Stats Revamp 1.3 - Mental Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

pot that can stack? you mean like getting pot from both 2 trollers in group?
  2. Beta Cell New Player

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    That form is too "magic" looking and is clashes with the theme of being a "psychic". This goes completely against the design philosophy of a game that is built on the fantasy of being the hero that YOU create. This is also a total RP killer.

With mental lacking the synergy with stealth that gadgets enjoys and having mass hysteria clearly being a copy paste job from sorcery, the whole set can look and feel like an afterthought.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

precisely
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yuck, not one adjustment today. There are 6 powers that need love on Test, not 5.

:: waits patiently ::
    • Like x 1
  5. Shin-O-B Developer

Thank you for waiting patiently :) There is definitely more to come in the future!

And just a heads up, there are some description errors with Telekinesis and Telekinetic Shield, as some data was accidentally stomped out by some other changes. The functions of these abilities have not changed since the last build.
    • Like x 4
  6. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

why is mass terror still interruptable?
    The interrupt is highly pointless and toxic to the game play.
    • Like x 1
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Hopefully you're adding a "thing." Gadgets has awesome PI stuff, Ice and Atomic have unique things, Electric and Sorcery are also very unique. But it seems like Mental is missing something overall.
  8. Beta Cell New Player

Once again I have to agree with Tybee Tahiri. This feedback may be beyond the scope #statsmatter, but the the problems I have with mental are:

1. It feels generic.
    It feels like a generic "energy projector" super power. Many of Mental's powers could be reskined blue and then placed in quantum. Mental has stealth, but gadgets has it and does it better. Mass hysteria is a another blatant copy/paste job from Sorcery. Bolt Barrage is just a generic "blast attack". Many of Mental's powers have very similar animations and effects. This is an MMO and you spend hours looking at these powers, If the powers look too similar, they will start to bleed together and on some level it feels like your spamming just 1 or 2 powers.
    Mental doesn't have a unique "hook" in terms of game-play or visual flare.

2. Mental doesn't convey the "power fantasy" of psychic powers.
    Gadgets clearly gives the "batman" fantasy. Nature is the "Poison Ivy/Swamp Thing". Who is mental even modeled after? How often do psychic comic book characters turn their opponents into "ghosts"? If you showed mental to a bunch of people who had never played DCUO and told them it was a "Raven/magic" power set, I bet you could fool many of them.
    This is especially true on the illusion side. Part of the problem is that subtle power of "mind control" is hard to convey visually. IMHO the ability to influence NPC behavior and even make them attack each-other is sorely missed here.

9. inferno Loyal Player

Are we certain no changes were made to mental powers in today's update? Ads that I was using for test used to take me 6 to 8 seconds to kill but now It's taking around 11 to 13 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I'm noticing that several of the powers you can use from Invisibility are not triggering the Invisibility damage proc. The only thing that seems to work so far is Ambush: Pain Blast. Examples of things that do not work include Mass Terror, Pscyhic Shock, and Telekinetic Push.

This is probably related to the Gadgets Stealth proc bug.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

Bolt Barrage was the only Ability I tried that I saw the extra Damage Proc for. Reflect Pain, Mass Levitation, and several others I tried did not.

When it did proc, the extra damage was pretty good. Each Bolt was hitting for about 1500 damage, and the Invisibility buff was just over 5000, which works out to about 30%. Not the 100% it was before, but it definitely made it worthwhile to tuck things inside of Invis.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: dont forget to make telekinesis and mass levitation to become combo powers ^^
    enemy target gets levitated. floats. yawns. then get smashed on the ground... :eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.