Stats Revamp 1.3 - Mental Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Power Set Feedback: Mental

If you haven't, please read this thread about overall survey results.

In this thread, I will address the top 3 pieces of feedback for Mental. In some cases, I will describe what changes we are making based on your feedback. In other cases, I will describe why we are not (at this time) making changes. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback and remains passionate about the Mental power set. We appreciate it and want to make sure that we can continue working together to make Mental amazing.

The top three pieces of feedback are:
    • Crowd Control: You were concerned about how overall crowd control issues impact Mental
    • Debuffs: You were concerned about changes to debuffs
    • Power Healing: You were concerned about changes to Power Healing
    Crowd Control

This topic is discussed at length in the overall 1.3 thread, and we feel the changes there will significantly and positively impact Mental. We have lowered the cooldowns to 3 seconds on 5 crowd control abilities for Mental: Pain Blast, Mass Terror, Levitation, Sleep, and Horrific Visions.

Debuff Changes

At the beginning of the stat revamp updates we determined that we wanted to make sure individual abilities had specific identities. This resulted in splitting debuffs across multiple abilities in order to make the debuff itself the focus of the ability. We also increased the effectiveness of each debuff in order to reinforce this idea. With this next update, we have adjusted some of the places where your debuffs are so that you will be more comfortable with their locations. Let us know how this goes once we're on test.

Power Heals

We increased the effectiveness of power heals across the board. Bam! Basically we are looking to help out PftT people (who get more power) and controllers (who feel more impactful healing power). We increased the output of power heals by roughly 50%.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Mental
    • Mass Terror - DOT tick gap to 1000 from 500.
    • Invisibility - Cooldown reduced to 12 seconds from 18 seconds, has a passive damage bonus, and now triggers a proc of additional damage when using a damage ability from stealth mode.
    • Ambush Sleep - Cooldown reduced to 500ms from 18 seconds, and retains stealth mode.
    • Ambush Pain Blast - Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds from 18 seconds, and now exploits the Dazed P.I. instead of Terror.
    • Psychic Empowerment - Power healing output increased.
    • Telekinetic Push - Pushes targets back, instead of knockdown.
    • Telekinetic Bolt - Knocks targets down.
    • Mass Levitation - Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds from 12 seconds.
    • Mass Terror - Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds from 12 seconds, has an increased range of 25m, and has a reduced radius of 7m from 12m.
    • Terror Tendrils - Cost reduced to low, and damage has been balanced to reflect that.
    • Psychic Shock - Deals damage over time and debuffs Defense, instead of Healing.
    • Phantom Flames - Deals damage over time.
    • Horrific Visage - Applies Terror P.I. and debuffs Healing, instead of Defense.
    • Like x 6
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Psychic Shock as the Damage Debuff!

: little girl scream :
    • Like x 3
  4. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

I like what i'v read so far and almost got debuffs back to normal will have to play and see how it feels\does before i give my ok i'm fines with that
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Glad to see the Cooldowns reduced on ML and MT; as well as the CC improvements.
    Thanks for listening.
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I have been a harsh critic of the previous Revamp versions.
    This version is much improved.
    The crowd control on the DPS side was much improved. The Animations are way better.
    Those two improvements actually made playing Mental fun.
    The DPS side was able to control the adds he was fighting.
    I have yet to take on a mob; but will be interesting.
    I am not sure about the damage out vs damage in; but I'll keep you posted.
    This version has potential. Good Job!
    Currently running Seeing Shades again CR180 DPS, CR175 Troll
    Mob Runs at Typhon in Gotham
    • Like x 1
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Mental isn't really too bad, I actually kinda like it.

• My main issue with Mental is that both PI setups are awkward to use. For Example if you go with a Terror Based Loadout; you'll be lacking severely in the Burst damage department.
    • I tried using Cyro-kinesis to help out with Phantom-flames 3 second cooldown, but it didn't work all that well; mainly because the damage output felt really weak.
    • If you go with a Dazed PI loadout; the options here are quite limiting too; the only powers that leverage the Dazing PI is Telekinetic Bolt and Telekinetic Push. At this point I'd rather just have the Dazing PI removed, and have all the powers leverage off of Terror; since the majority of powers do that anyways.
    • Also If you go with a Dazed PI loadout in Mental, you won't be able to use the 35% finisher terrorize. Artemis taught me the hard way, if you want to use Terrorize you'd better have a Terror based loadout.

