Stats Revamp 1.3 - Sorcery Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Well it's fine the way it is now, its balanced with PffT. Shard of Life really helps out the PffT people. But at end CR, the statistic that Avair is talking about, is worrying me as a pet user.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I'm not sure. Fury seems a little too weak now.
    I would still rather it fire off three attacks.
    Yeah Shard of Life helps out a lot and you have a point about the pets
  3. L T Devoted Player

At the very least they should split the difference. You're now giving up 2 spots on your load out for Watcher, so its heals ought to be very strong. Maybe not so strong as to make it mandatory-- I'm not in favor of creating a new bug form-- but stronger than it is now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I can fully get behind that. :)
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we did just fine before pets took over this power can work just like all the rest by utilizing a load out and not relying on a pet to carry the load
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I havent looks at this over haul at all yet so quick question
    does soul well still exist and does it still work off a add dying as its intention
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Well now I like the change the developers did in terms of damage in bringing back Shard of Life back. It's a 300 power cost move, combine that with a well placed Circle and couple of other abilities and you have a solid PffT rotation that can compete with the Pets.

I just hope I can still keep up in any content if I use a pet loadout.

I really do like though the different set ups you can do with damage. There's plenty of single target options and AoE options to choose from. I still don't see like the way Soul Barrage's animation is kinda clunky and the other move that inflict Bad Karma.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I will miss red soul aura one of my fav animations in the game
  9. L T Devoted Player

Yes, and no.

It's a heal over time in healer stance and a damage over time in DPS stance, with no crit bonus or burst heals.
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thanks :) I find that disappointing tho it was a beautiful power that most didn't appreciate because many thought it was just a low tic heal
  11. L T Devoted Player

Yeah. It's part of a pattern that, to me, is the only disappointing thing about the update: interactions are going away. Things like soul well's crit bonus, and transmutation's heal from things with bad karma added a whole dimension to the game that, sadly, seems to be going away.
    • Like x 3
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Things look a lot better now. We have solid burst damage moves and Supercharges for Hybrid play with and without Pet. My remaining concerns are:

- Soul Well should get buffed in both roles and to 300 Power costs.
    This would pretty much fix Sorcery currently lacking a bit in terms of DoT and HoT.

- Arbiter of Destiny has no additional effects visible in quick menu.
    Description says it provides increased Power return and lower cooldowns but id rather see some DPS and Healing potency increase instead. PftT DPS or Healer using Arbiter would have already figured out how much power he needs and a rotation to account for cooldowns. Im not sure how useful this SC is without any actual role effects buff increase.

- Soul Storm should be changed to a mobile channel.
    This should be best PftT high cost BadKarma applying ability but if it stays as it is Id probably end up using more reliable abilities even if damage is lower.

- Offering should have an additional Healer role effect beside powering up Pets.
    Id prefer If Watcher's healing strength would be split between Offering and Watcher. This would make all 3 Pets a viable option for Healer role.
    • Like x 2
  13. L T Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure that the visible effects menu is completely broken. Nothing seems to be showing up there.

In Arbiter, the cool down of most powers seems to be roughly cut in half. You can get 3-4 soul wells out. Final ruin is virtually spammable. It's a very powerful supercharge.
  14. Moja Developer

Question for you guys: where would you like to see the visuals for the Soul Auras hooked up (in a way that makes sense), so that players who liked the visuals could keep them, but those who want to use other auras have that option as well?
    • Like x 3
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Could you go into more detail?
    Like what's gonna start the Soul auras?
    And what's gonna disable the aura?

Or are you saying that If we equip a custom aura(Let's say purple) that will cancel out the Soul aura effects?
  16. Mystere Well-Known Player

Yes
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Sure after the fundamentals of the power set are fixed first. (For Healing anyway)
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yes please! how would it work?

BTW, for healing everything projectile and sigil based is very very localized... I would love to see some range expansion on Transmutation and Circle of Protection.

The healing for Circle of Destruction stops as soon as you step out the circle. The animation of the sparkles is what forms the circle around the players and allies. I would love to see that sparkle remain and heal you, your team and allies outside the circle.

For Transmutation can you make the sigil have a range of 15m going out and a radius of 7m?
    The healing could also use a slight bump up.

Soul Bolt is alright. Could this actually take a hit to its damage and become more potent for healing and have a bigger AoE for the healing?
  19. LeftToRight New Player

Im tired of hearing about what was before Am's this is whats going on after everything is being looked at and changing

If i want to a pet in my loadout it should at least do moderate damage compared to a loadout without one #PetsLivesMatter
  20. Moja Developer

Ok I don't think I phrased my question well, so let's do an example instead:
    For instance, we could make it so that if you had a pet out, you would get the visuals from the Soul Auras depending on your role (DPS - Red, Healer - Gold). Alternatively, you could get those visuals while standing in range of Soul Well, etc.

The problem is, there's no real mechanic that makes sense with the auras at the moment (the old mechanics were iffy, which is why they were removed), and there is no clear way to let players choose whether they want these auras without altering their play style in some way (as in the examples above).

So I'm asking for your opinions: what do you think a player should do to trigger the visuals for the Soul Auras? :)

Right now I'm leaning towards the first option I mentioned: granting it to players who have pets out.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.