Stats Revamp 1.3: Mental

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin-O-B Developer

I will look into the issue! Can you provide us with more information as to when this seems to happen? Info like content you were running, Mobs the ability was used on, and the like will help! The more info, the better! And thank you :)

I will look into this as well. This ability involves physics, so there is always a little bit of randomness in the result.
  2. Shin-O-B Developer

Thank you for your report! :D
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

On a serious note. Thank you Shin for your work on Mental.
    ^.^
    I assume you read the PM I sent you. I never mean to sound harsh or anything of the sort lol.
    You guys are doing great. Im just passionate about mental ;)
  4. Shin-O-B Developer

Terrorize, specifically, cannot be a debuff as its primary function is an Execute.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Edit: neverrmind, disregard
  6. L T Devoted Player

Any chance Invisibility will get some of its crit-buff-awesomeness back?
  7. BumblingB I got better.

In the gadgets thread, he said that they are doing something for stealth buff wise, so it probably will get the same treatment for mental.
  8. Shin-O-B Developer

Gadgets is the exception, in this case. Other than Pyrokinesis and Cryokinesis, Mental's primary P.I.s are Terror and Daze. The advantage Mental has is that Pyro-K and Cryo-K can benefit from themselves pretty quickly and easily.

If you check out the Gadgets thread, we talk about the nature of encasements at bit there:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...revamp-1-3-gadgets.283808/page-7#post-3901622

The possibility of upgrading Telekinesis to a combo is being investigated. No promises though! :)

Generally, we do not set up supercharges to apply P.I.s or benefit from P.I.s, so that is unlikely. Also, Bolt Barrage was overpowered in its previous state. Especially when combined with the passive Critical buff provided by Invisibility. On that note, we recognize the problems with straight up removing the Crit buff from stealth and have made some adjustments for the next build. Stay tuned!

:cool:

Mass Terror is strictly a Terror interacting P.I. Sorry! :( Making it benefit from Daze would cause it to overlap Mass Levitation's function. Mass Terror is being improved in other ways though... ;)

Psychic Shock and Phantom Flames are attacks on the mind, which is why they leverage Terror. In the case of Pyrokinesis and Cryokinesis, you are physically manifesting fire and ice telekinetically.

Terrorize already leverages the Terror P.I.

It is unlikely that Pyrokinesis and Cryokinesis will leverage an additional P.I., since they already leverage themselves. Mass Levitation, however, is receiving an adjustment which is coming in the next build!
  9. Shin-O-B Developer

You're very welcome! The passion all of you bring to this game and these forums is recognized and appreciated! Likewise, the recognition of the effort we put in makes it easier to work longer and harder to make each iteration, and ultimately the final product, better. And it makes it easier to shrug off nonconstructive comments like:
    Generally, we do our best to answer questions and respond to constructive and informative feedback when we can. The more information the better! This information exchange is a two-way street and we are constantly working to improve the way we relay information back to you too! :)

Buuuuuut, as I'm sure you can guess, while we're on the forums actively reading and responding to posts, the powers aren't actively (but passively) being updated! LOL! There is a balance between the two and both are necessary! :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Shin-O-B Developer

Invisibility and its accompanying mechanics will see an improvement in the next build! :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

When can we expect to see the next build? Today hopefully? lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just out of curiosity; do DPS still get their innate 10% damage buff while in Stealth/Invisibility?
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Alright, so we won't have a PI web like before. Could we get creative with dots then?

I was in the shadows watching for a post pertaining to that and it paid off earlier. I saw it ^.^
    I would love to see the encasement code fix in action. I know it's the most difficult thing but you can do it.

AAAHHHHHHH YAAAAASSSSSSSSSS.
    #hype #werk it yall

I wonder what will become of Volcanic Calamity in Fire, Earthquake and Entomb in Earth then. They all apply a PI.
    Oh of course it was overpowered. I suppose it is balanced out then. :(

:D

Hmm. I wonder if it can be stacked on itself to make it a triple tick dot. I miss that so much about Mass Terror.
    I do thank you for clearing that up though.

I understand the lore of these powers however, my stance on Psychic Shock benefiting from its own PI will not change. :p
    I'm fine with them leveraging terror and Pyro and cryo benefiting from their own PI. Just wanted a little extra element to Psychic Shock. As for Phantom Flames I see we may be getting a dot back.

You know sometimes I correct these things in my mind and it never seems to leave my fingers when typing. I'm fully aware lol. I meant for it to consume terror, not leverage.
    ^.^

Hmm cool beans. Would love to see what Mass Levitation gets in the next build! ^.^

Thank you for responding Shin-O-B. Much appreciated. ^.^
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I believe Mass Hysteria applies Terror, or at least the description of it says it does.
  15. Shin-O-B Developer

They didn't before, but they will by the next time you play!
    • Like x 1
  16. Shin-O-B Developer

Yeaaaaaah... You're right... We're going to have to make a final decision on that one. Haha!
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

*hides before all the people who main Mental come to crucify me*
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.