Conclusion: Either Mental should have more powers that Leverage Dazed, or the Dazing PI should just be removed all together; because in the end that's handicapping the powerset.
    • Like x 2
  8. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Hello everyone

comments

This was my best balance for control type. (I'm a role player troll)I've been testing controll for three days.

Cr166
    20 critical power
    10 critical magnitude power
    20 critical damage
    60 critical damage magnitude
    Everything surplus to dominion.
    All armor equipment type control (slots of equipment, dominion, presicion and vitalisacion.), Exepto weapon is dps.

Powers.
    1.-terrifying creatures.
    2.-massive terror.
    To terrify
    4.-telekinetic shield
    5.-supercharge threat
    6.-greatness.

Before this I had:

20crit.of power.
    10crit.mag.poder
    And the rest to vitalisation.
    (Horrible results with various combinations of powers.) (Fight vs fausto mori 3 times, fight vs artemis 6 times mori win near dead to seventh attempt.)
    then:
    20crit of power
    10crit.mag. of power
    And the surplus to dominance.
    (Better results with combinations of powers, but not optimal). (Fight with bosses vs faust no mori, but I had to use soda 3 times, pet support base home 1 times, sopórte home base used only 1 time vs artemisa mori 1 You only see while I understand the sequence of the use of my powers, use trinket increments, use soda 3 times, pet support basehogar 2 times, base support 3 times and also orange glass present in combat area, defeated at the second attempt.)
    after:
    20crit. of power
    10crit.mag. of power
    20crit. Of damages.
    60crit.mag. Of damages.
    And surplus to domain.
    (Rather better with combinations of power, but not yet optimal) (I did not have time to prove it vs fausto and sagebrush.)
    And finally, but this does not comply with controll.
    Change all my armor and controll accessories to dps, and same sp like the previous one. (This was much better, but I insist this is no longer being controll.)

Even when you put more than a hundred in domain with a total of 8730 domain, the effects of disorientation, stun and levitate, last little or even vs enemies and vs bosses null or resistant.
    The only power that reduces defense is thought bubble.

We have three enemy damage reductions
    1.-to terrorize (inflicts fear)
    2.- ghost flames (fear damage)
    3.-cryogenesis (I think it's hurt to be disoriented.)

2 health reductions to enemies
    1.-pyrokinesis (damage to disoriented).
    2.-Horrible countenance.

To my thinking what really important here to improve control would be to relocate reductions and other things.

suggestions

1.- move 1 reduction of 1 (reduction health, defense and damages) to each of the 3 powers that inflict fear or disorientation and remove the effects of stunning or levitacion.example A) Terrifying Creeps = apart from inflicting fear now also causes damage reduction to multiple targets (effects of stun and levitation are eliminated.) B) Mass Terror = apart from inflicting fear, panic now also causes defense reduction (eliminating stun and levitating effects). C) Terrorism = apart from inflicting fear now also reduces health (eliminating effects of stun and levitate) D) The same would happen with the 3 powers that inflict disorientation substitute effects of stun and levitate by reductions. 2.-The powers that are removed reductions are replaced by incoming effects after damage such as stun and levitate (if you do too little could also add the inflict crush to interact with other powers that are not control = that bubble ). 3.- only for attributes of pieces or armors type controll increase of statistical attributes in health and / or defense. 4.-allow to activate shield while this active terrorize (how much time I should be about to die or die due to this).
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Well I've run through this a few times and ways and although the fun factor is back; there needs to be more damage out and less damage in. Comparatively speaking. CR 182 Mental on test is like playing CR 169 Mental on live. It is also like playing CR 181 Electric on live; except Electric toon took less damage. If it goes live in this state; it will fail. The "Perception" of weakness is too obvious. If it feels like Live Electric, no one will play it; like Live Electric. Most problems are against bosses; as well as Mobs. Still need more control over bosses. Also would like a heal built into a power like Psychic Resonance had, to enhance survivability. That no longer exists.
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

