS power set and just grant the role buffs we get already in instances.

Really not liking where this revamp is heading now, and I had so much positivism for it too , hope the next few weeks show an improvement for these latest 3 powers.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can't really test out nature properly, Since you're hitting yourself if you try to use savage growth.

My first impressions are pretty good with nature.

Possible downside:

Primal wolf isn't unique anymore, Now while I don't really care to use shapeshifting all that much with Nature; I still like the uniqueness.

Right now if you're a nature guy using Martial arts in human form, just stay with MA in human form; there's no difference.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Roar is not doing damage in Damage role and for Primal Wolf Form:

It seems to work ok in Healer role.
    • Like x 2
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Thorn Burst is not doing damage in Damage role and for Primal Wolf Form:

It does damage in Healer role.
    • Like x 2
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Healer feedback:

I'll post base numbers tomorrow. Just taking a look at things.. I'm literally shocked that there's no burst at all.
    Nature is straight up hot and if that's gonna be the case then those hots gots to be buffed up considerably.

Right now Electric is the top healer with Sorc being middle of the road. Then you have Nature as bottom of the barrel.

Suggestions:
    If you have Pheromones with such a low duration then buff the actual heal interaction to 6-8 base strength.
    I would like to see Blossom have a strong hot and Bloom to have a powerful hot.
    Bloom would need to be on the fringe of bursty... like 2k type hots.

Cross Pollination.. uhm..

Wel the good thing is that all the hots are jump cancellable with full hot benefit. I just don't like lack of burst or strong hots.
    It messes with power efficiency and team survivability
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I noticed the same thing. Its working in gorilla and healer stance but not dps.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep but it will spread dots already out but no burst.

Every time i'm going to post stuff i see your feedback. I'm always a few min late lol
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Swarm is awesome - perhaps a bit overpowered. Just by itself, it is doing 9500 damage per second to 10,5000 damage per second on multiple sparring targets groups at CR 177:

This is a really good power with 350 base power cost, 15 second duration, and 12 second cooldown, You can easily keep this running full time.

Compare that to Gadgets terrible Suppressor Turret. That pet power has a 300 base power cost, 15 second duration, and 30 second cooldown. Turret is lucky to average 3,000 to 35000 damage per second by itself.
    • Like x 1
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

Blossoms burst heal option is gone without any replacement (went through all healer options. Nature is lacking here something fundamental now. Just an observation :)
    • Like x 2
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

It is a good power but even using 3 dots, swarm,harvest,carnage and voracious its still in line with what i can do with electric it just takes a bit more work to get there with nature cause of form changes. After i go through some more stuff i'll be posting some numbers up.

The dots are so weak :( but i understand why with swarm actually being good. Also it gives nature a good option for adds cause it still kinda lacks in burst so i feel swarm makes up for that.
    • Like x 1
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

No dog?! There goes the fun again!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.