Stats Revamp 1.3 - Atomic Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thanks for the Clarification on IE.

Does/Will the Aura have any benefits when used in the DPS Role? So far the tooltips dont give any information for the DPS side. Atm, doing Combos in the PftT loadout is fine but gaining the Aura is just for show as it doesnt do anything besides the 2nd Combo refreshing the Aura.
  2. spord Developer

This is actually another tooltip issue. The Atomic Combos and Quark-Gluon Aura work as a damage PI (extra 10%). I'll add that info to the Atomic Combo tooltips.
    • Like x 2
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thank you so much!
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Whoever watched the video I posted, saw that despite the weak group, even so, what made me more difficult was the fact that I was always powerless!
    It was a spin and the power was gone!
    Even beating did not return enough power!
    And I could not beat it because I had to keep combos to stay alive, so to keep combos I needed power, but I had no power!
    It was a torment !!!:eek:
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Idea to solve the Tank Spending problem!

Was on the test server beating the sparring with the tank, while figuring out how to solve the problem of the tank's power return, when I had an idea while observing it.
    In the video I placed below you will perseber that we spend the same amount of power when we execute a combo ..
    Every three moves and as if we were using 3 powers at the same time!
    As an atomic tank uses two powers for each combo, and the same as we are using 6 powers!
    Even if there is a reduction in power spending, it is still clear how much we spend.
    The idea:
    To solve the tank issue is only to make these powers that generate aura, when used as tank only spend the power in the first attack! Not spending power on the rest of the combo!
    In this way we will be able to keep more with our aura! And even if we have to use a weapon the return will be enough.
    • Like x 1
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Aura could increase power regen in Tank role.
    Seems only fair since other tanks wont be required to spec Power to be able to keep their main mechanic up.
  7. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Based on feedbacks on the latest Atomic Tanking build, the general consensus of testers suggest that Power-Back/Regeneration be incorporated into the Quark-Gluon Aura and be activated alongside with it. Now the actual Power-Back/Regeneration timing and value can be decided by the Developers on when to occur/transpire, whether on the actual combo activation instance or on the 2nd part of the combo.

Hoping that we can get some answer soon coz this is the only weak link left on Atomic Tanking that needs a fix, and then we're done.
    • Like x 2
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

If you spec power you will not have issues with power in tank role. I actually like power in the revamp better than on live now. Mainly because we can spec into power and it actually counts. The only thing that you need to do is look at your power costs with each power used. Then watch your power bar. The lower the bar goes the slower it regenerates. I saw guys having issues with power playing hybrid o_O............ I'm like wha????

Testing Atomic ( DPS or tank ) I could play from the tray with 11k power at CR 116. That was using the current combo powers and the current powers for Atomic's AM on live.
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The problem with a tank having to spec power is that you already have to spec 40 sp into crits that really don't affect your role. Requiring those initial 40 sp in the crits is BS for a tank. They should add another stat there for tanks, maybe mitigation or something
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You only have to spec 20 points into crits but I understand what you are saying. We should be able to skip the crits if we want.
    It is still a lot less points than we have to spec now to get our def and other options to open up.
  11. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In the case of the atomic tank in exclusive, this does not work very well as I explain and showed in the video above!
    As a DPS I have nothing to complain about, but the mechanics of the tank require a different way that extra care is needed ...
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

All I am saying is that you need to look at your loadout closer because I did not have issues with power in tank role after I adjusted my loadouts or popped a soda for more power. I'm almost positive that you started playing before GU 47 so I am really surprised that you are having issues with power.
    • Like x 1
  13. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Can u please show us a video of you Atomic Tanking one of the end game raid with a solo Troller please to verify your claim? Thanks
    • Like x 2
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I suggest that you start with 11k power @ CR 116 and look at what you need to do there and figure it out for yourself. It's not that hard. Just because you could not figure it out does not mean it cannot happen. Take off your blinders. It is easy to figure out.

Most of the combo powers are a 100 and one is 200 if I remember correctly:p . I slept since yesterday. LOL

I was able to PftT tanking with Ice and Atomic. Its called power management, using a cola, buff cola or adjusting gear mods as needed. Maybe if players would stop with the pew pew pew pew pew mentality and think for a second it is really not that hard.

The solo controller thing is also for experienced players. There were a lot of players on test that were kind of clueless.
    Also as far as end game goes. There are a lot harder things to test than end game. While most were trying to SPAM OLY I was trying to test lower stuff at CR.
    • Like x 1
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

wut?
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

So as atomic we have to waste sp mods etc into power when other tanks do not. That's not balance.
  17. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Can u please post your video here showing your Atomic Tank build and actual gameplay on one of the end game raid with a solo Controller? So we can figure all these assumptions of yours? No worries, we don't have any blinders on so we can watch it :p

Just to remind you, Atomic works on a combo system unlike Ice's insta-cast. Why is it that even up until now on this Stas Revamp stage, there are people who still got no clue on how Atomic Tanking works and even pushing it to play just like Ice? I think it's because of the blinders ;)

PftT with Ice? really? :eek:
  18. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

By his speech I have two conclusions:
    1 you focused almost everything on power rather than dominance defense or health right?
    I did this test and I actually had a better result, but the tank gets much weaker ... It's not the immortal atomic tank I'm used to playing! I got off the ground and went to the atomic because it was totally different from the other tanks! A tank that never had to defend itself! I could finally fight and not stay blocking, and these changes are taking this away ...
    2 you just tested with CR 116! If this is the case you will not really experience much suffering.
    I already had a discussion about this here in the forum. I even made a video about it.
    The lower your CR, the easier your power consumption!
    The higher your CR, the greater your power consumption!
    So when we ask you to test in the final raids, it's for you to get an idea of ​​what a tank of cr 175 is on! Where when you make a spin and your power practically ends!

And about your question if I played before the GU 47, yes, I play since the end of the year 2011!
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

IKR .....LOL
    That's what I said when I tried it out. :D
  20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Atomic was made right smack dab in the middle of AM's and you need to understand that this update
    is going to change a couple things like it or not. Atomic players are going to have to watch their power just like the rest of the players and there is no getting around that. What I saw from Atomic was not bad considering what we saw at first. I actually thought it was pretty dang awesome.

I'm sorry if your use to being Sir Spamms-A-lot but you're going to have to get over it.
    I had zero issues using combos without stopping as Atomic DPS or tank.
    I also ran every tier that had a box of gear in the vendor as a tank and I had no issues.

As a tester we would assume that testers would be sharp enough to figure some things out like power management. Others & I already lobbied to get players better explanations on powers etc... throughout the game and what do you know............ You now have a lot more information to help understand power usage.
    The only other thing that I could do is do it for you and I'm not doing that.

PftT with ice really........... tank role too.

1. I didn't say I only tested with CR 116.
    I said start with CR 116 and go from there to see if you understood that power consumption scales with you.
    If you get your power figured at CR 116 ( mods, SP, cola buffs etc) you will be fine as you get new gear.

2. I used mixed mods which if you want to spam powers you will need to do.

3. I was testing all the stats in regards to tanking and testing all the content not just the
    end game (5% of the game) that people are so focused on. There is more to DCUO than OLY & GOM.
    That is one thing that you seriously need to realize.

4. I wasn't asking you if you played before GU 47 I stated that you probably played prior to GU 47.

Ice tank you can PftT as well of you want. So yes that's balance. You have to remember that Atomic was made right in the middle of AM's and the other tank powers were not. There will be some changes to power we just have to deal with. It's not bad at all for atomic. Some are just refusing to see the information that is in front of them and make good use out of it.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.