One other thing I failed to mention, while Mental still is weak; the Terror side with the DOTS is even weaker.
    Damage doesn't come off the Bosses fast enough, even with multiple DOTs being run.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

does that mean, if we get phantom flames dots back, we get the old burning animation back aswell? i mean, that would be great!
    also: can we have a telekinesis, telekinetic pull and mass levitation become a short combo where you toss around enemies, pls?
    • Like x 1
  12. Shin-O-B Developer

I understand! Thank you for caring about the game and putting in testing time and effort! :) We do what we can!

There are still adjustments to be made, but I'm happy to hear we're getting closer! Please let us know what mods your are running as well. Those should make a noticeable difference in your performance.

Pain Blast should also leverage Daze now. The intention was to have this "opener" ability play off of Daze while Terrorize, the "finisher" ability, plays off of Terror. This would encourage two different approaches to play if the player chose to focus on one P.I. or the other, unless he or she decided to prepare for both. However...

...we probably have a little more work to do to balance out the burst and DOT sides of damage dealing for both Daze and Terror interacting powers. I thought it would be interesting to have to choose one P.I. or the other, but I understand that you all would probably like both options in either P.I. in practice.

Also, abilities that are heavier on crowd control will lose out a bit on the damage output, compared to abilities that are strictly damage dealing. Balance and all that... ;)
  13. Shin-O-B Developer

Are you referring to the target's reaction animation? Or the Phantom Flames particle effects?

You're going to ask for the combo every time until you get it, aren't you? :p
    • Like x 1
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

That should count for troller role, for dps role it's not fair . Dpses have to do damage per second , not to crowd control.
  15. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Phantom flamess' new animation is annoying as hell. The particle effects on NPC/players is VERY VERY annoying. Please change it.
  16. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Also can you reverse pyrokinesiss' to its old DoT pre-AM? It was a strong single target DoT and did a burst tick at the beginning. Move Pyro's strong aoe DoT back to Mass Terror. This is how it was in the beginning before we had this AM/WM cruft added to the game.

Pyro use to rely on mostly dazing, juggled, knocked down, or encase. I would really like this behavior re-added. Also, I do not understand why one of the powers I highly relied on for PvP was removed. I used thought bubble for it's CC. Please add this back.
  17. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Also why is mass terror still interruptable? The interrupt is highly pointless and toxic to the game play.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It's seems the dots stack on each other.
    Mass Terror stacks on itself and Pyro does too up to 3 times.
    Not bad. Add in the encasement breaking on the two abilities and Phantom Flames and you have some decent damage going on.

One thing about Psychic Prison.. could you make this to be a field casted around enemies?
    Mental has Pyro and Mass Terror emanating from the caster.. it'd be nice to have Psychic Prison be different.. and have a dot that benefits from Dazed.
    • Like x 2
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Psychic Prison and Cryofield are similar in that they cast below your feet. So my assumption, this is intended to be that way.
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

yes, i meant the effect (i guess the stun is gone with the CC),
    but as it is on test now, it kinda looks like it resembles some sort of whirl, wich is nice too,
    yet i liked those particle effect flames a lot...
    well, the dot is back and i made a somersalt out of joy when i saw it :D
    thank you for this!!!

yes. yes, i will continue to ask for telekinesis to become a combo power like this:
    tap melee to pull the enemy just lke you would use telekinetic pull
    (telekinetic pull would become pointless with that change i guess)
    tap range: slams the enemy on the ground dammaging nearby enemies
    hold range: lifts the target higher, nearby enemies get pulled to it,
    taking dammage (weaponising?) and all enemies affected are getting dazed (PI)

and yes i will continue to ask for mass levitation to become a combo aswell like this:
    tap melee: maybe pulls multiple enemies?
    tap range: slams the targets on the ground
    hold range: tosses all enemies together into each other (weaponising dammage?)

also this:

and maybe this:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.