Stats Revamp 1.3 - Atomic Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Power Set Feedback: Atomic

If you haven't, please read this thread about overall survey results.

In this thread, I will address the top 3 pieces of feedback for Atomic. In some cases, I will describe what changes we are making based on your feedback. In other cases, I will describe why we are not (at this time) making changes. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback and remains passionate about the Atomic power set. We appreciate it and want to make sure that we can continue working together to make Atomic amazing.

The top three pieces of feedback are:
    • Crowd Control: You were concerned about needing crowd control to effectively tank
    • Tankiness: You were concerned that Atomic feels too squishy or weak
    • Thermochemical Explosion: You were concerned that TE's cooldown was too long
    Crowd Control

This topic is discussed at length in the overall 1.3 thread, and we feel the changes there will impact Atomic. We have lowered the cooldowns on 3 crowd control abilities for Atomic: Unleash Matter, Thermochemical Explosion, and Ionizing Eruption.

We adjusted crowd control and counters for Atomic in order to bring the powerset in line with others and also make them a bit more reliable to use. There is currently an issue with Subatomic Substitution, where it breaks crowd control when you use it. We are working on this bug fix, and will get it out to you soon. Once this occurs, this will no longer break crowd control on your target.

Tank Role is too Squishy

Atomic tanks suffer from not being able to keep up with tanking multiple adds due to their combo focused tanking style. We recently increased Atomic defense while in tank role, and this should help with that issue. Spord will have more specific info on this. We hear your concern here and are working on iterative solutions for the problem.

Thermochemical Explosion's cooldown is too long

Good point! Now the cooldown is 2.75 seconds.
    • Like x 2
  2. spord Developer

To help get CC back into the Atomic loadouts we have made the following changes:
    • Thermochemical Explosion - Reduced the cooldown to 3 seconds from 12 seconds
    • Ionizing Eruption - Reduced the cooldown to 3 seconds from 12 seconds
    • Unleash Anti-Matter - Reduced the cooldown to 6 seconds from 12 seconds, reduced the supercharge gain to 75 from 150, and increased damage output
    To effectively remove the setup time required to get needed Tank mitigation we also did the following:
    • Increased Defense bonus to +105% while in Tank Role from +85%
      • Quark-Gluon Aura - Removed the 20% damage absorption while in Tank Role
      • Molecular Charges - Reduced the Dominance healing percentage to 26% from 29%
    The visual effects for Atom-Powered Assault should be visible again and Atom Splitter and Atomic Reorginization should no longer remove other crowd control effects.
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm not understanding why, if one of the concerns was feeling to squishy as a tank, the damage absorption and dom based healing was removed and nerfed respectively.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Overall tankiness was moved to the up-all-the-time defense bonus and increased.
    • Like x 1
  5. eanur Well-Known Player

Damage absorption was not really removed we just increased defence when we are in tank role. I'm guessing the idea is now we can go into a fight without our aura and have max defence but still need to activate our aura to get our heal's going. This change just helps us at the start of the fight and less stress when we lose our aura while tanking
    • Like x 2
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

So the defense buff is supposed to offset the changes to healing and damage absorption. My only concern is that Atomic is slowly getting away from what makes it unique. With the always active Def buff we are moving in a direction of making the aura less and less part of the power.
    • Like x 2
  7. Leet Active Player

Yeah just tested and tried atomic tanking....squishy as hell.

So what is the purpose of Aura now? because as it stands in Test it does NOT provide any of the following: defense, damage mitigation, or dominance boost. Healing from combos can be obtained even if aura isn't active.

Guess i am just suppose to turtle tank?! And stack a crap ton of resto and health?!
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you be more specific about what content you were playing, and how it went for you?
  9. Leet Active Player

Tried tanking Olympus at CR175 with 24.5k Defense / 10.5k Dom. Didn't even make it to first boss. Grabbing more than two adds you could last maybe 5-10 seconds.

Popping the Atomic Aura or Density doesn't buff Defense as it does in Live.
  10. L T Devoted Player

So is damage mitigation from defense no longer capped?
  11. Leet Active Player

There is no dmg mitigation. They removed it.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Idk how it can be said the dmg absorption wasnt removed when right there in the notes it says the dmg absorption from having the aura up was removed. I understand its all supposed to work a different way. Its so weird to see notes say something was removed and then see people say it wasnt removed :confused: Either the dmg absorption is there when u have the aura or its not.

And my 1st question is what is the point of the aura then? I havent tested it yet cause i dont have time tonight but for sure will be on test 2mor. But i will say atomic tanking on live is fine. Its great actually. If people lose their aura they are just gonna start doing combos again right away anyways and get it back. And if u can combo and heal w/out it what is the point of it? Reading the changes makes me feel like its not an improvement but its not a bad thing either. Seems like a change just for the sake of change. But i will go test and report back.
  13. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Buffing Defense bonus to +105% will do great with Atomic now, but what i don't get is why do you remove the 20% Damage Absorption to Quark-Gluon Aura?

So if we calculate Defense Bonus adjustment: +105% - +85% = Difference is +20%.
    But then u remove the Quark-Gluon Aura Damage Absorption = 20%
    And you also REDUCED the Dominance-based Healing percentage by 3%

So result is our Atomic Tank gained NOTHING and lose more Dominance-based Healing by 3%.

My questions now are:

- Is it really justifiable to buff DEFENSE to compensate in nerfing DAMAGE ABSORPTION and Dominance-based Healing?

- What conclusive factors led you on these adjustments, removing 20% Quark-Gluon Aura Damage Absorption and reducing Dominance-based Healing by 3% in particulars?

Thanks and hoping for your kind response.
    • Like x 2
  14. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

With all due respect ...
    But despite having created the power, have you already "played" with the power?
    These changes are totally meaningless !!
    You are turning the best game tank into something completely useless!
    No one in good conscience will want to play with the atomic if it comes out this way as it is ...
    I can not see the slightest meaning in anything ....
    I love this power!
    He was the only power that could get me off Earth!
    But by the way I'm going to end up coming back to earth ...
    • Like x 1
  15. tiempo Well-Known Player

I have footage of this, i'll post once it's rdy Mepps.
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Why are we loosing the one thing that makes us atomic? The aura is what allows us to tank period. We need the 2% healing from combos and more like 35% dom heal. Its amazing that the devs that created this great power has forgotten how they had to tweak things up
    • Like x 1
  17. tiempo Well-Known Player

Here's the footage, I was Atomic DPS but I believe I ran Oly with the Tank. Had a good talk too about how the changes felt. Good to get others point of view for myself as well. Links in the ends of the video of some of my own tests with Atomic and Ice Tanking.
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

I love DCUO so, Spord & Mepps i beg you to please re-consider and fix these latest adjustments you made on Atomic Tanking coz contemplating first even on numbers or stats nerfed alone, we can already see how weak Atomic Tanking has become, and more so in the actual gameplay. What do you want us to do to stress it and show you how broken Atomic Tanking is right now on these current phase of Stats Revamp? We've done our job testing it and given you enough feedback to tweak and make adjustments so please, I love DCUO so, fix Atomic Tanking. We don't need to enumerate to you the points on where you need to make adjustments again coz it's all there already laid out for you by the testers here with all their feedbacks.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That healer was absolute garbage. IDC if he sees this.
    • Like x 1
  20. tiempo Well-Known Player

I'm gonna Tank it myself with a good crew and i'll post on here by tomorrow. But yeah I know, roles weren't optimum, but it's good that they see that PoV as well. I'll tank it and we can compare, a spectrum sorta say.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.