Stats Revamp 1.3 - Sorcery Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Omg yes please. Those auras are so beautiful. I'd love to see them come back. As for their mechanic:

EDIT: thank you so much for bringing shard back. I really enjoyed testing it so far and it's really improved my experience.
    • Like x 2
  2. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I always liked the soul auras visual. How ever I did not ever enjoy useing the pet play style except the guardian in healer role.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

To be honest that would be better than not having the Red Soul Aura and Gold Soul Aura.
    I'm fine with the pet doing that.
    Heck if you can make Vengeance Aura come back too I'd be ecstatic! (Maybe make Guardian trigger the Vengeance Aura?)
  4. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Wassint the vengeance aura the same thing as the gold one ? Gone in gu 32 ?
  5. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

For Red Soul Aura, you could have it apply after a quick (2-3) stack of powers that do damage while in DPS stance. For Gold Soul Aura, you could do the same, but with healing powers in healer stance. Basically similar to the way Atomic is currently getting it's Quark aura on Live. This way playstyles and loadouts won't be forced and the aura is applied doing what they are intended for.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Any chance you can make it work kinda like atomic one - overriding regular aura?
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

That makes the most sense. When I think of this, it reminds me how when you summon Brick for the Earth Power Set you get the seismic waves and dirt debris floating around you and Brick. Would it be possible to extend it also to the pet? RSA for you and Fury and GSA for you and Watcher? If not, lets roll with your idea. Much appreciated Moja!

Edit: Just remembered something related to animations. Would it also be possible to extend the duration of Weapon of Destiny's hand enhancement? If you think of Atomic's Atom-Powered Assault, the hands are glowing for the full duration of the effect. It's the same with other powers too like Celestial's Benediction. Except with Weapon of Destiny, the animation hand glow instantly goes away.
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hello there my friend. The animation glow is there and in full effect! It looks great! Check out a DPS video on my channel.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I myself hate Fury but I do like the Red Soul Aura. We should not be excluded from having access to the aura because we don't use Fury. Just have it appear if you KO a mob or something.
  10. L T Devoted Player

Having anything die inside the range of a soul well used to give a small (3%?) crit buff-- but there was never any indication of it. If you brought back that mechanic, Red Soul Aura would be a perfect indicator.

Not sure what the healer analogy would be.

Alternately, you could make it a kind of supercharge indicator. When you reach 100% supercharge, you get whichever aura is appropriate for your role. That way it wouldn't be tied to any particular ability, but it would still have meaning.
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

On live the auras always made sense to me whenever I had a pet out. I really didn't understand what the aura meant when the pet wasn't up. A text in the description to mention what the aura means and effects would also be nice for certain powers. Should affect players who use pet builds.
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I just don't get the pet hate, lol Harlequin. I love Sorcery and it's pets. Maybe I'm just in the minority lol.

I would say I like having the auras while having the Pets out. Makes sense mechanics wise. Shows that your bonded or connected with your pet through the "Soul Auras" (see what I did there? Lol)
    • Like x 1
  13. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Amazing. Thank you Rokyn.
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

Old mechanics are great ! We've been having them for so many years and no developer said they are iffy...We like to get the red and golden soul aura how we get it now on live.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fearless Fury New Player

Why not simply add them to the Market Place. Users will have the option of having them regardless if their
    pet is summoned or not. This should appease everyone, even those who like pets but don't want to be
    forced to have the aura on just because their pet is summoned. In short make it a usable aura like any
    other they can be enabled or disabled.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

I think granting it to players who have pet out is redundant as you can already tell that from looking at you loadout or the pet itself, positioning yourself to be in range of some ability without visual aid is kinda part of the game, so that doesn't seem fun either.
    Personally I would love it if it was somehow tied to pis like Bad karma, so you'd know when to reapply them efficiently.
    • Like x 2
  17. tioalbert Well-Known Player

good morning everyone My suggestions; To activate auras without pets. That are activated when using 3 powers, other than those that activate bad karma, similar to mechanical atomic aura. To activate from mascot. As a pet is already active as a power only needed to activate 2 more powers to activate auras. I would like that with this activation of auras, it disappears the benefits that gives to offer to pets and they are applied with the auras (spoken of another form when activating auras, the pets acquire protection against damages and they are regenerated cure). As visual appearance of auras that is about the animation of power or mascot or only hands and head of the character.
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

A couple of suggestions for the DPS side:

- Polymorph and Baleful should benefit from Bad Karma instead of applying it. Right now Grand Summoning even without Offering on your loadout does better DPS than the fore mentioned Supercharges AND have great added value because serves as a detaunt (guardian) and extra heals (Watcher). This by all means isnĀ“t a request to nerf GS, but instead, make the other two Supercharges viable for Non-pet DPS.

- Transmutation and Soul Bolt. This two abilities seems the same, dealing almost the same amount of damage even if the cost of Transmutation is higher. I suggest then, that Transmutation should become a PI applicator for bad Karma, and make the Circle of Destruction leverage from bad karma instead of applying it, the way Electroute benefits from electrified enemies.

- Give back Soul Well the crit chance buff that it used to have. If not, let it benefit from the Bad Karma PI.

I think this slight changes could benefit Sorcery on the DPS side, and make it reach the same potential that Electricity has right now on test.
    • Like x 2
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I would lean towards standing in range of a soul well as that way your not forced to use the pets to have your aura and I know soul well would be in both of my loadouts for DPS and healer but I really love that red soul aura and really really dont want to not have it any longer so please figure out some way to keep it in
    • Like x 2
  20. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

It would be nice if it was a visual indicator for when your weapon buff is active... DPS

Visual indicator for when your main HoT is active... Healer

That way it still serves a purpose... In this case a visual indicator that alerts you to recast.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.