Stats Revamp 1.3 - Gadgets Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Bug:
    Paralyzing Dart does not increase the combo counter thus it does not give sc regen because of it.

Notice that other powers increase it, but pdart does not.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Since we have sparing targets, I started playing around with rotations. As much as it is helpful, I wish we had options for sparring targets giving power and some that don't. Is there a way to get this option added somehow?

Anyways, I noticed the napalm grenade will burst ice encasement. Will it burst any other ones or just ones that are made by Gadgets players only?
  3. Shin-O-B Developer

Hey Gadgeteers!

I need to finish reading all of your responses, reports, and feedback! I will do so as soon as I can and respond when I can! :) Thank you all for your time and testing!
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

The more I play with it, the more I'm preferring CFoam stay burst. CField's AoE size increase was a major bonus. Then there's the fact it's the strongest DoT power with a PI that's not a supercharge. Too many DoTs is not practical DPS in "comps" (everyone does it in different forms. Fact.) if a stream of power, by troll(s), is constant. Foam hits slightly more than Gauss (good thing). To maxmize damage from CField we need Frostbite and burst from Foam will work well with it as Stasis Field (single target i might add in dps) is ticking away. If Burning is exploited then you have another DoT. Weapon burst combos could be a work around.

DoT loadout already would consist of FG, Napalm, CField. that's already 3 slots plus the Supercharge builder of Stasis Field. All Dots. If foam is made into dot that's 5. Plus I intend to use Stealth for Surprise attack, Bunker Buster & Battle Display (depends on situation). Only burst damage I will be able to perform while stealth is on cool down are weapon combos.

I think if Foam is switched to DoT, chances are the damage per tick is going to be lower than CField. I wouldn't favor that. Field also has rapid ticks, so unless Foam has rapid ticks if it's a DoT or does something special, then it's just another DoT.

I found myself using ESPD consumables alot for AoE PI applicator for EMP since it costs no power & does damage.
  5. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

I am for it staying a burst move but can you please readd the grounding effect?
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Agreed on CFoam. Since Napalm is now a dot and CField works the way it does, there is really no lack of dot options. You can even use Thermite Mine for melee range unless it overrides Napalm, correct me if I'm wrong. Turning CFoam into a dot again would make the Daze/Frostbite module largely dot based and leave us with fewer burst options because of the change to Napalm.
  7. Shin-O-B Developer

The Sparring Targets in your base have breakout profiles, whereas the ones in the HQs do not. I would recommend testing crowd control effects on the HQ targets.

The 100 power cost is a bug, as it should have been increased to 300. Oops! :eek:

The intent was to make the ability more attractive, as a single-target heavy-hitter. That way, it should give you more punch than an AOE heavy hitter. Taser Pull did not seem like an often used ability, so I was testing out this variation to see if it would be more useful.

We will look into both of these issues. The bug with Distract and the Gorgon's ability is definitely lower priority compared to other things since Distract is functioning mechanically.

This is a surprising and interesting bug! Good catch!

This bug is a known issue. I guess I should have acknowledged it when you reported it in earlier builds. Thank you for the continuous reporting! ;)

We consider an "instant breakout" to be 0.25 to 0.5 seconds of reaction time. This particular mob was set up with a reaction time of 1 to 1.5 seconds, as observed.
  8. Shin-O-B Developer

Stasis Field should tick 6 times total, once a second. The Controller Role and Damage Role versions are, believe it or not, separate abilities. The tick gap was updated on one and not the other. Another good catch!
    The Controller Role version of Stasis Field is multi-target. That would explain the behavior you are seeing.
  9. Shin-O-B Developer

I'll take a look!
    The actual range of Neural Neutralizer is 5m.
    I'll look into this as well.
    Bunker Buster is balanced for 100% Supercharge, with damage output equivalent to about 25 Gauss Grenades (without P.I. exploitation). How much more damage do you feel like it should be doing?

This is a possible idea I am floating, but at the moment it is not an explicit plan.

I'm very glad to hear that! :D I'm hoping we can make it even better before officially shipping the changes!
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

I miss the old *beep* *beep* *BOOM* multi-explosion animation that Sticky Bomb has from Live. Any chance of that coming back? Maybe even have it inflict fractured burst damage to match the animation?
  11. Shin-O-B Developer

The transition into and out of this ability will receive polish at some point. :)
    While there isn't a final solution for this yet, I agree that it is redundant compared to EMP.
    Electromagnetic Paralyzing Pulse! :D
    Yes, the proc is intended to affect only your targeted enemy.
    The primary purpose of Neural Neutralizer is a shield and the P.I. effects are intended as opportunistic effects, more than anything. So if you pop Neural Neutralizer to save yourself (or someone else), you could possibly follow up with something that leverages Daze for an additional bonus. If the target is already Dazed when Neural Neutralizer is used, then it will hit a little bit harder. Honestly, there are better tactical Daze setups and exploits than this particular ability.
    There is a bug with this that Penryn pointed out. I commented on it in a previous post.
    This is outside of the scope of this thread unfortunately. Sorry!
    • Like x 1
  12. Shin-O-B Developer

This simply needs some polish! :)

Yes, both versions should have a pretty consistent damage as opposed to a wider range like other abilities. The range would be wider if the overall output was a higher amount.

The Stun on EMP Pulse is actually 500ms, as observed. If the control effect were longer, this ability would deal less damage.

Fear Gas would hit harder if it were not also a crowd control ability!
  13. Shin-O-B Developer

Consider it considered!

This balancing concession is because of Vortex Cannon's crowd control capabilities. When we lowered the cooldown of crowd control abilities, those abilities also received a damage reduction to balance them out with damage dealing abilities that lack crowd control effects.
  14. Shin-O-B Developer

There aren't many other details at the moment, other than the proposed idea. Currently, the AOE radius is 5m, but that will probably be increased to 7m regardless of whether it becomes a P.I. applicator or not.

As for Cryo-Foam, it would more than likely become vulnerable to interrupt.
  15. Shin-O-B Developer

Stasis Field will never do great damage while it is a Supercharge generator. The only way to dramatically improve it at this point would be to make a different ability the Supercharge generator.

We have discussed it before, but there are no immediate plans to do so.
  16. Shin-O-B Developer

I have added this to my list of investigations. Thanks for the report!

There will probably be some changes in the next build.

The current version of Napalm Grenade, Sticky Bomb, and Thermite Mine should burst any encasement from any player.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shin-O-B Developer

Cryo-Foam should ground in Controller Role! :)
  18. Shin-O-B Developer

Sounds like a bit of polish we could look into, but no guarantees!
    • Like x 1
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

To clarify, if Cryo-Foam were changed into a damage-over-time are you saying it would have to made vulnerable to interrupt as well?

If so, please just keep it as is.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Your reference to changing CFoam to a DoT again.

Exactly where are you on a scale of deciding whether to keep CFoam a burst? I really don't want Gadgets to turn into a DoT leaning powerset. Some of the requests being made for it are going by what feels mostly like live CFoam without taking into consideration the new changes overall.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.